Death's a Joke.

The Notorious.

The early morning dew clung to the freshly cut grass, the raindrops flicking off onto the Joker’s tatted shoes as he took a shortcut through an abandoned park. The graffiti adorned window shutters creaked up revealing several TV screens that flashed different qualities of picture.

The Joker felt his feet drag himself over to the news report that danced through the glass window. Every screen seemed to boom out the morning news.

Breaking news; a body has been found hanging from the ‘Wayne Enterprise’ sky scraper, reports of the identity are still unknown and shall be until the body is brought to ground level. The front of the body and face has yet to be seen however several reports are confirming the person to be wearing the outfit connected to the notorious villain and serial killer ‘The Ace of Diamonds’,” Droned a man who had bald patches and wisps of grey hair curving around his lip as a thick moustache his eyes were bulging out of his head and had dark circles around them.

The Joker froze and watched the phone recorded clip as it zoomed in on a body which swung lifelessly with rope going through a window, the clothes were in fact the same clothes Ace wore as an almost ‘uniform’. His lips parted as beads of spit clung to the cracked lips as he stood with no emotion, his arms slightly swinging to the side of him. A feeling of guilt washed over like a sudden nausea as he thought of the fact he had angered Ace only a few hours ago but pushed his feelings back with a smirk and carried to carry on slinking around the streets.

Bruce Wayne had barely pulled his batman suit off and changed back into his regular attire as he ignorantly swayed into the building to begin work before stopping suddenly. The marble floors were invisible under the amount of shoes that covered the floor. Bruce walked in a circle as he inspected the never-ending amount of police officers, his lips pursed tightly together while his eyebrow flicked up high causing thick lines to embed themselves into the skin of his forehead.

“Mr. Wayne, ah just the man we’ve been waiting for. Are apologises for disrupting your business bu-Sir are you listening?” A police officer stuttered while Bruce was distracted by the axe carried by several men and a number of paramedics hurrying towards the stairs. Bruce blinked a few times and shook his head before going back to the conversation.

“Yes, um, what was it you were saying again?” Mumbled Bruce as his hand run through his hair and the other held his jaw in confusion at the scene that was happening in front of him, his eyes stinging from the lack of sleep as he had spent the night in his Lamborghini, not making it back to his home.

“A body was found hanging from one of the top floors; we’ve yet been able to get to the body due to the awkward angle it is at currently. So we have no idea of who is it, not even their gender. We are also trying to work out the reasoning behind the death. There are many connections to suicide but we can’t ruler anything out just yet, such a shame though, I mean for someone to feel the need to do that is awful,” Mumbled the police officer as she observed the other members of the police search around for clues.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments as usual mean so much and a big thanks to everyone who sent me comments on the last chapter, Agent Of Anarchy and sweet-tart. (P.S. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone else, it's pretty late), it means so much to me that you take your time to do that!

My apologises for the long(ish) wait! Anyway it's my birthday tomorrow so I wanted to get a chapter out near then and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to post it tomorrow. :)