We Both Need to Change

I admit it

The next day I woke up early because of school. I did the usual before going to school; get up, take a shower, get dress, eat breakfast and then finally go to school. I met up with Sierra on the school parking lot, where we usually did meet.

“Good morning Sierra,” I greeted her. She was leaning on her car, pouting, “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“It’s not a good morning,” she argued, “Woman; can’t you see what’s wrong? It’s so obvious!” she then pointed at the school building, “What’s wrong is this! School, it’s a Monday. I hate Mondays!” she exclaimed.

I chuckled, “Oh, so that’s what’s wrong today?” I said amused, “We all have to deal with school Sierra. No need to be grumpy,” I told her.

“And I have a pop quiz today which I forgot study for,” she said as we walked to the front doors of our school.

“Now that’s a bummer. But cheer up, Tom might call you today,” I teased and that surely made her smile.

“I hope he would, that would totally make my day,” she beamed.

As we went in the school, all the girls started whispering and some of the dudes were smiling at me. Some of the girls were glaring like I ruined their manicures or something.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just jealous,” whispered Sierra, “They think you’re really dating Oli and that you guys are married or something.”

“Let’s go hurry to class, they’re burning holes through me,” I whispered back and then we walked as fast as we could to our classroom.

&&

It was lunch and Sierra and I were sitting on our usual spot as usual. This day was the worst for me, judging looks were thrown at me and glares too. I was getting sick of how these people judge right away without even knowing the truth. I understand what mom means when she says, “don’t believe everything you see on the surface.” Hmm… I wonder if she’s seen it.

Sierra snapped her fingers, “Hey! Are you ok?” she asked, “You’re zoning out again.”

I shake my head, “Sorry, it’s just that, today’s been like hell for me,” I let out a very big sigh, “Thank God this’ll be over before this week ends.”

She raised one eyebrow, “How are you going to clear this out before this week ends? Have you talked to Oli yet?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you,” I said, “Oli came by yesterday and he already planned out what we’re going to do about this.” I told her.

She slapped me on my shoulder, her mouth hanging open, “How could you not tell me?!”

“Why? Is it such big deal?” I asked while rubbing the spot she slapped.

“Yes it’s a big deal.” She nodded, “I mean, it was you and Oli in the same house alone.” Her eyes brightened, “Give me details young lady.”

I smiled, “Okk…” I said in a weird tone, “Um… well I was napping in the living room at the time then I heard a knock, so I thought it was mom and Abby so I yelled letting him in. And then when I noticed that mom didn’t ask me anything I got worried so I peeked and I saw him. And I was wearing a bit revealing clothes, so I told him to wait and I went up and changed. And then he told me that we have an interview on Wednesday –“

“This Wednesday?” she asked, stopping me mid sentence.

I nodded, “Anyway… I was apparently giving him some attitude, so he asked me why I was such a grump in his cocky, asshole way of course, and I didn’t answer because he was getting closer and when he gets close to me I get all crazy inside –“ Oops! That was a slip! I hurriedly covered my mouth.

“Oh my God!!! You do like him!!!” she said smiling, “aha! I finally got you to admit it!” she smiled cheekily.

My cheeks reddened, “That doesn’t necessarily mean that I do like him, does it?” I asked wondering because c’mon, I can’t really be into this guy…

“Oh yes my friend, that does mean you like him,” she said smiling so widely.

“Ok, ok, so maybe I do,” I said finally admitting, “But you’re the first person to know, so… don’t tell anyone ok? Especially Tom.” Although I made her promise this, I already knew that Tom knew because Tom and I have this twin- like connection, that he knows how I feel and I know how he feels, like how I know he really likes Sierra. But we don’t put it out in the open. I know, weird right? But that’s just how we are.

“Don’t worry honey, your secret’s safe with me, promise!”

&&

School was over and Sierra and I were walking to our cars when someone jumped behind Sierra and covered her eyes – t’was Tom.

“Kacy? What’re you doing?” Sierra asked while holding Tom’s hands which were covering her eyes, “Wait, your hands feel diff, dude. You need to put some lotion on, they feel like a boy’s hand but they are rather soft for a boy.”

I chuckled, “I’m not holding you Si, someone else is.” I told her.

“Oh. My. God!” she screamed, “Who is it??? It’s someone famous huh???”

Tom pouted, “Yeh’d rather meet someone famous than me?”

“Tom?!” Sierra squealed in excitement. Tom let go and Sierra turned around to face them and then they hugged like they haven’t seen each other for ages. Hmm… they look like they are together, oh fuck! Wait a second, are they?!
“Hey Kace, d’you mind me snatchin’ Sierra ‘ere from yeh?” he asked, “I mean if yeh guys ‘ave plans.”

I smiled, “Oh, sure… I’d be glad to hand her over,” I said smiling.

“But then, who’d take my car home?” asked Sierra.

Tom smiled, “I figured yeh would bring yeh’r car, so I didn’t bring mine and we could just use yours, I mean if that’s alright, is it?” he looked at her intently.

Sierra blushed and nodded. They both said bye to me and they dashed off to god knows where, but I’m sure they’ll have oodles of fun.

&&

Later that night as I finished up my homework my mobile phone rang. I answered it to a squealing Sierra. She gushed about her day with Tom.

“Oh yeah Sierra before you down the phone, I won’t be at school tomorrow,” I told her, “I’d be fixing some stuff for my trip.”

“Trip with who?” she teased.

I rolled my eyes, “You know who.”

“Say it!” she said in a demanding tone, when I didn’t answer she repeated it, “Say it! Say it! Say it! You know you want to!”

I rolled my eyes again, “Fine!” I paused, “My trip with Oli. Ok?”

“Bye bye Kace!!! Sleep tight, I hope you have dreams about Oli tonight!” she said and before I could say anything back she hung up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe.. this ones for Sierra!!!