Death's a Joke.

Painted Lips.

The Joker’s yellowing nails ripped the brown paper off the parcel like a child on Christmas day. Out of the wrapping fell an item onto his lap causing his face to light up as he held the item in front of his make-up smeared face. The Joker’s hand bobbed the patchwork fabric toy which made it rattle while his yellow razor teeth were visible due to his grin.

“I should of guessed you’d be responsible,” Snarled a voice from behind the Joker, the sound of the wooden floorboards creaked as the stranger approached.

“You think too highly of me Ace,” Cackled the Joker’s voice back, the eye of the toy depicting an image of the figure behind.

His laugh was soon stolen by a grimace as he felt a blow to the back of his head causing his body to involuntary fall. A high-heeled boot placed itself on his chest, applying just enough pressure to induce an uncomfortable feeling and make him splutter out a cough as his eyes stared up at Ace. She dropped to her knees forcefully grabbed the Joker by his jaw bringing his pale white face two hers, their make-up almost identical, the two notorious criminals both instantly recognised by their looks.

“Mr. Jokie…” Ace whispered into the Joker’s ear, a tone that if it was from anyone normal it would be considered affectionate, as she nuzzled her nose against the side of his face.

Her painted lips left visible patterns against the Joker’s neck as her hand was mangled in his hair, tugging his hair with a sharp pull. She pulled away with her hand still attached to his jaw line.

“I'll be there when your heart stops beating,
I'll be there when your last breath's taken away,
In the dark when there's no one listening…” Ace sang with a sadistic smirk as her nails dug deep into the Joker’s flesh, blood seeping from the open wounds as he hissed in pain.

She pushed his face to the side as if she was bored of him several times, back and forth as if he was just a ragdoll. The Joker’s hand reached up and laced itself around her thin wrist before pulling her hand down. His other hand picked up the toy and waved it in front of her face as she let out a low growl.

“You seemed to of grown attached to that baby haven’t you Ace hmm?” Questioned the Joker, his face was free of any emotion as he squinted his eyes watching for a reaction and his tongue licked the corners of his mouth.

“I hope you douse yourself in petrol and set yourself alight ‘Clown Prince’,” Roared Ace before she torn the toy out of his hands, as the Joker pushed himself up and looked around she had disappeared.

The cream coloured carpet had began to absorb the red substance that flowed from a girl whose neck was gashed, her body was sprawled out in the hallway; left to gather dust as the only noise was the faint ticking that echoed down the hall from an oddly shaped grandfather clock.
♠ ♠ ♠
A hundred and more thanks to my readers, and to buni2o3, Xx!!SKITTLEZ!!xX and sweet-tart for their comments which inspire me to write more.

Ideas are helpful to cut down the chances of writer's block, many thanks to all the ideas people give me and I am working on one or two of them but feel free to suggest anything you wish, even if it's just a word!