The Billionaire's Baby Blues

Seven

“I… wasn’t,” Evelyn told Bruce in a quiet voice, avoiding his piercing stare.

“What?”

“I wasn’t going to tell you that I was pregnant,” she said.

“Are you keeping the baby?” Bruce asked.

“Of course I am,” she replied, looking up at him with the kind of look that told him that she had no plans of backing down. “So you can get rid of all your ideas to convince me to abort it.”

“Why do you think I’d want it aborted, Eve?” Bruce asked, obviously angry.

“You don’t have time for a child,” Evelyn said. “You’re busy living the jet set life with Wayne Industries, hooking up with every good looking bimbo you meet. You, Bruce Wayne, are not the kind that’ll settle down and have a family.”

“What were you going to do then?” he asked.

“I was going to move and raise the baby by myself and not be a burden for you,” she replied.

“That’s not happening,” Bruce stated.

“Then what do you suggest we do?” Evelyn asked him.

“We’re getting married,” he replied immediately.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me, Eve.”

“I am not marrying you, Bruce,” she told him matter-of-factly.

“As long as you are having our child you will,” he replied in the same tone. “I am going to be there for my child.”

“I’d let you visit,” she told him, knowing it wouldn’t work.

“I don’t think so,” he said. “I want to see my child more that once a month and I want it to be raised in a traditional family.” He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. “I’ll call Alfred and he’ll arrange for movers to come and collect your things and have you moved into Wayne Manor by the end of the week. And I’ll have him check and see how quickly we can get a marriage done.”

Evelyn decided to use her last argument. “I’m not getting eloped, Bruce. I want a real marriage with nice dresses, flowers and the works.”

“Alright,” he said, “you can have it. I’ll pull a few strings and get the future Mrs. Wayne whatever her heart desires.”

Her jaw slackened and her argument escaped before she could say anything; and when she finally did think of something, he was gone. Angry at herself, Evelyn stomped her foot and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?