My Mate

The Present

“Aaahhh!!!” the young boy screamed as he woke from his nightmare. The room was silent except for his labored breathing. *...N-Not again...* he thought as he covered his right eye with his right palm. He could feel the cold sweat beads slowly riding down his neck to his back. His neck hairs were standing on end from the terrible visions. One moment he was laying happily in his slumber and the next he’s sitting up drenched in a cold sweat.

He hated that dream, the one where he saw himself as a creature of the night, feasting upon the girl he’s known since birth. Even though it was set in the future, he could tell the woman in his dream was the same girl he’s known his whole life. And if in deed that were to be true, it sickened him to his stomach to see himself drinking her blood.

That sweet, hot, red liquid slowly creeping down his throat...No. *Stop it!* he screamed in his head. He wanted nothing to do with blood suckers or vampires. All he wanted was that horrid dream to disappear and never return. He’s wanted it all along, since he was a child.

Watching cartoons and scary movies as a child told him that victims were suddenly turned into blood suckers of the night from being bitten from a vampire. But no matter how many times his parents told him that there were no such things, he still felt uneasy and doubtful about their existence. But the daily routine of a child quickly came into play and he forgot the whole thing until his bed time.

The boy shook his head to snap out of his trip to the past and cocked his head to the side to view his clock. 6:30 AM. Nice. For once he will be early to school instead of getting his ass kicked into the hallway by the teacher. But did he really want to get up? There was no way in hell he was going to try to go back to sleep with the nightmare’s aura still hovering heavily near him. *better take a shower...* he finally decided as he clumsily walked over to his drawer and fished out a fresh pair of boxers, a clean shirt, and his pants. He would pick up his jacket on the way out the door since it was hanging very innocently on a hanger in his closet.

The boy walked out of his room, trying hard not to make the slightest sound. However, his house’s wooden floor had other plans what with all it creaks and moans for each step the poor boy made. He was just about to stop giving a rat’s ass about making a single sound but he reached the bathroom door just in time. He quietly turned the doorknob and walked inside. He gently closed the door behind him and locked it. His hand went instinctively to the light switch to his right which turned on God’s rays of light blindly into his eyes.

After what seemed like forever, his eye sight came back and he went back to work. He went straight for his pants and boxers because he usually never sleeps in a shirt because God forbid that he could keep a normal temperature with it on. The only time for him to wear a shirt at night would be in the winter, and still it would have to be a terrible snow storm that could freeze hell over for him to wear one.

He moved over to the shower and turned the knobs which started the relaxing sound of water flowing. Maybe too relaxing...*flush*. He was just about to jump into the shower when something in the mirror caught his eye. His reflection.

For some unknown reason, God gave him the honor of having orange hair, even though both his parents had raven black hair. He would remember asking his mother about why he had different color hair than everyone else, and all he would get was “Oh, honey, my hair is naturally orange too.” Which was a load of crap because as he got older, he realized that she never dyed her hair. Not once! Except for the time when someone told her that they had found a white hair amongst her raven black ones. She went crazy and bought a whole week's worth of black dye. Which went to waste because she never found one white hair ever after that.

He blinked, remembering where he really was. In front of the mirror, looking at his reflection. He wasn’t coincided, but he sure as hell knew he wasn’t ugly. But that wasn’t what concerned him. It was what he saw in his dream. In his dream he clearly saw a scar running down his chest where his heart resides. He touched his chest. Feeling his heart’s rhythm pound against it. He slowly brought his gaze back to his face and for an instant; he swore he saw his future self from the dream. He quickly blinked but just like his nightmare, it was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introducing Hatsuharu, the main character of this romantic horror story XDD

Just a little intro to his background and description of himself. We'll meet the next main characters in the next chapter. thanks for reading and make sure to comment XD