Sequel: Red Light Into Blue
Status: Working on the sequel Red Light Into Blue currently :)

Pressed Beneath This Spell

I Want You Here To Kill My Fears

Sandra: Hey everyone, I'm Sandra Palmera and welcome to another episode of Music Osmosis. Today I'm joined by one of my favorite bands, as well as yours if you're into good music, All Time Low!
Rian: Hey
Zack: Sup
Alex: Hey
Jack: HEYA!
Sandra: If you guys at home are avid watchers of this program, you know that we always start off with questions from the fans. You guys ready?

The guys all muffled their 'yea's'.

Sandra: Great! It'll be over before ya know it. Our first question is from Miranda from Newport, Virgina for Jack. What is it like on the tour bus?

Jack: Um, well, playstation, pranks, and partyin.

Sandra: So, pretty much a frat house on wheels?

Jack: Pretty much. Can't really 'grow up' in this lifestyle.

Sandra: haha I guess not. Next question is for Alex from Ashlea in Peoria, Illinois. Why do you go to coffee shops after every show?

Sandra squinted her eyes at Alex.

Sandra: You go to coffee shops after every show? Makin another soundtrack for them?

Alex: ha Uh, no...I don't know. Just a new routine I guess. Thing with the guys.

Alex finished the answer with a shrug. He hated that this was a constant question in interviews. He knew that when they had to answer questions from fans for the show, that this question was gonna be one of them. He grew to hate interviews. The thought reminded him that he was still at the interview and it was being taped. And they'd probably start asking why he looked like he was in another world.

Sandra: Thanks Rian. Okay final question I'll throw at Zack from Alyson in Denver, Colorado. What's your favorite cover to play?

Zack: Wow um, I don't know. In the past I'd say some Blink 182, but we're doin one right now that I oddly really like. It's a Spill Canvas song. Not normally somethin I'd like to cover but we vamped it All Time Low style.

Sandra: The Spill Canvas? Really?

Zack: Yea, we might play it soon...

Zack stopped talking and glanced at Alex. A very pissed off looking Alex.

Sandra: Interesting, very interesting guys. Look forward to hearing it. We gotta take a quick break, but stick around to get some juicy All Time Low facts thrown at ya.


"Why the hell did you have to bring that up?"

The guys had finished the interview and were headed back to their hotel in a shuttle van.

"It just slipped, I'm sorry. Didn't expect that question."

"Well damn."

Alex wanted to say that he hoped they wouldn't be playing it soon. The only reason that he had asked the guys to start learning it was because it would be his message to Corie if he'd missed her after the six months were up. It was a touchy subject for him. He didn't know if the guys knew based on the lyrics, but he knew they wouldn't ask him. He didn't even know if Corie would get the message. If he had missed her, or would be missing her, then she obviously didn't care. She did have his number. He hated her with a passion...but he didn't hate her. He hated the idea that he could have missed her. Fate? What a fucked up concept. But he hated thinking that because that would mean he'd be in a way thinking that she was fucked up. Which she wasn't.

"Alex!" He looked up to see Zack waving a hand in his face.

"Dude, you keep leaving. What the hell?"

"Sorry..."

"Why is that song such a big deal anyway?" Zack asked the question, but it was laced with rhetoricalness.

"It's not."

"No. We're not doin this anymore, Alex. You gotta fuckin talk about it. This is rigoddamndiculous, ya know that? We're coverin a song about how she's potentially gonna break your heart? You fight crowds to get to coffee shops? Jack pretty much lied when he said it was playstation, pranks, and partying. Cuz that's definitely not the feeling on the bus anymore. All this over a girl?" Zack ended his tirade with a sigh. He didn't want to do this to Alex but he had to.

"We want ya back, man." Jack looked sheepishly over at Alex. Alex then looked at each member of his band. Including Matt.

"Fuck."

"Yea."

"I really am sorry guys...for real but I just..."

"You just really can't get her off your mind."

"Yea..."

The van pulled up to the back entrance of the hotel to let the guys out.

"Alex, let's go get a drink." Rian stayed back as the rest of the guys entered the hotel. He figured they had planned something like this.

"K..."

The lounge in the hotel was thankfully near the back entrance that was used for employees and shipment retrievals. Being famous definitely showed in the waiting fans near the entrance to the hotel. And the lounge was for 21+ and guests of the hotel only. That filtered out most of the awaiting fans. They needed to talk. Alex needed to talk.

"Two Coronas please. One with lime, one with lemon." Rian ordered the drinks.

"Thanks, man."

"Talk."

"What do you wanna hear? I've said everything already."

"Not everything. You seriously aren't the same Alex. And fans see it. Matt even said somethin about blogs about your coffee shop trips."

"What?"

"Yea, dude. Blogs."

"Whatever."

"Not good enough."

Alex took a big gulp of his beer and set it back down, picking at the bottle.

"I have less than a month. What if I've missed her?"

"I don't think you have. If that helps...but seriously. I know we've asked you repeatedly what's the deal with this girl but I don't think you've ever answered, like, truthfully or something."

"Cuz I don't fuckin know. She's...she's uh...she's Corie. She's just...I don't know. Maybe it's cuz it's a challenge or somethin..."

"I get it. At least I think I do. We've been lookin for her too, ya know. Just more like sending roadies out lookin."

"No way."

"Way. I mean, all we really have to go on is the orange shoes...but I seriously think she'd wear them. Boone found a chick with orange Adidas last week but the chick said her name wasn't Corie. Matt checked it out too. Wasn't her."

"What if she really doesn't want anything to do with me though."

"If anything, she's a fan. So I think she'd give ya a chance to at least find her. She's gotta be knowin about the coffee shop excursions. Seriously, man. We'll find her."

"We're not even playin anywhere near home though."

"Maybe she's goin on vacation or something. Hell if I know, but it doesn't matter dude. You're gonna either kill yourself or we're gonna kill ya if you don't lighten the fuck up."

"Ha. Yea. Whatevs."

Alex chugged the rest of his beer and ordered another one.

"There's a time to die..." Alex said raising his bottle to Rian's.

"And a time to drink." Rian raised his to Alex's with a resounding clink.

"Nows the time to drink." Alex said after he'd taken a big gulp. Rian pulled out his cellphone.

"Get your asses down here. We're drinkin." Rian told whomever was at the other end of the line. What eventually brought the guys down to the lounge, however, was the upbeat sound in Rian's voice.

Alex knew that he was only bringing out a facade, but he had to for the guys. Inside he was still nervous, scared, pissed, and anxious about seeing Corie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title from The Spill Canvas' Catch The Wind

Shorter, for which I apologize, but next one shall be IT. Will fate be proven? Dun dun dun...

Any guess as to which TSP song they were talking about?

And I must place a recommendation here: Fan of Twilight? Read the Mortal Instruments series. I think I might like it better than Twilight. Blasphemy? Nope. It's amazing that anything could surpass my love of Twilight saga. I would feel selfish if I didn't share this series.
--+--