Clash

Mixing it up

In his slumber, Bill kept dreaming of Jimmy's face; what it would look like when he would wake up and see, well, more like feel, what was only to be part of Bill's wrath for making fun of his tattoo.

Steve, who normally never woke up before Jimmy, woke up early for once in his life and saw a sight that was well expected after what he and Bill did to Jimmy. So, Steve quietly got out of bed, not making a single peep, and, like the fool he sometimes was, ran into Bill and Tom's bedroom door.

The thump of a body hitting the floor woke both Tom and Bill; Tom grumbled under his breath, fell back asleep and muttered something about elephants hitting each other. Bill, on the other hand, couldn't fall back asleep. He got out of bed to see if anything was, indeed, in front of the bedroom door. He tiptoed over, cracked the door open, and, to his relief, saw Steve sprawled out on the floor, rubbing his head

"Did you seriously run into the door?" Bill asked as he bit his lip.

"Yes I did, and I've done it before. Each time I run into one it hurts less than before," Steve said, proud of his accomplishment.

Bill muttered under his breath and held out a hand to help Steve up. Steve gladly took his hand and got up.

"Did you, by any chance, bring a camcorder?" Steve asked mischievously.

"I think so," Bill said walking back into his room and looking through the suitcases.

Steve tapped his foot impatiently against the carpet.

Bill came out triumphant, holding his camcorder.

"Victory thy name is Bill!" Steve cackled.

"Dude, you're too eager in the morning," Bill muttered, following Steve towards his and Jimmy's room.

"Wait until we start recording. Oh boy you are going to be in for a wakeup call Billy boy," Steve smirked.

"Don't call me Billy boy Stevie," Bill said as they both tiptoed into the bedroom.

Bill turned the camera on and zoomed in on Jimmy's face. They waited patiently. Well, Bill waited patiently. Steve paced back and forth for a few minutes and instead of waiting to see Jimmy's reaction, he walked into the kitchen and saw that Gustav was cooking up a storm.

"Need or want help Gustafa?" Steve asked.

"Don't call me Gustafa or I will chuck my sticks at your head. From what I've been told I have a wicked throw. You can help by telling me if the others are vegetarians or if they have any preference for foods," Gustav said pointing the spatula at him.

"Ok dude, I'll stop for now. And as far as I know we eat like pigs. We eat anything and everything except Bandit she eats, well more like drinks, formula," Steve said.

Gustav rolled his eyes. "The next few months are going to be interesting with you and the rest of your band," he muttered as he cooked and cleaned.

"It's not going to be interesting. It's going to be bizarre. We have two different styles. You guys are calmer and more fluid, while we are more out of our minds and singing about everything that comes to mind. That, and we do crazy antics where we have been ticketed. More like Jimmy has, actually. You guys don't have a bad bone in you except for the whole ordeal that Tom went through. And even then that wasn't really that bad."

"That was hard times for us, but thankfully, we got through it and we are a stronger band now. We have better security, that's a plus, and we also don't post anything personal on the internet anymore."

"Same here. We also learned that lesson when Lindsey married Gerard. That was some of the worst publicity that she got but she was happy when they got married and she is even happier now that she has Bandit."

"Aww thanks Steve and Bandit loves you too," Lindsey said walking in, holding Bandit, who was gurgling and smiling.

Steve smiled and held his arms, out wanting to hold Bandit.

Lindsey rolled her eyes and handed over her cooing daughter to a gleeful Steve. The kid had her own groupies and she wasn't even four months yet.

Bill, who was diligently waiting for Jimmy to wake up, flopped onto Steve's bed and kept the camera trained on Jimmy. He slowly started waking up. Bill bit his lip in excitement as zoomed in on Jimmy's face a little more.

Jimmy started stretching, then paused when he felt that his pants were wet. His eyes slowly opened and he started wondering why Bill was taping him. That is, until he noticed the bowl of now cold water on the table next to his bed. He looked at Bill "You insolent German ass-wipe, you better start running!" Jimmy said, jumping out of his bed.

Bill hiked his ass out of Steve's bed and started running down the stairs and taping Jimmy as best as he could at the same. "Try and catch me!" Bill taunted, running all over the house with Jimmy in close persuit.

"Why does it sound like rhinos are chasing each other?" Steve asked, munching on an omelet.

By this time, everyone was awake and downstairs. They all shrugged.

"Where are Bill and Jimmy?" Lindsey asked, a tad bit worried.

Steve's eyes widened. "Oops"

"Steve, what did you do?! It's not even the second full day that we've been in this house!" Lindsey said exasperatedly, chasing after Steve.

"I didn't do anything bad, per se." He smiled sheepishly.

"Steve," she said, gritting her teeth.

"Alright, alright, I helped Bill with a prank he came up with to pull against Jimmy and when we both woke up this morning, I said to video tape it."

"STEVE ARE YOU INSANE!" Lindsey yelled, slapping the back of his head.

The chase between Jimmy and Bill went on, and when Bill saw Lindsey, he ran for cover behind her.

Lindsey looked at the cowering but joyful person behind her. "Bill, what did you make Steve help you with?"

"He did nothing he didn't want to, and we put Jimmy's hand in warm water. He came up with the idea to record what happened."

Lindsey turned back and saw Jimmy running towards them. "James Euringer, stop right now or I swear to God I won't let you hold Bandit," she said, crossing her arms across her chest.

Jimmy reluctantly stopped. "Fine But I swear I will get, you my pretty, and your little dog too!" he cackled just like the Wicked Witch of the West, pointing at Bill.

"Are you on something Jimmy?" Bill asked inquisitively.

"This is normal, Bill, trust me," Lindsey said, half walking him half protecting him into the kitchen.

"Jimmy? Normal? That will never be," Kitty said, bouncing Bandit gently on her knee. Jimmy scowled and stomped back upstairs to shower and change his sheets Bill was the walking dead as far as he was concerned.

Bill suddenly went all shy and timid upon seeing Bandit. Kitty smiled and beckoned Bill to sit next to her.

Bill walked over and sat next to Kitty; Bandit looked up at him with pure curiosity on her face.

"You don't have to be shy or become timid when you see Bandit, Bill, she loves meeting new people and playing with shiny things," Kitty said, gently putting Bandit in Bill's lap.

Bill cradled Bandit against his chest and pulled a silly face, making Bandit giggle hysterically.

Bandit lifted her arms up trying to reach Bill's face. Bill lifted her up so that Bandit was standing with support from Bill. Bandit reached her arm out and gently tugged Bill's shiny eyebrow ring. Bill's stomach twisted a little. He hoped Bandit didn't pull it out of his skin

"Bill, please be careful with Bandit like that, she likes to wiggle a lot," Gerard said, walking into the kitchen, fully clothed. Lindsey seemed ecstatic, she obviously didn't like going nights without Gerard.

"I am, Gerard, and good morning," Bill said, gently sitting Bandit back down. He made a funny face with his mouth open.

Bandit tilted her head, looking at Bill's face intently.

Bill stared back for a moment. "Lindsey, is this normal?"

She smiled. "It's fine, Bill she probably spotted something shiny in your mouth Do you have a piercing or filling in there?" Lindsey said, getting a bottle out of the refrigerator.

Bill nodded. "I have my tongue pierced."

Gerard shivered. "How can you handle getting that pierced?"

Bill shrugged. "It wasn't that bad. I barely noticed the pain. They numbed my tongue then pierced it. The worst that I got though was the tattoo on the back of my neck. I couldn't move or sleep properly for days. The tattoo on my ribs comes in second."

Gerard shivered again. "Ugh, no more, needles give me the creeps. I've always disliked them, ever since I was a kid."

"Yet you married someone that has a ton of tattoos," Lindsey said, smirking. "And you are so coming with me when Bandit's name goes somewhere in all this mess, Nancy Boy."

"You are so lucky I love you," Gerard said, kissing her chastely.

"That's why I gave up girls for a while," Tom muttered, becoming grossed out by the lovey-dovey going on between Gerard and Lindsey. Displays of affection had been getting to him lately like nothing else could.

"Or maybe it's because you got the reputation of being a man-whore," Georg said.

Tom chucked napkin wad at his head. "Not funny, dude. "

"It's nice to see everyone awake and well. So, the lot of you won't be going into the studio yet. For the next few days, you are going to get to know each other more and become more familiar with each other's music," Rick said walking in and smiling.

"After what happened this morning I'm sure we know each other a lot better," Jimmy muttered, finally coming back down.

Rick was so glad that he didn't know what happened. "Yeah, so, David and I have decided for today that you all should play some songs for each other so that you both can get a grip of each other's style."

Groans could be heard unanimously across the room.

"You all sound like goats. Get to it," Rick said, leaving just as fast as he came in. Lindsey rolled her eyes.

"How the hell did Rick get in? I thought the door was locked," Kitty asked.

"Um, hello, I got in just fine," Gerard said, pointing to the top of his head. Kitty shrugged.

"And he probably has a key. He is our manager," Steve said.

"Ugh, that means Jost is going to have one too, gross!" Tom whined, leaning back in exasperation. Bill slugged his arm and Bandit giggled.

"Where are we going to play songs? I don't really see an area that's suitable or safe for Bandit," Lindsey said, getting them back on track.

"It's in the basement. I was looking around when I was bored." The stares he got made him self-conscious. "Sue me, I looked around your house!" Gerard said as he walked over to Bill.

Bill smiled and gave Bandit over to Gerard. Bandit gurgled and laid her head on her father's shoulder.

"I think someone needs a diaper change and a nap," Gerard said, wrinkling his nose at the smell of daughter's diaper. He headed towards Kitty and Lindsey's room, singing gently to Bandit. Bill thought it was odd that she would need a nap after just waking up but for all he knew, Bandit was the type of baby who started screaming at three in the morning and wouldn't go back to sleep.

"We might as well start heading down to the basement," Tom said, leaving the kitchen and looking for the basement.

Everyone followed Tom in a straight line and saw that their instruments were already set up.

"Someone got up early for this," Steve concluded, walking over to his guitar and playing a few flat notes.

"Who wants to go first?" Jimmy asked.

"I guess we will," Bill said, walking over to the mic stand and testing it out.

Tom, Gustav and Georg headed to their instruments and made sure that they were tuned properly. Upon finding the instruments to their satisfaction, they each looked to Tom to start.

Tom looked down at his strings and started strumming the beginning of Don't Jump, but Bill waved a hand.

"Stop, stop, stop."

Tom gave him a confused look. "Are you smoking something? Why can't we play that?"

"Because I want my anthem, that's why, and so help me, I will throw a tantrum if I can't sing it!"

Tom sighed and looked at the band. "You guys cool with that?"

The G's nodded. "Sure, why not," Gustav said.

Lindsey was confused. Bill had an anthem?

Tom made a funny sounding guitar fade in and started playing. The rest of the music followed.

Bill smiled and started singing on cue, twisting some of the mic's wire around his hands and wrists.

"From today on, the days are only half as long
Nothing left to love about
Yesterday is one million years ago
The day before already wiped out
Time's been replaced by a countdown
The sun is shining in the night
Sorry, I was just thinking twice
Wake me up 'cause time is running out, running out, running out, running out!

Live every second!
Here and now
Don't let go
Live every second!
Here and now
Don't let go
Before it's too late!
Before it's too late!

From today our life is just a TV show
You can even get a planet for free
The whole galaxy is chilling out
And time laps are all you can see
Don't look back 'cause now is all that counts
Remember that before you forget
Sorry, I was just thinking twice
Wake me up, 'cause time is running out, running out!

Live every second!
Here and now
Don't let go
Live every second!
Here and now
Don't let go!

Wake up!
Wake up!
Wake up!
Stop it now!

Wake up
Wake up
Wake up
Wake up
Wake up
Wake up!

Live every second!
Here and now!
Don't let go!
Live every second!
Here and now!
Don't let go!
Before it's too late!
Before it's too late!

Wake up!
Stop it now!"

"That was amazing Bill. That song was really good, the music rocked," Lindsey said, smiling encouragingly.

"Gag me, what kind of motivational song was that?" Jimmy muttered to Steve.

Gerard and Kitty both slapped the back of his head. "Not funny, Jimmy," they both said at the same time.

Tom smacked a hand to Bill's as the bands switched spots. Mindless Self Indulgence switched out Tokio Hotel's instruments to the ones that they were used to. Steve also set up a computer to play the backtrack.

The music started and Jimmy began to sing.

"The bass, the rock
The mic, the treble
I like my coffee black
Just like my metal

The bass, the rock
The mic, the treble
I like my coffee black
Just like my metal

I can't wait for you to knock me up
In a minute, minute
In a fuckin' minute

I can't wait for you to knock me up
In a minute, minute
In a second

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up

The bass, the rock
The mic, the treble
I like my coffee black
Just like my metal

The bass, the rock
The mic, the treble
I like my coffee black
Just like my metal

I can't wait for you to knock me up
In a minute, minute
In a fucking minute

I can't wait for you to knock me up
In a minute, minute
In a second

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up

I don't find it funny right now (right now)
Just want my ma-ma-ma-money right now (now)
I'm on my way to the party right now (right now)

I don't find it funny right now (right now)
Just want my ma-ma-ma-money right now (now)
I'm on my way to the party right now (right now)

Because the break, the break, the break

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up

I can't wait for you to shut me up
And make me hip like bad ass
I can't wait for you to shut me up
Shut it up"

"Is this seriously going to work?" Bill asked, muttering in Tom's ear. From what he heard, he was definitely not enthused about having to mesh his crisp lyrics with a slough of random, foul-language filled rhymes.

"It's supposed to, or both of our bands are royally fucked," Tom muttered back. And right then, to him, it seemed like royally fucked was the destination they were headed to.