Death's a Joke.

Warning Signals.

Ace hissed as the sun’s rays flickered through a tiny crack in a dirt smeared window. A single ebony tinted spider crept across the glass causing Ace to winch in dislike before turning her body over. Her body pressed against the naked flesh of the Joker who was drooling slightly. Ace had ended up in the Joker’s latest den that was in reality a burnt out building.

“I taste death in every kiss we share,
every sundown seems to be the last we have,
your breath on my skin has the scent of our end…” Ace sang to the Joker in a hushed tone, her eyes adjusting to the light.

Ace gently played with a single greasy green curl of the Joker’s hair her free hand touched her newly created scar. The heart scar had become slightly infected as it changed from a fresh blood colour to a yellowing shade. The makeup on her face that framed her infamous diamond scars was now almost completely faded. As the curtains which she was using as a blanket covered her naked frame she heard the noise that had woken her travel into the room once again.

Ace had put on what was for her a work uniform, at is a work uniform that had been doused in blood and dirt. Her feet padded down the building, stopping every few seconds to avoid a goon before the door on the left to her emitted the noise once again. The door snapped open as she pulled on the handle to reveal a sight that left Ace stunned.

Joker!” Ace snarled, her voice echoing off the singed walls that were blackened.

The Joker strolled casually down the hall as several men bowed to him as if he was some sort of Godlike figure. His eyes made contact with Ace’s ones which sent out warning signals.

“Care to tell me why the fuck our son is with you and not with Bruce Wayne?” Ace roared in anger, pointing towards the little boy who sat as if oblivious to the noise, staring up adoringly at his parents.

“You called him our, hah poor little Ace getting affectionate. If he’s got the traits of his parents that’s all well and good but he need to get away from them people. He needs to watch and learn, be brought up to know the tricks – sanity is like ice; so thin it only takes a little crack to break up. He’ll be in charge of this town one day, he doesn’t need all that paper money – it burns easily. The goons can look after him,” Explained the Joker, smirking confidently as he stood as if in self victory with himself.

Ace glared at the Joker as in deep thought before turning around and forcing him into the doorframe so that his head made a sickening crack against the charred wooden panel door before she cackled.

“I hate you, Mr Joker,” She cackled into his ear, kissing his cheek so that her smudged makeup left a small trace against his skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
A million and one thanks to all the readers and comments!

Special thanks to; New Perspective, rainbow.veins., X_x '.Sk!ttlz.' x_X and sweet-tart for being loyal readers and for your comments!