Thieves and Beggars

Turn your sail toward home

When we got back, Anthony and me ran to go tell our parents we were back, before going to join Jessica and Gerard with their family in the game room.

Gerard was sitting at one of those funky green tables I told you about earlier, and I took a seat next to him. Jessica and Anthony took a seat across from us and Jessica pulled out a pack of cards.

“You guys know how to play Egyptian Rat screw?”

I shook my head no.

They taught us how to play, and when Gerard’s hand landed on to of mine, I looked over and smiled at him. He smiled back and we went back to playing.

“This song is for you Gee,” his mom said while she was putting a quarter into the jukebox. To this day, I still don’t know what the name of the song was but I do know that the lyrics went something like this; ‘I love you and I don’t even know your name,’

I looked over at Gerard and smiled. “I don’t think your mom is clueless,”
“Definitely not,”

When we finished our game Gerard went to bug his mom for 75 cents so we could play pool. She ended up not having it and since it was getting dark and she wanted them to stay thee we just sat around for a little bit. Gerard took a seat next to the pull table and I sat next to him, our legs touching.

“It really sucks you guys are leaving Wednesday,”
I kicked my legs against the pool table and looked down at my feet. We were planning on staying till Sunday and it was going to be boring as hell without them here. It was already Monday.

“Yeah I know,” He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I nuzzled in closer to him. He was obviously becoming more outgoing around his mom who he must have figured pretty much knew by now.

“I feel like such a bad boyfriend,”
I looked up with him with a raised eyebrow.
“Well, I don’t have a job, or a car and no money,”
“Don’t worry, I love you anyway,” I grinned and kissed his forehead.

None of that really mattered to me, sure it would be nice if he could drive, but I wasn’t going to break up with him because of it. Besides, he was almost 17 he could probably get one soon.

“Come on guys, let get going,” his mom said and we hopped down from the table and linked our hands.
I heard Jessica whisper something to Anthony that sounded like “It was bound to happen,”

How to play Egyptian Ratscrew