I Need To Find You

Gotta Find You

Sitting on a couch with his brothers the second eldest Jonas laughed as one of their fans made a rap about his brother Kevin.

'Yo, Kev, see you at the wedding!', they all laughed but clapped as she blushed. Kevin chuckled as they relaxed on the couch, but he was quiet.

Most girls knew Joe Jonas as loud, funny, crazy, and cocky at times. He was, but Joseph Adam Jonas was more then what they saw everyday at concerts. He still was getting used to being known as a heart throb when not that long ago he was just your average Joe (no pun intended).

Every time I think I'm closer to the heart
Of what it means to know just who I am
I think I've finally found a better place to start
But no one ever seems to understand


Joe smiled as he and his brothers played for the orphans, as they sang along with the boys. They knew every word. One little girl was sitting in a corner by herself and he noticed her the most as he sang. The other kids seemed to make fun of her.

When they all went outside to play with the kids she sat on a swing by herself swaying back and forth while the others crowded the boys.

Slowly Joe broke from the crowd, his hands in his pockets as he walked over to the sweet brunette. Squatting beside her he smiled. "Hi, I'm Joe, what's your name?" he said softly so not to scare her. Turning her head to him she smiled softly blushing as his brown eyes searched into hers.

"Abby", she whispered shying from him a bit.

He smiled watching her blush not out of being near a rock star, but just simply being talked to by someone. "How old are you Abby?" he asked. She answered holding up her hand with four fingers showing to him. She was so quiet and wasn't sure what to say or do.

Slowly he got up which quickly got the little girls attention. Her brown eyes softened as she looked up to him as he towered over her. "Are you leaving me too?" she asked sweetly. He shook his head as he walked behind her and lightly pushed her on the swing. The giggling little girl pumped her little legs until she fell into a rhythm. As she swung back and forth he watched with a smile before he turned his head to his brothers.

Kevin and Nick searched over the many kids for their brother but still couldn't see him. "JOE!" Nick shouted above the crowd. A little boy pointed over to their brother over by the swings where their brother stood with a little girl swinging. As the two boys ran over to him the sea of kids followed after trying to catch their attention. "Bro we're leaving soon so we gotta say good bye", the young Jonas said causing everyone to whine. The three boys laughed as Abby stopped herself on the swing looking up to Joe. Many of the kids fought for their attention. But the middle Jonas looked over to Abby and smiled.

Picking her up off the swing the orphans all stopped to see what he would say. "Guys, meet my new best buddy Abby!" Joe said holding the girl close. Nick and Kevin smiled shaking her hand as they introduced themselves to the little joy. Big Rob slowly walked over laying a hand on Joe's back looking down to the little girl and sighed.

"I'm sorry boys but we really gotta go", the large man said looking down at the tiny kids. The boys all nodded as Joe set Abby down.

Tears were brimming her eyes this time as Joe squatted at eye level. "You're leaving me aren't you?" she said taking a deep breath. He nodded wiping her tear as his brothers hugged and high fived the other kids. "Just like mommy I won't see you again will I?" Joe was cut deep with the words as he bit his lower lip.

"I'll try and come back ok?" he said unsure if he should make such a promise. Her face brightened though with the words as she ran into him wrapping her tiny arms around his neck. Holding her tightly to him before Big Robs hand lay on his shoulder signaling it was time to go. He let her go and slowly walked away waving to the other kids as the walked on to the bus. As Joe sat on the bus he looked out the window as the kids ran to surround the bus. His eyes never left Abby's although she couldn't see it. As they drove away his heart ached.

I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far?


Every night they toured the U.S. and all he could think about was the little girl he left behind. As his brothers played he smiled as he picked up a girl in the audience and sang to her. She looked a little like Abby. Kevin and Nick smiled as he sang to the girl as they strummed along. The crowd roared as he sang to the little girl wanting to be that little bundle in his arms.

Joe smiled as they bowed and said good night. Big Rob smiled standing by Felicia the family assistant as she held his phone in her hand. "She's on the phone Joe, you better answer it she's pretty excited!" she laughed. Joe ran to the phone and put it to his ear.
"JOE!" Abby giggled into the phone. He smiled hearing the angelic voice in his ear. "Joe I sang in school today!" she said with a wide smile.

Joe had called Abby for days, he felt close to the little girl, closer then he felt with anyone. He laughed remembering when two days ago she was so nervous about singing and now she was talking about singing with them on tour. "What did you sing?"

"That's Just the Way We Roll, just like you taught me!" she said holding the big cordless phone to her little ear. "Wanna hear?" she asked.

Kevin and Nick smiled hearing her voice as they all walked down the hall to the bus.

"Nothing would make me happier", he said as Big Rob walked in front of the three boys and helped block the screaming fans.

'I know I get a little crazy, and I know I'M A LITTLE LOUD, but Joey says, that I should never fake it, I am wild I am free I'm more then you think, cause that's just the way we roll!', she sang. Joe, Nick and Kevin heard her and clapped as they sat on the bus. She clapped herself as the owner of the orphanage asked her to hang up it was close to bed time. She nodded. "Joey, I have to go to bed...", she said quietly as if she could spare just a little bit longer for her to talk to her friend.

"I understand Abby, it's late, and I'll talk to you again soon alright?" he said with a wide smile. The two hung up as Kevin and Nick shook their heads he hung up and headed for a shower. It was like they had a little sister, or...a niece in a sense.

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you
Oh yeah


It was Abby's fifth birthday as Joe and his brothers surrounded her on the tour bus and her candle lit cake in front of her. The Jonas family some how got permission to bring her on tour with them and treated her like family. "Blow out your candles Abs", Joe whispered into her ear.

She smiled as she closed her eyes and wished blowing out the candle. Everyone clapped and laughed as she took the candle out of the cake and licked the frosting off. Joe ran his fingers through the little girl's hair as his mom cut the cake passing out each piece to everyone. "Thanks mommy", he said with a smile kissing her cheek.

Abby looked away seeing the love that she wished she had. Licking frosting off her finger she sat alone until Joe sat beside her and pulled her close. "What's wrong? Your wish still hasn't come true?" he asked.

Abby nodded and shrugged. "It will someday", she said laying her head against his chest.

He kissed her head and smiled. Joe had a huge surprise for her tomorrow as the small party ended. "Night Joey", she said hugging him tightly before hopping into her bunk.

Joe climbed up into his and smiled looking down at the folder that held something he wasn't sure if he was ready to give to her.
----------------------
Abby lay asleep as Joe brushed her hair out of her face. Her peaceful face broke his heart as he held the folder in his hands. Opening it he read over her parents obituaries again. He looked to her face and ripped the copies he had gotten throwing them in the trash. He may be young, but he's not stupid, this would crush her.

Smells of breakfast melted in the air until he was jolted back to reality as two little arms wrapped around his waist. There stood Abby with a huge smile where two teeth were missing. "Morning Joey", she said with a giggle.

"Morning beautiful", he said picking her up and walking her to the kitchen area of the bus.

You're the remedy I'm searchin' hard to find
To fix the puzzle that I see inside
Painting all my dreams the color of your smile
When I find you it will be alright


The whole Jonas family smiled as Abby joined them for Christmas that year. The summer was crazy when she toured with them, Joe at times acted more like her father then her friend, but his brothers stopped him several times. "DUDE you're not her dad, you gotta have fun with her not discipline!" the reminded him. He would nod and walk away remembering when that little girl sat on a swing alone, now was more beautiful, and out going.

As they lay in their beds in LA a storm began scaring the girl out of her bed. The thunder, the lightning all made her nervous as she walked out of her room and slowly walked to the one place she felt safe.

Quietly opening the door to Joe's and Kevin's room Abby tip toed climbing into Joe's bed snuggling close. With a chuckle Joe held her protectively handing her the bear he made her for Christmas. "Don't worry, I'm here Abby always"

I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far?
You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you


"What do you mean I can't adopt?! This isn't fair! She doesn't have any parents! She loves me enough to be her dad!" Joe shouted at the owner of the orphanage. She knew it would be hard running the life of a teenager with his rock star lifestyle.

She sighed. "I'm sorry Mr. Jonas but rules ask that a male AND female adopt Abby. It simply is risky to put a child in the care of a single male!" she stated handing him a folder that held the recommendations to adopt.

"That doesn't mean I CAN'T it just means I will have a rough time!" he sighed handing it back. "I love Abby like she was my own! Please help me!"

The woman shook her head and sighed looking to a picture of Abby on tour with the boys that they sent while she was away. Abby's smile has never been so bright ever. Looking up to the angry man she smirked. "We'll try something just give it time"

Been feeling lost
Can't find the words to say
Spendin' all my time stuck in yesterday
Where you are is where I wanna be
Oh next to you, and you next to me
Ohh...
I need to find you
YEAAAHHH


Girls screamed as three Jonas boys rose up on platforms onto the stage playing S.O.S. Joe and his brothers smiled as they bounced the song that launched their careers. Continuing to play through the whole concert Joe kept looking backstage but still couldn't see her.

"Now this next song, I wanna dedicate to someone very special to me", Joe said as the three sat on stools. Girls whispered to each other wondering if it was one of the starlets he's been rumored to be dating that week, maybe it was his mother.

Suddenly a little girl with bouncing brown curls ran into his arms as he lifted her into the air. "DADDY!" Abby shouted kissing his cheek. Joe and his brothers chuckled as he sat down with Abby in his lap bouncing her occasionally.

Holding her close he smiled kissed her head as he looked around at the audience. Some awed, others were in shock. "This is my best friend Abby Jonas!" he smiled. Sure it wasn't some starlet he'd been linked with. Abby was more then that, she was the one he wanted in his life forever.

As he sang Gotta Find You with his brothers he looked down to the little girl who was now his. He remembered meeting her just two years ago at the age of 19, and now was her adopted father.

She called him 'daddy' on occasion which still made him blush, but this was his best friend. Abby looked up to Joe and wrapped her arms around his neck as he sang to the crowd holding her close.

'You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you (I need to find you)
I gotta find you (yea-yeah)
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you (I gotta find you)'

She kissed his cheek and nuzzled into his neck as he sang to the audience swaying them back and fourth. "I love you Joey" she giggled softly looking back at Kevin and Nick.

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you (I need to find you)
I gotta find you (I gotta find you)
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you
Yeaeaahhh
I gotta find you...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so it's not AWESOME but haha it was a cute idea I think. Haha FYI: any ladies that are Joe fans PLEASE don't hate on me. I have a Kevin fan hating on me already. I am just a Jonas Brothers nerd and have really neat ideas. PLEASE comment!

God Bless all!