Status: This is going to be on hiatus for awhile, sorry readers! 7-29-11

Believe Me When I Say...

Chapter 6

Professor Lupin leads me towards the dungeons, down the cold hallway to a big wooden door with a steel handle. He opens it and every kid in that class snaps their heads to us, even the Professor which I notice to be Snape.

"Nice of you to finally join us Miss Covington." he says bored.

"She was with me Professor Snape."

"A certain blonde haired git left me with out directions."

I shoot daggers at Draco who rolls his eyes, looking back to the front of the class.

"Language please. Both you and Mr. Malfoy will be enjoying your first day back in detention."

I scoff, taking a seat next to the one girl with kinda frizzy hair from Gryffindor. Professor Lupin leaves and class resumes with Snape talking about some truth option we'll be making. As he babbles on, I see Draco turn to find me, only to glare and point at the empty seat next to him.

I smirk, looking at my right and stretching my hand out, "Aurora Covington."

She seems shocked, maybe because I'm Slytherin, "H-Hermonie Granger and I know. Your all everyone talks about now."

I hold back a laugh, sneaking a glance at the blonde fireball, his face red with fury as he turns back to listen to Snape. I'm about to ask her about showing me around when a book gets slammed on our table, making everyone but me and a few others, not jump. I slowly look up with a genuine smirk still on my lips as I lean back comfortably in the chair.

"Yes Professor?"

"It certainly would help if you paid attention rather than making friends."

"If I may say sir, hell, I'll say it anyways, I've already made the Veritaserum potion before. Quite easy."

He raises any eyebrow, walking away as he says, "Prove it."

The class silently giggles and mumbled conversation rises.

"Silence!"

They stop.

My tongue fiddles with my lip rings, "And what happens if I uh, get this right?"

He glares, "Then you may get yourself along as Mr. Malfoy out of detention."

I stand up, making my way to a empty cauldron, looking in, "If I don't?"

Now he grins, sitting back in his seat while leaning forward as his hands clasp together, "Three weeks of detention."

I laugh, "Got yourself a deal baby!"

I move around the cupboards, gathering all my supplies and a few Jobberknoll feathers.

Draco mumbles, "I swear she better know what she's doing."

Halfway through the class, I'm mixing them all together. It then turns from a nice dark purple to clear in a matter of seconds.

"Done."

Picking up a empty vial and pouring it in, I walk to Snapes desk, "There."

He examines it then looks up at me, "Try it."

"See, that's not happening."

"Because you know you did it wrong?"

I glare, "I did it more than perfect thanks. It's a truth serum. You honestly think I'll want to try that? No way!"

"Pick someone then since you have such a problem."

We continue to glare at each other. I don't look away as I say, "Draco."

"Bollocks."

Rustling shoes shuffling and he's next to me. Snape hands him the vial and my eyes look over at him, "No funny business Covington."

He drinks it in one gulp then looks at me annoyed, "So? You going to-"

I cut him off, "Why did you leave me earlier?"

He quickly answers, "Because I wass concerned for you and want to know why your hurting."

His mouth then hangs open with most of the class.

I whisper to him, "It's none of yours or anyones business what that was in DA. Why do you even care?"

He answers just as quickly as before, "I've never felt this way towards another girl."

He then groans, running his hands through his hair as the class mummers and then the class is over. Everyone rushes out to gossip about the famous Draco Malfoy and how he spilled the truth.

"Very good Miss Covington. Twenty points to Slytherin and no detentions."

I grab my bag, "Told you I knew it."

He smirks with me as I walk out, Draco has to stay behind for the remedy. I have lunch next so I know my way to the Great Hall. On the way, girls send me jealous stares, guys check me out and then Hermione and the two Draco warned me of, run up to me.

"Aurora! That was amazing back in Potions!"

The red head speaks excitedly, "You don't even understand how embarrassed he's got to be now!"

We continue walking as I glance at them, "Whys that and who are these two?"

"Oh sorry. Ron Weasley and Harry Potter, this is Aurora, the transfer."

"Because he's the most popular guy and te biggest player in this school." Ron basically yells, which makes me laugh while he blushes.

"And that's a bad thing? Shows him there's always better out there."

They smile at me. Before we walk into lunch, Hermione stops me, "Aurora, I know this is strange. I'm sure Dracos told you to stay away from us but would you like to eat lunch outside?"

I cock my head, "We can do that?"

"Well-"

Harry now cuts her off, "We visit Hagrid. He's teacher for Care for Magical Creatures."

"Oh, well, fresh air's always good."

They grin again, "Come on!"

She grabs my arm as we run through the hallways and outside to a hut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image