Build Them Skywards

Part One

’cause I’m Mr Brightside..” my phone buzzed.
I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at the screen.
1 new message Betsy<3
Was a message from Will, one of my best guy mates, and the guy I feared I was in love with. He was staying over the night. He was renamed Betsy thanks to the wonder that is scrubs. I opened the message as I bounced up the stairs.
Hey, am walking down Histon Lane, come and meet me? hearts xx
I typed my reply saying i was on my way, touched up my make up and headed out the door. I plugged in my mp3 and screamed along to Atreyu.
As I got to the bottom of the hill, I looked up at Will. The song changed to ‘The Scientist’ by Coldplay. His blue eyes pierced right through me, making my heart skip. As I got closer, I sang the lyrics, you don’t know how lovely you are. A smile danced on his soft lips.
“Wow, Mandy, your hair is so dark! I love it!” he said as he pulled me in close for a hug.
I breathed in his soft, smoky scent as I whispered thanks.
“Can we go back to yours so I can get changed?” he asked. He was in his suit for school, a red tie and a black shirt. He looked beautiful. He’d had to go in as all the Year 11’s had some classes to boost their grades.
“Sure, as long as you listen to the new CD I burned today.”
“Sounds good” he smiled as we walked back up the steep hill.

We walked in and went straight upstairs. I started playing Hollywood Undead as he changed. He slowly undid his tie and chucked it at me, laughing. Then he peeled off his dark trousers and changed into his light blue jeans. I couldn’t help but glance at his perfectly toned chest as he unbuttoned his black shirt.

“Mandy?” he questioned.
“Huh?” I replied, lost in my own thoughts.
“Stop staring!” he giggled as he pushed me down on the bed.
“It’s your fault, you shouldn’t be so gorgeous!”

As he giggled at my stupidity, I thought back to the party we’d been at a few weeks ago.

flashback

“Fucking put me down!” I screamed at Adam and Mel and they tried to get me down from the dody stairs. I was lying at the top and there was no banister I was stoned, drunk and depressed. “You’re full of shit, fuck off!”
Suddenly, Will appeared on the landing.
“Where is she?” he asked Adam. He pointed over to me
“What the hell are you doing up there?!” he questioned.
“Fuck off!” I screeched back at him.
He calmly walked over to where I was, picked me up and headed back to the bedroom
“Get off me Will! You don’t care, you’re a bullshitter, let me go!”
“Mandy, you’re staying here.” he gently pinned me down on the bed and wrapped his strong arms around my waist. He then kissed the top of my head and drew soft patterns on my back with his fingers. I fell asleep in his arms and woke up next to his beautiful face.

end flashback

“Come on then, where are you taking me?” Will asked as he slipped his feet into his tattered shoes.
“back down Histon Lane”

We finished getting ready and messed around walking down to the fields. We eventually made our way to the place I wanted to be, sitting on a small bridge, watching the water trickle by under our feet. I sat close to Will, feeling the heat radiate off his body. I thought back to the party.

flashback


It was too hot. I could feel his presence beside me, whispering those words into my ear, his hot breath making my body shiver in fear. I was stoned and depressed, not a good mix.

“Mandy! Mandy pandy sandy!” Will sang as he tripped over me and the pile of bags I was sitting with.
“Will.” I replied curtly
“Why are you sitting out here?”
“Because my stomach is churning, my head is spinning, I can hear stuff, and I stink of weed.”
“Awh, baby, let me make it all better…”
He pulled me towards him and gently kissed my lips, He pulled away, looking me in the eyes, kissed me again, harder, more passionate. Then, he buggered off upstairs.
He did that about three times

end flashback

I stood up and walked off the bridge, onto the grass. Will followed and put his arms around me. I turned to face him and he looked deep into my eyes. My stomach flipped. He moved in closer so I stepped out of his embrace, picked up my bag and walked back into the green fields. I wasn’t gonna let him play me again.
He soon followed my and decided he was going to climb a tree.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I said, One Shot, very long (:

hope its not too awful. parts two and three on the way.

Song: