Death's a Joke.

Shredded.

Doctor Ling raised his eyebrow so that the thick black hairs arched as he noticed several doctors and nurses rush in and out of a pair of eggshell blue doors that led to one of Gotham General Hospital’s operating theatres. The corridors seemed empty as if every staff member had piled into the room so, being naturally curious, he pulled the face mask over his mouth and snapped some thin gloves on before swinging the doors open.

“Reports say an old lady was walking down one of the downtown streets when she noticed a large trail of blood that seemed to come from a boarded up shop before trickling down the road. She said she had found a woman unconscious lying in a pool of blood. Seems the victim has been hit by a single bullet but as also sustained severe injures from the smashed glass she was found lying in,” Rambled a nurse who had scurried over to the doctor before he had even seen the patient.

The doctor crinkled his nose slightly at the display – sure the sight of blood was a daily occurrence but it still wasn’t a pleasant sight. The body seemed to be surrounded by surgeons who each seemed to be concentrating on their own section. The only gap given was one that showed a doctor pressing down blood soaked bandages onto the neck that had been shredded by glass. Everyone seemed on nerves; their eyes constantly glancing towards the heart monitor.

The Joker’s eyes followed a cockroach around his bedroom before he rushed it with his fist; the trail of ooze ran down the side of his palm. He had been back to his hideout for barely a few minutes and was already bored; he bit his nails down while in deep thought before going to find his loyal goons.

The Joker had just finished tightening the knots that enslaved Bruce Wayne to a somewhat worn wooden chair. He stuffed a rag into Bruce’s mouth before stepping back slightly to admire his work which was soon followed by a harsh laugh. Before the Joker had time to talk to the hostage he heard the distinct cry of a baby.

“Watch him,” Snarled the Joker to his goons as he followed the sound of the cry as if almost confused at what could make that noise.

The Joker entered a room on the far left of a wooden panelled corridor that had a smiling clown holding a bunch of balloons and a sign saying ‘Harry’. The Joker crept towards a crib that was located in the middle of the room as if unsure of the environment. He stared down at the small child in almost fear as he stared at the tiny infant. The Joker pulled out a blade and pointed the tip at the child’s forehead.

“Y’know, you have the same eyes as your mother,” Mumbled the Joker before thrusting the knife back into his coat pocket.

As the Joker turned to leave an armoured set of knuckles cracked into his nose – the sudden loss of blood causing his eyesight to blur and blood to tint his already stained teeth.

“Well Batman I haven’t seen you in a while, you know I’ve been dying to catch up with you, for some…laughs,” Began the Joker while his tongue lapped up the blood that flowed freely across his upper lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to CarolineComplication for the comment! So, I need your opinions, should Ace live or die? Do you like my story? I'd like to thank you for reading the story so far.