Here Lies The Waste

Chapter Six.

The rest of the day seemed to fly on by. I didn’t know whether it was because of this meeting between someone that I cared for and someone I hated or if my mind was playing tricks on me every time I looked up at the clock.
I tried so hard to not think about Rachel and Jake
But I couldn’t help it.
Anything could happen tonight. He wasn’t someone you could trust.

It was last period now, somehow this lesson was going slow. Even though we were watching a video about rabbits having a fuck. Yes this was Biology.
I sat there. Thinking of what I could do to make sure that she wouldn’t get hurt.
It was going to take a while..
Maybe I could ring her up and tell her that I need her…
Say that someone in my family died?
Nah..
That was horrible.
What if they did die then I’d feel like fucking shit.
And plus she’d find out that I lied.

Hmm I know.
I’ll follow her - When the bell rings I’d get my stuff and follow them in my car as discreetly as possible and keep an eye out. And if anything bad happens I’ll punch his teeth out?
Yeah, I’ll do just that.
It’s the best alternative I think.

For the rest of the lesson, I continued scribbling in my notepad - I’d almost finished my song.
It seemed to be working to my advantage.
As the bell went I quickly shoved everything into my bag and ran out of the room. Forgetting Mr Greens lecture about homework deadlines.
They stared at me as I rushed past them - hitting some people’s shoulders as I ran.
I got to the car lot and unlocked my car after having a battle with my jeans pockets to get the fucking keys out.
I threw my bag in the passenger seat and sat in my car with the engine running nervously.

The sweet humming of the engine flooding both ears - the only calming sound right at this moment.
I was starting to get impatient.
Staring at all the passing people whilst tapping on the steering wheel looking for Rachel.
It didn’t take long after that.
Her arm was linked with his as they were heading for his stupid jeep for a car. His friends stood on the steps laughing and cheering him on every time he looked back at them.
She had no idea.
My blood continued to boil at the sight.

They got into his jeep and pulled out.
Without thinking I pushed down on the accelerator and headed out onto the main road and began to follow them to wherever they were heading.
Hopefully I wasn’t gonna have a crash again.
As long as they didn’t see me though, then things should be okay.

I continued to follow their car for about 15 minutes or so. I’d smoked about 3 cigarettes in that time - I didn’t know what to expect.
My heart was pounding in my chest. Wanting to be free - to break my ribs and my skin and be released into the air and live free.
You’d think I was on caffeine pills with my sudden body spasms and stupid metaphors.
Finally their car pulled up near an abandoned warehouse that was facing an alleyway. I parked my car near his. And stopped the engine.

This wasn’t a place you would take someone on a date.
They both got out of the car and then he lead her into the alleyway. Checking if anyone was around before looking back at her.
That was that for me.
I got out of the car - not bothering to shut the door. My feet hitting the gravel as I walked.
Already I could hear screams coming from the alleyway.
I picked up a plank of wood that lay near the entrance of the alleyway.

“Stop fucking struggling you stupid bitch!”

“Get off of me!”

I walked in the entrance.
He had her pinned up the wall.
Her pants half way down.
He was trying to rape her.
Her eyes were streaming with tears yet there was a twinkle in them as she noticed me standing there.

“Step the fuck away from her Jake.”
My tone was threatening.
I was scaring myself to just hear the words I spoke.
I raised the plank slightly to show him that I was armed and I was serious about this.
He laughed.

“Put that down little boy. I’ll show you what a real weapon is.”
He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a pen knife.
She shrieked - pulling her pants up.
I looked at it as if it was nothing but a mere tool to cut up apples.
Jake pushed her onto the floor
To make her move out of the way. So that he could have space to try and `teach me a lesson`

I began to snarl.
If looks could kill he would of died minutes seconds ago.
He tried to push me away by thrusting the knife at me.
I continued to dodge it.

But then there was a moment - A moment where I had a chance.
I ran behind him and just as he was about to turn to me I hit him hard with the plank.

This is when things went into slow motion.
Rachel screamed as Jake stood their making no noise or anything.
As if his attention was caught by something.
As I removed the plank he fell to the floor.
My heart was pounding. And I was short of breath.
The sudden anger had left my face - I felt sick.
I looked at the plank, trying not to believe my worst fears.

To notice a nail sticking out of it.
Covered in blood.
His blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment when you read. Comment buttons in the top right hand corner.
If theres no comments I wont update this anymore.