Status: This is going to be on hiatus for awhile, sorry readers! 7-29-11

Believe Me When I Say...

Chapter 5

Up and ready, supplies and books in my bag, I head to the common room where Draco and Snape are. Draco turns his head when he hears my steel toed boots clunk against the stone stairs.He smiles.

"Did the school change their attire?" Snape asks with his eyebrow raised at me.

I look down at my outfit. Knee high combat boots, knee igh, pinstripe short with my chains hanging off and a Wicked Wisdom, form fitting t-shirt along with my Slytherin cloak over top.

"I'd rather die than wear a sweater vest sir."

Draco scoffs in the background.

"Eventually you will have to get used to it Miss Covington or expect detention after detention."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever Professor. So where's my schedule?"

Snape pulls a piece of parchment out of his sleeve in my head I laugh at how much he looked like a cheesy magician.

"Draco here will show you where your classes are. I specifically made sure you have every class together."

In unison we yell, "What?!"

Which makes him smirk, "Just what I like to hear. Deal with it."

He walks off as I look over the list.

Charms
Transfiguration
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Potions
Lunch
Free

My lips twitch upward, "This is so cool."

He rips the paper from my hands, "You act like you went to school with Muggles."

I take it back, putting it in my cloaks pocket, "I did smart ass. In the states."

We start walking to our first class, "Figured, since you have accent."

I start laughing, "Yeah, I'm the one with the accent."

He nudges me with his elbow, grinning, "You are."

I smile as we enter the Charms room, "Come on."

As he grabs my hand, his skin shocks me. I don't think he noticed though asa he leads me to two empty seats in the back. I see a large stack of books that end at a podium with a small man standing there.

The man smiles, speaking with a squeaky voice, "Ah why hello there. Aurora Covington I presume?"

I nod, "Very good, very good. Welcome to Charms! I'm Professor Flitwick."

I simply nod again as Draco points out other kids on the other side of the class, "Those are the Gryffindors. Watch out for St. Potter and his two holden ones. These kids are our natural born enemies. Associate with them, your not a true Slytherin."

I look back to the boy with thin rimmed glasses and a lightening boly scar, a red haired boy and a girl with poofy hair. I put a note in the back of my mind to find out more of these three and see what's so bad about them. The class went by quick, not for Draco though. We had to draw out a animal and basically make it come to life. I got mine on the first try, waving my wand, flicking my wrist correctly as the paper sized, leopard came right off the paper.

I smile, letting the little thing purr and rub against my arm. Dracos, on the other hand, drew a scorpion looking thing and half of it only came off, the stinger. His two friends as I now know as Crabbe and Goyle, tried messing with it only to get stung.

"Madam Pomfreys please, Mr. Goyle?"

Goyle out of the room with Crabbe following behind him laughing. I watch Dracos movements as he tries to get the rest of the thing out.

'Too fast. Pronounced it wrong. Flicked wrist strange way.'

I then put my hand on his as he gives me a quizzical look. Mumbling the spell, the rest of the creature comes off, hissing at Draco. My little friend is perched on my shoulder, resting.

"C-Can you put it back now?"

I laugh as the scorpion snaps its claws, its stinger raised. A low, guttural growl starts to rise from the leopards throat. Picking it up and holding it in my arm so it didn't pounce and die, I tell Draco the words to make it go away. Surprisingly he got it. Class ends and he grabs my hand to drag me to Transfiguration.

"You know, I can walk on my own without you holding my hand Malfoy."

He looks back to grin, making us move faster. Transfiguration is kind of my new study hall. I fell asleep within the first five minutes of Professor McGonagall talking. Defense Against the Dark Arts was something that started to catch my interest. Professor Lupin started the class off with boggarts, letting the students mess around with it. My turn came up and this kid named Neville Longbottom was afraid of Professor Snape, dressing him in women's clothing. I walk up, nervous and my hands shaking, to the fake Snape glaring at me before it transforms into a very tall, cloaked figure. Everyone stopped laughing at this point as I stare up at my greatest fear, never knowing he has a actual form. He drags the end of a very elaborate scythe against the stone floor. He stops in front of me, stretching his arms out before me. The cloak moves up, showing that his arms and hands are just his bones. In one hand, he holds a golden string, wrapped around his thumb and pointer finger.

"Aurora..." Professor Lupin says to me cautiously.

I ignore him, watching what Death is about to do. His cloaked head has been down, looking at the string. He moves it up to look at me, his other hand lifting the scythe above his head. Twisting his fingers around, the strings comes off his fingers, floating there. The scythe is about to come down but Professor Lupin jumps in front of me.

"Here!"

The boggart stops, swirling into the full moon appearing through grey clouds at night.

"Riddikulus!"

The moon turns into a yellow balloon inflating, making the others laugh as it flies around the room till Professor Lupin makes it go back into the cabinet.

"Okay, that's all we have time for today."

The class groans as I make my way to the back of the crowd, sitting on a bench.

"What was that about?"

I look up, knowing it's Draco. My fingers find a strand of my hair as I start to twist it, "What the hell do you think it was?"

"Would you care to talk about it?"

My top lip curls into a sneer, "Why would I want to tell you something so private Malfoy?"

He's taken back by my response, "I just-I-"

He pauses before his face becomes angry, "Find your own way to Potions then."

Class gets dismissed as Draco hurries out the door, leaving me behind, "Dammit!"

"Language please Miss Covington?"

I turn to see Professor Lupin smiling at me with his hands behind his back.

I start biting the side of my cheek, "Sorry Professor. It is just that that stupid git Malfoy left me here and I have no clue where my Potions class is!"

He laughs, "Yes, I know all about Draco and his tempers. Come, follow me dear, I'll show you."

"Thank you sir."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Here's the scythe, isn't it puuurtty?
Image