Want.

Need

“Please?” Frank whined, pouting up at his boyfriend from his position curled up at his side.

“Frank, no. We don’t need a dog,” Gerard answered, no hesitation. He didn’t even tear his eyes away from the television screen to do so. Gerard was used to this conversation arising recently.

“I didn’t ask for a dog. I asked for a puppy,”

Gerard frowned at the correction. “Well, that’s beside the point. We don’t need one,”

“But I want one!” he whined, moving away from Gerard and crossing his arms over his chest glaring at the television as he did so. His arguments were becoming weaker; Gerard just wasn’t taking to the idea of having a dog.

“Exactly, you don’t need one, you just want one, and we can’t have everything,”

Gerard tried to ignore his boyfriend’s childish behaviour after that, but when it got to later that night, and they were lying together in their new bed in the new bedroom of their brand new – never before lived in – home and Frank was on the other side of the bed facing outwards, his back to Gerard, refusing to make any contact at all, he couldn’t ignore it anymore.

Shuffling around under the duvet, he turned on his side and wrapped his arm firmly around Frank’s waist, bringing him closer so that his back was flush against his chest.

“Frankie?” He questioned. He didn’t need to; he already knew he was awake. They’d been together long enough for it to be common knowledge now. He placed a kiss just behind his ear. “You not talking to me?”

There was a tiny movement as Frank shrugged his shoulders, but the room remained otherwise silent.

“C’mon baby,” he whispered, almost seductively, as he began sucking and biting at the back of Frank’s neck, as well as under his ear lobe. “Don’t ignore me.”

Frank grinned and rolled over so that he was facing his partner, “give me a good reason why I shouldn’t.”

“I’ll make it worth your while,”

“Is that right?”

Gerard didn’t answer; he just leaned in, covering Frank’s lips passionately with his own. After a while, he licked at Franks bottom lip in an attempt to let their tongues mingle, but it was at that point that Frank pulled away.

“Don’t tease me Frankie,” Gerard whined. “I need you now.”

Frank grinned, pecking Gerard’s lips one last time before rolling over. “You don’t need me Gerard. You just want me...and we can’t have everything” He giggled, using Gerards own words against him.

Sensing that this kind of deprivation could last a lot longer than Gerard would have preferred, he had Frank awake as early as possible that next morning, taking him to the pet store and letting him choose which ever puppy his little heart desired.

“Thank you Gee-baby,” Frank grinned almost smugly peppering kisses all along Gerard’s throat once they were home and Frank’s new puppy was settled.

“Yeah, yeah,” Gerard rolled his eyes, but then grinned. “Upstairs. Now.”