Status: In the process of trying to get an update up.

First Try

I'll Dream of You and The Smile That You Give

"What are you two doing?!"

Brendon.

"I- uh, we...," Andy stuttered, not being able to form a proper reply to answer him - her heart was beating too fast.

"You?" Brendon raised his eyebrows, waiting for the right answer from either of them.

"Fuck off, Brendon. It isn't any of your business," Ryan spat.

That definitely wasn't it.

Andy looked at Ryan and frowned. He was glaring right at Brendon, his jaw set and his fists clenched into fists.

"It is if it involves one of my friends helping someone to cheat on his girlfriend!" Brendon retorted.

"Bren, relax," Bill murmured, placing a gentle but firm hand on his shoulder.

Brendon stiffened slightly at his touch before relaxing his shoulders.

"Yeah, come on, man. We all make mistakes-"

"This isn't a mistake. I want to be with Andy," Ryan cut Jon off, lacing his hand with Andy's.

"And what about Keltie, huh? What happens when she finds out?" Brendon asked, stepping forward.

Ryan stood up and almost completely towered over Brendon. "She's not going to find out, right?"

"How can you be so sure I won't-"

"Bren, come on. Bro's before ho's. Friends don't tell on other friends," Gabe interjected, wrapping his right arm around Brendon's shoulders and then his left around Ryan's, but they paid no mind to him and went on glaring at each other.

"Who said we were friends?" Brendon spat.

Caught off-guard, Ryan blinked and lost his glare, hurt flashing through his eyes.

"Bren, what are you talking about? You and Ryan have been best friends since-" Pete began, worry taking him over.

"Yeah, well he sure acts like it." Brendon shrugged off Gabe's arm and stormed out of the room.

x

"Well that was an interesting visit, don't you think, Pete?" Gabe asked, as they made their way out the door.

"It was the best boy band bonding ever," he smirked.

"See you guys soon. Sorry about today," Spencer apologized, standing at the doorway.

"It's okay, Spence. It was kinda fun, actually."

"Yeah, you would think so, Bill."

"Take care of my boys, okay? Make sure no one gets killed," Pete said, wrapping his arms around Spencer in a hug before heading to their car.

"He so wants you, Spence," Bill teased before patting Spencer on the arm and following Pete to the car.

"I heard that, Beckett."

"You would."

Spencer said his goodbyes to Patrick and Gabe before heading back in the house. He sighed before breathing in and yelling: "BAND MEETING NOW!"

Soon, Jon came sliding down the banister and landing in a pose with a loud "tada!". Brendon followed, plodding down the stairs, staring at his feet. And then came Ryan, looking slightly out of it as he walked down the stairs.

"What's up, Spin?" Jon asked, plopping down on the couch.

Brendon sat down beside him, leaving Ryan to sit on the arm chair, leaving Spencer to stand.

"Okay, Bren, Ryan, you two are gonna have to kiss and make up. You'll honestly cause this band to break up if you go on fighting like this, I doubt we'll even be able to get a song in if you two are gonna be all immature during practice."

They remained silent. Brendon's fascination with his feet not letting up and Ryan's seemingly endless daydream wasn't disturbed by Spencer's "speech".

Spencer looked at the two of them before clapping once loudly.

"Guys!"

They, even Jon, jumped and looked up at him.

"Can you at least manage to not let this fight get in the way of your work? Can you guys be that professional?" Spencer asked.

"Sure."

"Whatever."

"Kay. Good, you can disperse now," Spencer announced, making shooing movements with his hands.

"Why did I even go down here if I wasn't going to be part of the fucking discussion?"

"Because it just works that way, Jon. Live with it."

"Oh, shut up, Bren."

X

"No, no, try and go for a slower tempo, but make sure it's still all... happy and stuff."

The band was back in the music room, working on a song they had so named "Nine In The Afternoon" after hearing Spencer saying, "Man, it looks like it's seven in the fucking afternoon.". Ryan just changed it up a bit so that it matched with the melody.

"Brendon, do you think you could sing along now?" Jon asked.

Brendon nodded and they started up the song again.

"Back to the street where we began
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know."

Andy watched in awe.

She had always wondered how bands got to write all those amazing songs and now that she got to witness one of them in action, she felt quite... special.

"Brendon, I love your voice," she commented and got a smile from him as he continued singing.

"Back to the street
Along with our beat
Losing the feeling of feeling unique
Do you know what I mean?"

"Wait, wait, wait," Ryan yelled over their music and stopped playing.

"What?"

"I think I want to change that. Make it... Back to the street, down to our feet, losing the feeling of so and so. Is that okay?" he asked, scribbling on his notebook.

Everyone nodded before starting up again.

"Back to the street
Down to our feet
Losing the feeling of feeling unique
Do you know what I mean?

Back to the place
Where we used to say
Man it feels good to feel this way
Now I know what I mean

Back to the street, back to the place,
Back to the room where it all began, hey
Back to the room where it all began
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
Just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon"

Andy grinned widely and applauded as they finished their song.

"That was great you guys."

They all laughed and thanked her before taking a short break.

"Ryan, your lyrics are so pretty, but kinda odd. They're pretty odd," Andy commented, laughing as he sat down beside her.

"Pretty odd..," he repeated to himself over and over again.

"Yes, Ryan, we established that I said they were pretty odd. Now stop saying it, you're freaking me out."

Sooner or later, everyone started saying it too.

First, Jon.

"Pretty odd..."

Then Spencer.

"Pretty odd..."

and finally, Brendon.

"Pretty odd."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eee, another update =)

Thank you so so so so so much to:
ria
Jesicaat
dumpoet
PurpleCheetos
See.
lake effect kid.
CallusedSilk
iLoser
Reinvent-Love
frankismyhomefry828
checkyesjuliet

for commenting =D
it really meant so much to me.

I love you guys.
have a picture! =D

Image