Sequel: Red Light Into Blue
Status: Working on the sequel Red Light Into Blue currently :)

Pressed Beneath This Spell

And I Can't Sleep Because I Dream About Her

"Since when did Alex pop a boner for coffee?"

All of the guys, with the exception of Alex and Rian, were sitting on the bus waiting for Alex to get his new after-show coffee. Zack looked over at Jack who actually looked like he was pondering something.

'And since when did you start thinking, Jack?"

The bus broke out in chuckles.

"Shut up. I think."

More chuckles were heard.

"I do!"

"Uh huh..."

The bus door finally opened to reveal a coffee-clad Alex looking rather depressed but still looking towards the front of the building, and a confused Rian. Alex didn't notice that all eyes were on him as he sat against the window sipping on his iced-cappuccino.

The bus started to slowly pull away from the curb before Alex finally decided to un-glue his eyes from the window. He was now looking at eight separate eyes all glued to him.

"What?" He looked down to see if he had anything on his shirt.

"Dude. What's with getting a cappuccino right after every show and looking for the right coffee shop?"

"Nothin. Just a new thing...ritual I guess..."

Alex looked back out toward the passing traffic. He didn't want to explain his silly fascination with her. Corie.

"OH!"

All eyes were now on Jack, who appeared to have a light bulb over his head.

"This have anything to do with that Carrie chick?"

Alex's head whipped towards Jack. He did not have an expression of happiness. Rather, the opposite.

"What?"

"You asked that cutie with that Carrie girl what her favorite coffee shop was."

"It's Corie."

"Huh?"

"Corie. Not Carrie. And how the hell would you remember that?"

Jack shrugged. Everyone was surprised by this new discovery that Jack could not only remember that far back, but also a detail.

"Cuz I didn't get it and kept forgetting to ask you."

"If this has nothing to do with Corie, then what's her friend's name?"

"What?" Alex looked toward Rian. Sometimes Rian was too smart for his own damn good. Alex wished he was more like the other guys. Like Zack who really only cared about his own problems. Like Jack who really was so absentminded that he was carefree.

"You heard me."

"I did. But what does that have anything to do with it?"

"Answer the question." Alex sighed. He feared he was losing this discussion. He prayed for a tire to pop.

"I don't remember."

"Thought so."

"What does that prove?"

"That this little coffee shop addiction really does have something to do with Corie."

They were still mocking how he corrected Jack. They had him.

"Why would it?"

"Why did you ask her friend what her favorite coffee shop was?"

Alex glared at Jack, in which Jack replied with just an 'I'm sorry' shrug. Alex gave up after seeing Jack's innocent expression.

"Fine! Fine."

"Well?"

"I'm fuckin gettin there!" Alex shifted positions on the bench.

"I told her that I wanted to get to know her and she didn't trust me so she came up with this plan or whatever."

Alex rushed through it. He awaited the ridicule that he expected. But there was silence. Their eyes were still on him. Their expressions hadn't changed until Zack spoke up. Even Zack was interested in this.

"So what was the plan?"

"She said she'd be at one of our shows in the next six, well now five, months and then afterwards she'd be at her and her friend's favorite coffee shop in the world. So, it'd be fate or something if I actually found her...I don't know."

Alex looked down and studied the cup in his hand.

"Wow."

"Huh..."

"You actually like this girl?"

Alex looked back up towards Matt who had asked the question. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Yea. Yea I fuckin like this girl. I don't know her well...but there's somethin there. I can't stop thinkin about her!"

"Is this because she turned you down?"

"Jack asked me that too and yea...it could be but...I don't know. I liked her before I even talked to her...before she could even fuckin turn me down so I guess ya could say it was love at first sight. So laugh it up guys."

Alex heard silence yet again. He looked at each face and each face showed a mixture of confusion, shock, and utter contemplation.

"Who'da thunk it. Alex Gaskarth proves love at first sight."

Rian smiled at Alex, which only fueled Alex's attempt to find her. Corie.

"She's not just another wet dream? You don't just wanna fuck her and get it out of your system?"

"Zack, you got some fuckin ner-"

"NO! I'm just askin, man. I mean, I didn't look at her so I don't what she even looks like."

Jack decided to speak up.

"She's pretty. Not supermodel or anything, but pretty."

"You really do like her then, huh?"

Alex looked at Zack and realized that he really wasn't trying to be a douche bag about it.

"Yea. I do. I just hate to think that she isn't thinkin about me at all."

"You're Alex Gaskarth and she must be a fan. I mean it's like a fricken fan-fic for her."

"Yea, ha ha. But she's different. She's a fan, yea, but she's not into all the bullshit. She just is a fan of the music."

"So that means that she'll like you for who you are. Not for being ALEX GASKARTH, O.M.G.!"

Alex laughed at Zack's teenage girl impression.

"Probably just cuz she's older."

"Well I think you got through to this Corie."

"Dude, why do you guys keep sayin her name like that?"

"Cuz it's Corie. Not Carrie."

Alex felt slightly more at ease as the bus chuckled.

"Alright, laugh it up guys, but I'm tellin ya. For once in my life I like a girl for more than just a one-nighter and she doesn't like me. That fuckin figures."

"Hey, she waited for us for like two hours. Her friend even left her sit there by herself."

"She was just relaxing."

"She was obviously waiting."

"Seriously, man. When did you get a brain?"

"Wizard of Oz was at our show tonight."

They were all laughing as Matt came over and sat next to Alex.

"So, five months to find her. She could even be at the next show. We'll all help ya look. What's she look like?"

"Really? You'll help me? Isn't that messing with fate or whatever?"

Guys don't usually like to talk or believe in such a thing as fate.

"Nah, it's only helping. She'll never know anyway. So, what's she looook like?"

"Brown hair...brown eyes...cute little nose..."

They all sighed.

"OH She had on bright orange Adidas shoes!"

"Hopefully she'll decide to wear em again. Jack, what's her friend look like?"

Jack had been playing with something in his hands when he looked up, his hair flopping with it.

"Huh?"

"What's the cute friend look like?"

"Um. Short dark brown hair with red and blonde highlights. Those thick rimmed glasses...red...um...skinny...and when she laughed it sounded like she was hiccuping."

Everyone just stared in awe at Jack. He looked around wondering why they were staring at him like that.

"What?"

"I guess I believe in the Wizard of Oz now."

There was laughter as Matt stood up.

"What the hell happened to our bus? What the hell happened to you guys? I mean...Ri...you switched to turkey and cheese instead of your normal ham n cheese...Zack...you actually stayed interested in a conversation about Alex...Jack actually thinks...and dude Alex...you're all monotonous."

Matt was having trouble deciphering what was going on. They all looked at him and laughed.

"They didn't have ham. So shut it. And Alex, we really will help you."

Alex sighed.

"Guys, it's really not gonna do anything. I mean she probably doesn't even remember me. She probably just told me all that to get me to stop houndin her. She probably doesn't even think I'm lookin for her anyways."

"I think you're trying to convince yourself of that."

Alex dramatically flew his head back and screamed before getting up and storming to the back of the bus. Matt looked over at the guys.

"Alright...we have five months to find that girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title from Hotspur's Have You Seen This Girl

These are definitely lyrics to go check out. I randomly found them and they were the first lyrics I searched. They fit the song way too well. As if this Alex was real and wrote them about this lol. Kinda weird.

Random shout out thank you to all readers!

--+--