Death's a Joke.

Being Cut Off.

Ace casually caressed the handle of a knife lovingly which had a twisted blade that shone Ace’s eyes back at her. As usual she had gone to visit Owen Darns; a copper red haired man who had once tried to attack Ace for money and had been spared under the conditions that he would supply her with a free weapons.

“Oh, good evening, no henchmen today? You aint seen no dirty police sniffing around have you?” Owen babbled causing Ace to tense – she had never been buying new stock when someone else enters, he was under strict orders from her.

“Only me, the police turned off Alter street after some amateur pickpocket…I thought we were under stern conditions that no-one would be here when I am,” Snarled the customer back as Owen who had leisurely strode behind a counter.

“Y’know neither of you can claim to be the best villain of Gotham when the other is still alive,” Owen pointed out now that he was in the safe distance to pick up a gun when Ace glanced at the other person only to see the Joker who had raised his eyebrow so high that his makeup on his forehead chipped slightly.

“Yeah Joker - why don’t you just kill yourself? It’s not like you do anything of any use, all you do is steal my work,” Snarled Ace with a smirk on her face as she took a single step closer while Joker walked straight up to her.

“Don’t even start that toots, you’re the one who has dyed your hair to match mine,” Grunted the Joker back as he lifted a piece of her freshly dyed green hair and tugged slightly causing Ace to try and pull away from his grip.

Ace and the Joker both clenched their teeth which they showed to the other slightly like a warning sign and glared into each other’s eyes despite the height difference. They refused to let the other one win as they seemed to battle the eye contact. Owen had began to step closer to the pair with an arrogant smile as he believed that in their almost trance he wouldn’t be hurt.

“You know what? I’ll leave you two to spend some alone time, it seems you have a lot to talk ab-” Rambled Owen before being cut off by two gun shot wounds. Ace and the Joker stood each holding a gun that was smoking from the end but they still kept their gaze.

“I feel this would be the perfect time for me to depart…” Ace giggled as she cut off the staring competition by laughing menacingly. The gun she gripped was dropped out of her hand as she began to hold her stomach as she laughed so much it had began to hurt her.

“Don’t even think about it,” Replied the Joker’s frustrated tone as he aimed the gun at Ace’s body while she began to calm down from her laughing fit.

As Ace went to move the Joker was true to his threat and pulled the trigger before his body swiftly moved out of the boarded up door and down the cracked pavement through the humid night air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? How would you like the story to carry on? I'll try and form the storyline around what you wish!

Thanks to all my loyal readers and everyone who has commented. It's my last day of school for a while so I can update more often.