Such A Dreadful Secret

Truth

After the adrenaline rush was over I tried and tried to apologize over and over again. She didn't want to hear me. I felt terrible. I'm only human.I can only live up to so many promises. " Look, I know that we have been friends for so long and I couldn't take it anymore. Im sorry but I had to tell somebody. I was being eaten alive by my own fear knowing that I couldn't help you. You kept on refusing my help, my advise, so I had to do something."
" We were friends. I told you my whole life. I felt like I could trust you. I felt that you were gonna be there with me when I needed you. But, I guess now after what you did. . . I don't think that I can believe that you will ever tell the truth again. Im afraid that now I will have no friends. I really don't want to leave you , if I do.. that means I will have no friends. You were the only person I could talk to. Now i' m starting to rue everything that I told you. She said tearing.
" I know." I felt that i could be strong and hold me tears back but they came running down my hazel eyes . " You know that you can trust me. I'm sorry but how many times must I tell you, you need to get help and you never did? I just want to help you. I want to be here with you, I mean thats what friends are for. Tomorrow morning i' m taking you into counseling and you are gonna listen to them. You re gonna be tell me all about it. You must. I don't want to see my best friend's life being ruined."
" Fine." She sounded exhausted. " But where on earth am I gonna find that kind of money. I can't afford counseling."
" I will pay your way. In full."
" I guess if I left you, I would be leaving the best friend in the world."
And with that remark, I ran to her, hugging her until her face was purple.

- - -

The next day I found myself standing with Haley in front of her new counseling. I promised that I would go with her to every single meeting. I had a feeling she wasn't going to beileve that promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
While I was writing this chapter, I had writers block. . . soo..this is all ..