The Billionaire's Baby Blues

Two

Batman waited for the sound of Commissioner Gordon’s voice telling the Joker that he was under arrest for the kidnapping of Evelyn Peters before bursting through the apartment’s only window. He didn’t really care about the damage he had done, seeing as he owned the whole building (along with all the others on the block.)

He ignored the shouts of the police and the Joker and focused on finding Evelyn. That was his priority right now. Batman left the bedroom that he was in and walked into the living room. The Joker was the first to notice his entrance, but he remained silent.

“I’m here for Evelyn,” he told Gordon.

Gordon nodded to a corner by the door. “Over there,” he said. “Get her to a hospital right away. He’s tortured her.”

When Batman looked at the girl hiding in the corner, he couldn’t believe what he saw. The Evelyn Peters shown in her brother’s missing person posters was a happy looking, orange-haired girl who was a little on the pudgy side but loved life anyways. This girl was dirty, as thin as a rail and looked scared to death.

“Wrap your arms around my neck,” he instructed.

She hesitated.

“I’m not going to hurt you. I’m going to take you to a hospital.”

It took several minutes before she finally decided to believe him. He thought that she was one of those people who thought that the Batman was the criminal that the press had made him out to be. However, once she realized that he was telling her the truth, she seemed to relax with him a bit.

She held onto him like a young child holds onto his security blanket as the Batpod sped down the streets heading for Gotham General Hospital; but whether that was because driving this fast scared her or because she felt safer the more she held onto him, he didn’t know. When he arrived at the newly re-built hospital, doctors snatched her away from him and pushed her into the hospital on a stretcher, but not before she could whisper a “thank you” to him.

Once he saw that Evelyn got into the hospital safely, he spend back to his Bat Cave, which sat under a newly re-built Wayne Mansion (which was only built because Alfred told him that he’d be more likely to find a woman wanting to start a family with him if he had an actual house. For some reason, women didn’t want to raise their children in penthouses.) Alfred was waiting for him.

“How did it go, Master Wayne?” he asked as the Batsuit was shed off.

“Perfectly,” Bruce replied. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’ve got some calls to make.”

Alfred smiled. “You go ahead, Sir.”

Bruce couldn’t help but overhear a breaking news report as he made his way to his office: “Evelyn Peters has just been admitted to Gotham General after being dropped off by the Batman. Peters was abducted six months ago by the Joker, who is now in police custody. In addition to the kidnapping of Peters, he is also being charged with the murders of her parents, Lydia and Maurice. We’ll have more for you at six o’clock.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just thought I'd post the second chapter really quickly so you can get more of a feel for the story. I know this chapter was short. I was going to add some action, but I'm shit at writing action/fight scenes; and, anyways, this is not an action story.