My Mate

The Act

“This is a nice surprise.” A young girl stated, looking up at the orange haired boy as they walked.

“Yeah?” he lazily let out without looking down at the raven haired girl.

“Let me guess, you had that dream again, huh?” she stepped in front of the dazed boy.

“Is it that obvious, Shino?” he closed his eyes and continued walking towards the school lockers.

“Aside from the bags under your eyes, yes. You’ve had that same nightmare since we were kids, Haru. I don’t think its normal...” They each went to their individual locker and took out their pair of school shoes.

“Yeah, but I keep tellin’ you that it’s no big deal, Shino.” Haru said as he slipped into his white school shoes and placed his normal black shoes in the locker.

“Yes, I know...but still. It worries me. You’re like my brother, I can’t just forget about it...” Shino walked back to Haru with a small smile.

Haru felt his face getting warm from her smile. He hated that. He hated how easily Shino could break him down into a head-over-heels fool with just a smile. But he didn’t want it. He didn’t want his heart to fall for the one girl he’s known for so long. She was like a sister. Not a girl you have feelings for. No matter how much his heart said otherwise.

First period Japanese came and went without a fuss for Haru. Because he had one of the lowest grades in the class, the teacher didn’t even bother to ask him anymore questions. If he did, he would only get a shrug or a blank expression. Besides, he’d rather watch Shino play sports in P.E. then learn more of his native language.

Second period P.E. gave Haru the time and effort to clear his mind and feelings. He wasn’t a good runner in his opinion but people have told him how he’s run a mile in less than seven minutes. He finds he does better if his head’s in the clouds rather than on what he’s doing.

Third period Art was a do-nothing class. Everyone just hangs out, eats, plays cards, or listen to their music when ever they wanted. Haru would be in the midst of conversation but it was days like these that he rather doze off into his own world. Sometimes he would rethink events from the previous period. Like the boy who would sexually harass Shino in P.E. class and pretend it was an accident. Time and time again, he’s caught the pervert touching Shino but plays it off as if he fell or tripped but Haru knows an a hole when he sees one. But he doesn’t approach Shino about it for fear of having her find out he’s been spying on her like a hawk.

By the time Haru snapped out of his hated thoughts, fourth period English had ended and it was the beginning of lunch. As usual, he would lazily walk over to the vending machine, buy a drink and a loaf of bread, and climb up to the school’s roof where Shino would be waiting for him. He was half way up the stairs when he heard voices from the roof.

“Shino, you know I’ve liked you for a long time...” a low voice came muffling into Haru’s ears. “...so I was wondering if you would start going out with me...”

“O-Oh...” Shino. “Well...I’m sorry to say this but...I can’t do that...Fujimaki...” Shino’s voice was soft and quivering. Something that Haru’s usually never hears unless when Shino’s sad or uncomfortable.

“Please don’t say that Shino-chan. I love you and you know that...besides, you know you can’t really say no to me...” Haru finally recognized the person’s voice. It was the pervert.

“No...l-let go...” and with those words, Haru ran up the rest of the stairs and ripped open the door to find Fujimaki’s hands grabbing Shino’s wrists.

“Let her go you pervert.” Malice was dripping from Haru’s words.

“H-Haru...” Shino’s voice was shocked.

“Excuse me? How dare you call me a pervert you low life!” the average sized boy insulted Haru. “You should be ashamed of your self for eavesdropping!”

“Shut the fuck up! You should be ashamed for touching Shino like you own her! You should learn to respect her if you really do love her as much as you say you do!” Shino’s eyes widen. Haru didn’t care anymore. He felt responsible for the situation Shino was in because he didn’t stop Fujimaki earlier. And that pissed the hell out of him most of all.

“Hoho! Don’t we have a temper?” Fujimaki used his middle finger to push up his glasses. “Shino, I never did those things on purpose. Believe me, don’t believe this low life! He only tells lies! Just like when we were kids.” Fujimaki turned his back on Haru and smirked at the comment he made. He continued to corner Shino with his words.

“Are you deaf? I said let her go!” Haru’s patience wore out and he found himself running toward Fujimaki. With one quick kick to the side, Fujimaki was flung to the ground without warning.

“Haru, no! Stop, please!” Shino stepped in front of Haru with her hands on his arms. Haru’s focus on Fujimaki was broken with her slight touch. “Don’t! You know Fujimaki’s rich! He’ll buy everyone’s word against you! Please stop!” Shino placed her head against Haru’s chest. Vomit churned in his stomach. He wanted Fujimaki dead for what he’s done to Shino but she was right. Even though Fujimaki was a perverted bastard, he’s also a snobby kid. One word from his mouth could easily ruin a kid’s life. But that didn’t stop Haru.

Haru gently moved Shino out of his way and continued towards Fujimaki, who was starting to recover from the blow. “Get up, you rat. Even though you’re lower than dirt, doesn’t mean I have to fight dirty.” Haru growled as Fujimaki tripped over himself to quickly get to his feet.

“Ha! You fool! I only came here to ask Shino to become my girlfriend but now you’ve ruined it! Just like always!”

“Go cry me a fuckin’ river. I don’t give a rat’s ass.” Haru interrupted, for it was the truth. He didn’t care about Fujimaki’s wishes at all. He could jump off a building and Haru still wouldn’t care.

“Fool! There you go again interrupting some one else before they are done talking! You are so rude Hatsuharu! I don’t understand how you’ve put up with this beast for so many years Shino.” Fujimaki shook his head in disgrace.

“Hey, why don’t you leave her out of this you brat!” Haru was itching to knock him out cold.

“Didn’t you hear what Shino said? I have money! And I control who ever I want!” he called out with his arms stretched out. With those words, four random student thugs appeared behind Fujimaki.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said ‘I don’t give a rat’s ass’!” Haru restated, patience wearing thin.

“Once again, you underestimate me...” Fujimaki grinned. “If only you knew that Shino’s parents ran up a debt with my father! Haha, one word from my lips and Shino would be in the dumps with the likes of you!” Fujimaki laughed.

Haru clenched his fists and grinded his teeth together. He had to make a decision and follow it through. And there was no way he was going to turn back and apologize for what he had done. With one quick flash, Haru charged Fujimaki and socked him right in his nose which shut his lily ass up with a trail of blood in the air.

But just as quickly as Haru knocked Fujimaki out, he was jumped by Fujimaki’s goons. And all that Haru could remember afterwards was hearing Shino’s scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's in store for Haru when he wakes up? mmmm, indeed.