Death's a Joke.

Dear Life.

Dr. Bernard Schwarz was one of Arkham's finest psychiatrists, dealing with some of the most notorious villains to ever enter the through the gates so why his hands violently shook as clenched his notes on the way to her cell he had no idea.

“Hello there Ace, may I come in?” He managed to muster, coughing to try and steady his voice which trembled near the end of his sentence as he stood staring through the tiny window on the door as if it was a zoo attraction containing a wild beast.

“Sure, grab a seat…” Ace called back moving her hand casually to signify an empty corner of the room with humoured sarcasm as he put her feet up against the soft, white walls.

He entered the room moments later carrying in a chair for him to sit before placing it in front of her. He placed himself down, shuffled his notes several times, and clicked his pen before turning his attention to Ace.

“Now Ace, I’m your friend, I’m on your side as I’m your friend, I’m not like the others who don’t come to your cell, I just want to help you,” Schwarz began to mutter to her sympathetically.

“I didn’t realise friends were suppose to be scared of each other…although if you want to help me…” Ace began to taunt back at his apparent fear of her, even without her weapons she had more control than half of the Gotham population.

The guards of Arkham ripped their teeth through the sugar coated dough of a box of doughnuts while pouring coffee down their throats with a burning sensation. As usual they had hacked into the system to put the sports channel onto the multiple screens that the CCTV cameras were connected to so they didn’t have to watch the inmates.

“You hear that?” An upturned nosed guard choked, his coffee spilt over his uniform as he jolted upright.

“No, I’m telling you, you’re going soft in your old age, losing your hearing…and your marbles for that matter,” Retorted a round faced man whose eyes sunk deep into his head.

“Can’t we turn the lights on? Its way to dark in here,” The first guard replied while nervously rubbing his hands together that were beginning to sweat.

“It’s night, even if we turn them on most of the room will be dark, and people will be suspicious, I mean we need it’s dark to look at the screens…if I put them back on will you stop whinging?” Replied the other guard before he began switching the CCTV live feed back on.

Their eyes flickered across the screens…it was quiet…too quiet, and then their gaze fell onto the one of the screens of the cell on one of the highest floors. The image starring them was a stick figure drawn onto crinkled paper and stuck onto the camera. Both of the guards shot warning glances at each other before instantly gripping the guns in their pockets for dear life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my readers, I've just finished all my exams for this year and I'll be having a break in a few weeks so I'll finally get 'round to writing more.

Comments? Tell me what you want to happen? Say hi? I appreciate every single one.