Sequel: Red Light Into Blue
Status: Working on the sequel Red Light Into Blue currently :)

Pressed Beneath This Spell

We Did This To Myself

"So, if this chick was worth all this trouble then why aren't you goin after her?"

Alex and Jack were making their way back to the venue. Alex walked with his hood up and his hands in his pockets. He was watching the pavement ahead of him, though his eyes weren't seeing the pavement. They were replaying his time with Corie. His mind was the seven dwarfs. Happy that he met her. Sleepy from a long exhausting night. Bashful at what Corie thought of him and that he was letting Jack see this. Dopey because of how this girl made him feel. And grumpy that it didn't end the way he wanted it to.

"Yo, Alex?" He finally registered that Jack had spoken.

"What?"

"I just asked you why you didn't go after her...I mean if ya went to all this trouble n'all."

"I don't know..."

"This is so not like you, man."

"No shit."

"What's so damn special about her anyway?"

"I don't know."

"Cuz she actually turned ya down?"

"That honestly may be it...but...I just don't know..."

"She was pretty n all but still...why not just let her go? There's so many chicks out there. She said no, so get over it. You don't even have a way to contact her."

"Could check our MySpace people..."

"Chances are slim dude."

"Yea..."

When they arrived in back of the venue, Matt was already ushering them into the bus.

"Where the hell were you two?"

"Alex here-"

"Wanted a drink. Just went to some bar." Alex cut Jack off and gave him a look.

"Well coulda told me. Get on the damn bus now."

Alex went straight past the guys all talking in the front and made his way to the back. Jack followed him.

"You're seriously buggin on this girl."

"Jack, just drop it."

"No chance. This is most definitely a side I have never fuckin seen in ya."

"Maybe it's just that I'm tired or somethin."

"You rushed through the meet'n greets with fans. Half-ass signing your name. To get to some bar to talk to a girl and you didn't even know her name. Now you can't get your damn mind off her. Not something that comes out of bein tired. Plus, you ran your ass over to that bar right after the show!"

"Jack. I don't know but I'll get over it." He walked past Jack and climbed into his bunk. Rian noticed how Jack was looking at him.

"What will he get over?"

"Nothin, Ri." Jack just shrugged it off to Rian after he heard Alex's muffled response from behind the divider.

Alex lay in his bunk thinking about the night. He really didn't have an answer for why she was stealing all of his thoughts. He was mad at her. He wasn't mad at her. He hated remembering her plain and mesmerizing brown eyes and her plain and gorgeous brown hair. He hated remembering how her plain gray shirt grasped her body. He hated that she wore orange shoes. He hated that she wore her vibrance on her feet. He hated that he didn't hate any of those things. He knew he didn't want to tell the guys about what her plan was. They'd torment him. He could only force himself to not think of her. He could only force himself to not blurt anything out to the guys.

Alex was gonna fail miserably.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title from The Apathy Eulogy Where Are You Now?

All these chapters are shorter but don't fret. Longer ones are coming. And more action.

--+--