Death's a Joke.

You Always Were.

“Drink it, now,” Snarled the Joker as he pressed the opened hip flask against the slightly parted lips of a goon who was cowering into the corner.

Out of pure fear of his own boss he ripped the little container out of the Joker’s grip and tipped the cold metal back so that the thick liquid oozed out. The substance engrossed his throat in a burning sensation, the taste being sweet yet sour and the vision of the nightmare inducing, clown face-painted Joker faded into a blur of endless darkness.

“Poison? Oh Ace you do know how to entertain don’t you? I would call you a master of the criminal game, but then again, fame and recognition suggests favouritism and to favour or like someone? I refuse to commit…” The Joker hissed to himself, his fingers flipping the hip flask as he began the laughter again, and a laughter which seemed so constant but would never last.

“Good evening…Glenn,” Announced the voice of the figure of darkness, the streetlamp outlining the shape and defining the rods of rain pelting the trench coat, the howling wind eerily wrapping around the figure; its hair and coat were the only things moving.

“Diamonds, it’s been a while,” The women who had been referred to as Glenn replied in an almost gasp as she crouched with a piece of cardboard covering her head, twitching involuntary every time the rain ripped a piece off with its strength.

With this Ace stepped closer, her knife visible in her hand and her make-up framing her diamond shaped scars that bordered her eyes, these scars were deeply cut, striking fear to anyone who viewed them. She seemed unaffected to the rain, as if she was a ghost and the weather could just past through her. Her body crouched so she was eye level with the other female.

“…Jenny…my old friend,” Uttered Ace, the streetlamp focusing on her face which saw the paint run, her true skin colour and scars becoming visible.

“It has been years since I last spoke to you, you always were my closest, best friend,” Mumbled Jenny, her eyes flickering occasionally towards the knife in Ace’s hands with a little gulp, she knew not even friendship would stop a mind so twisted as the one that belong to the criminal she stared at.

“But square-cut or pear-shaped,
These rocks don't loose their shape,
Diamonds are a girl's best friend…”Ace sang back with a cackle, her amusement sparkling in her eyes with a sinister spark to them.

“What is it you want Ace?” Questioned the female’s shaking voice, her best attempt of anger came out as a whimpering tone, much to the delight of Ace who had been tapping the tip of the knife’s blade onto the pavement which cracked several times, leaving entwining weeds to escape their concrete cell a feeling which Ace knew all too well.
♠ ♠ ♠
sweet-tart...were do I begin? I must say your comments keep me writing this! Thanks a thousand times!

Comments are great and I always reply to comments so feel free to drop a message or friend request so I can hear feedback etc.