Death's a Joke.

Weak.

Ace looked to the left of the table and raised her eyebrow slightly at the lifeless leg, which had a leather shoe attached, stuck out at an awkward angle from underneath the table closest. The Joker noticed and swung his left leg past his right and kicked the limb under the table.

Ace studied the room suspiciously; there was no sign of windows as long velvet drapes ensnared the wall space. The room had golden banisters that curved upwards to more seats while a section of the ground dipped below leading to the kitchen. Each table had its own maroon tablecloth with a lit candle flickering a pattern onto the cutlery while the chandelier glowed eerily in the silent room.

“So, what would you like to eat?” The Joker questioned while clicking his fingers, causing two goons to appear with menus.

The menu was placed between Ace’s hands; she stared down at the embossed paper as if in utter disbelief before looking up at the Joker’s face, her lips slightly parted and her eyebrow raised in bemusement.

“C’mon now, do you believe that I’d try to poison you? Hm, okay, maybe not the best of questions I could of asked you, then again, I must admit I’m surprised you actually decided to sit,” Mumbled the Joker with a smirk plastered across his face.

Ace continued to look at eye level at the Joker however her expression changed from confusion to one of sadistic happiness as she placed the menu of the table. She pulled out a knife from her pocket, one hand held the handle while a fingertip from the other hand was placed at the top of the blade, spinning it around slightly.

“Y’know Jokie, I don’t know why you’ve brought me here, but it better be important…I was planning something,” Snarled Ace, her concentration set on her reflection reappearing with each full spin.

“You were drooling in a gutter as far as I’m concerned, what were you planning, hmm? Were you gonna visit that son of yours? Worried that the old butler can look after him properly? I saw the way you were with that cat, treating it like a baby, surely you’re not turning weak?” Taunted the Joker excitedly, waiting to see her reaction.

She let the knife drop as her eyes began to glare in anger, her nose flared and her teeth grinded together. Within a single movement her nails pressed into the pale skin of the Joker’s neck as she tightened her grip, crushing his windpipe.

“Don’t you dare mention my son,” Snarled Ace, the Joker flailing in her grip as he struggled to breathed, his nails scratching her.

With his last power of energy he pushed her off, breathing heavily as his throat adorned deep red handprints. Once apart they glared at each other, neither of them wishing to speak to the other. Ace pressed her face against his and gave him a single kiss before scraping the blade of her knife against her cheek, flicking the fresh blood off it and turning to disappear into Gotham’s shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Many thanks to my readers, and a special thanks to sweet-tart for her comments.

Any comments are appreicated, whether it be just a general comment or an idea.