Death's a Joke.

Dying Breed.

“I’ve got something better to talk about, Clown Prince, care to inform me about the death of Nyx-Ivy?” Ace’s icy voice hissed; wrapping around the Joker’s thoughts in a taunting manner.

“Ha-ha-ho-heh, Acey to do know how to make me laugh dontcha’? We both know you just had her around as so you could work faster, you didn’t care about her – heck I bet you’re just jealous you didn’t kill her yourself,” Cackled the Joker back at her.

Ace let out a hoarse growl through the gaps of her yellow tinted teeth, her tongue pressed against a tooth that was slightly twisted as if she was forcing herself to not bite. The Joker removed a hand grenade from his pocket before hooking his thumb through the ring as if ready to pull.

“Y’see Ace, when I was learning the beginning tricks, and I began the route of being an underdog in the Gotham side streets and I started my criminal ways I worked for a drug dealer. I was around six at the time and he gave me a parcel to deliver, it was some ecstasy pills. Now being my young naïve self I took the tablets with the smiley face on them, and my dealer was not happy, not, one, bit. So, he took a rust covered razorblade and made my face match the smiley tablets to show other dealers I couldn’t be trusted... and as he cut he asked me a very important question. ‘Why so serious?’” Explained the Joker, his voice was barely above a whisper, the only real loud noise being the noise of his chapped lips that he licked smacking together.

“Truly fascinating,” Snarled Ace sarcastically, “Although you ignored my question about Nyx-Ivy. She was the only chance of villains…like us, surviving Joker. We’re a dying breed, us – the true criminals, and how are we gonna last if we kill the ones on our side? Or do you wish to see all of our work fall to the vision of the mafia being the greatest villains…or titles being taken by pickpockets?”

Before the Joker had time to reply Ace had forced her boot into the Joker’s stomach causing him to stumble backwards. As he managed to gain control again Ace had disappeared yet her laugh seemed to linger. He let out a roar of frustration before he turned to the crib and looked at the boy within.

“Gotham City’s most wanted male…that’ll be your title soon, you’re give them hell like your parents. That is once your old enough to escape this place, yet you’ve gotta stay here for a reason. You need to see their world before you can see ours…sanity is very fragile, and it will be your job to show them that,” The Joker mumbled, but if this was to his son or to himself he wasn’t sure.

As the Joker wandered down the street he casually flung the hand grenade into a nearby building, the blaze warming his back as he stepped into the shadows, the sounds of screams began to fill the suburban Gotham air.

On the other side of the city Ace began her night-time activity of speaking to the residents of Gotham and had planned to break into a nearby house seeing as she hadn’t eaten in almost a day causing her body to weaken and her skin looking paler if that was even possible, she also wanted to wash the grime off her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music_Skittles4ever thanks once again for commenting, it means so much to me!

A big thanks to all my readers, new ones and old, it means so much to me that people wish to read my stories!