Death's a Joke.

Don’t Flatter Yourself.

Batman’s shadow turned around the corner leaving the Joker to nurse his bloody cuts and fresh bruises from their recent fight. He flicked out the blade from his pocket before using it and the reflection from a smashed beer bottle, to remove the large piece of glass from his cheek – leaving a fresh scar across the bridge of the nose which had blood flowing freely from it.

The Joker dragged himself into the conference room he has become quite fond of; hearing the satisfying sound of the door locking with a sharp click letting him know he was away from his idiotic goons. He rubbed his eyes harshly before dropping down into the largest leather chair. Before he had time to register his surroundings, ropes were tightened around him, which was followed by a sudden weight straddling him.

“Hello my ickle Jokiekins, you missed me? My, my…haven’t you ever heard of the phrase ‘Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face’?” Ace mumbled while burying her head into the right side of his neck – resting against his shoulder faintly.

“Y’know if it wasn’t for the fact I’m tied up right now; I’d kill you,” Growled the Joker lazily as she a few light kisses on his skin.

“Well than you better stuff me because I’m a wanted woman – you know how much they’d pay for my body; alive or dead,” Laughed Ace before she pulled herself off to steal a drink from the miraculously stocked mini-bar.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” Muttered the Joker back as he squirmed around in a desperate attempt to loosen the knots that pinned him against the leather.

Ace smirked as she went over to him before taking out one of her prized weapons. The blade frayed the rope letting it fall to the carpeted ground just in time for the Joker to grip her around the wrists and push her against the table just in front.

“Where the hell is my child?” Questioned the Joker, his yellowing nails digging into her wrists the longer it took for her to reply, of which she nodded her head towards one of the Gotham papers that had a column about Bruce Wayne on the front.

“Why did you give him to someone like him. He’s an arrogant, self-loving, money obsessed do-gooder,” The Joker snarled with his eyes fixed onto hers with an expression of confusion as her lips portrayed a smile.

“Because, I wanted him to see what we fight against, make it so that we can break him, change him. Answer me this; how do you know how to become the villain if you don’t know what’s seen as the hero beforehand?” Explained Ace to the Joker who took several minutes to understand what she meant.

He let go of his grasp to turn to the view of Gotham through the window, for what seemed hours but in reality a few minutes, only to turn to find the door swinging open along with no sign of Ace leaving him to want to kick himself for managing to let her disappear again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit: Sorry I forgot to thank thereject717 and InsaneEmoCupCake for their comments it means a lot to me.

I can't explain how happy I am when I see people have commented on the story so feel free to tell me what you think, do you like Ace, what should happen, etc...