Death's a Joke.

Sparkling Orbs.

The guards had only been searching the corridors for a few minutes but they could have sworn they had been there for hours. A trickle of sweat beads poured down their necks as their eyes flickered across the room, too fast to take in precise shapes. Their breath was jagged and their bodies shook with fear as the lights above them cut out. At the as time they heard a snapping noise from the left and aimed their guns.

“Oh lookie here, more dolls to play with,” Announced a dry voice from behind their standing figures. She laughed slightly as the men gulped in absolute fear of the owner of the voice.

The Joker crashed a stolen police van straight through the gates of Arkham while his voice echoed through the speakerphone he had pressed against his lips. Despite his entrance there were no guard dogs, yelling or even the odd footstep outside. His face crinkled in confusion as he straightened his shirt which his dirt encrusted hands before stepping into the empty reception. He leaned over the wooden polish office desk to access the computer which reported Ace’s cell location.

The Joker tugged her cell room open to find Ace in an awkward position reading a book upside down; her eyes seemed to be glazed over as if she had fallen asleep. She snapped out of her trance before smirking at the Joker’s bewilderment. She stood up and strode over to him as he edged out into the corridor.

“…Hi,” She stated simply once they stood inches apart in the centre of the corridor.

“Hello, princess,” The Joker replied in a low growl as he studied her grin with a fascinated anger.

Before he could gather his thoughts he felt himself brush his lips against her before his arms slipped around her. They stood in the embrace in the darkened corridor as the sparks spurted from the hacked light wires, giving the blood covered walls a shimmering shade of dark maroon and the inconsistent glow from a single bulb illuminated the hospital beds that had been abandoned.

Bruce watched Harry drool over a rattle as Alfred shuffled through wearing a pair of slippers to inform Bruce of the news about nearly half of the Arkham patients escaping only moment ago.

“Who do they think it was?” Mumbled Bruce as his lightly tanned palms brushed his unshaven stubble.

“Who’d you think? The Joker of course,” Alfred sighed in a raspy voice which was clear at showing he had just been woken as he passed an image of the most recent picture of the Joker to Bruce.

Harry’s eyes gazed over the picture like sparkling orbs before he let out a little squeal of delight and clapped his tiny hands together with excitement. Bruce stared at the few month of baby for a few seconds in uncertainty of Harry’s reaction before picking him up and kissing his forehead before carrying him to put him to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for my friend Jenny. A big thanks to OhMyFrankingGee and Static Venom for their comments! It means a lot.