Death's a Joke.

Celebrate The Day.

Bruce smirked as he turned his attention to the silver frame on his desk. The photo was of his son. This had been the first time he had worked late at night since the death of Alfred but he wasn’t worried about Harry since as the teenage daughter of his rich neighbours was babysitting him. Little did Bruce know that she had been killed only moments before.

“Shh…mummy’s here,” Ace whispered into the crib before scooping the baby up in a bundle of his blankets.

Ace placed his head onto her right shoulder as her arms held him protectively. She gently bounced him as well as shushing him; her fingertips stroking the back of his head, were he had begun to grow a full set of hair, in order to soothe him. Ace began to sway her body slightly as she pressed her lips just above his ear as he tried to eat his own hand – covering it in drool as he let out a squeals and small giggles in response to the attention.

“Hush my love now don’t you cry,
Everything will be all right,
Close your eyes and drift in dream,
Rest in peaceful sleep,” Ace sang with a voice just above a whisper while Harry’s eyelids flickered several times before he fell asleep in peace within the villain’s arms.

The Joker watched in utter confusion as he peered around the doorframe to find Ace cooing over the small boy. As he straightened his posture Ace’s eyes darted to him with ultimate stealth; she pulled her son closer as she gave a warning expression towards the Joker who had stepped fully into view. He stepped closer with his empty hands in view until he had reached Ace.

“I didn’t realise that my little princess had decided to visit as well,” The Joker tried to hiss at Ace who just looked up, over her shoulder at his face while their son let out a tiny yawn in his sleep.

The Joker and Ace both tried to read each-other’s eyes before Ace broke eye contact by burying her head into his chest which was covered in clothes smelling of gasoline, gunpowder and cheap whiskey. The Joker in reply found himself, as if against his better judgement, wrapping his arms around her small frame and pressing a kiss onto her forehead as they both stared down at their son.

“Y’know I could blow this whole place up right now, I will celebrate the day I finally see the end of ‘The Ace of Diamonds,” Snarled the Joker with his dark yellow teeth in full view that contrasted his freshly dyed green hair but he never looked at her.

“Believe me I would willingly rip every organ out of your body, if I wasn’t holding my son I’d grab my knife right now,” Ace growled back as she rocked Harry softly.

“Oh Ace…why so serious? Now, do you know how I got these scars?” The Joker questioned, his eyes now set on Ace who had just placed the baby back into his crib along with the toy the Joker had stolen before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Music_Skittles4ever for her comment! :)

I decided as a late-ish Christmas present I'd write a nice chapter...or atleast as a story about two villains can be. Comments = love.