We Both Need to Change

just for me

I woke up the next day. Mom had already gone to work and Abby was already off to school. I stretched and on cue my phone rang.

‘I like nerds! The rainbow ones, and I like the red skittles, don’t forget!’ Sierra’s voice boomed through the speakers. That was my ringtone whenever she calls. I answered it.

“Yo! What up Si?” I asked, as I stretched my free hand.

“I miss you already Kace!” she said, I had a feeling she was pouting at the moment. “School’s just as sick as before without you.”

“Aww… I’m sorry Si. Don’t worry, you’ll survive,” I answered as I got out of bed. I walked to the window, I picked, there was a familiar car parked, I couldn’t remember who but it was VERY familiar, “That’s weird,” I mumbled.

“What’s weird?” asked Sierra through the phone.

“There’s a car parked in front of the house,” I said, “I think I’ve seen it somewhere, I just don’t remember where,” I added.

“Ooo… That is weird,” she agreed, “Well you better grab something hard, so if it’s some sort of paparazzi or just a plain weirdo you could whack them and tell them they should leave you alone.”

I chuckled, “Oh I will.” I grabbed a baseball bat from the closet.

“What hard item are you holding?” Sierra asked.

“Baseball bat,” I chuckled a bit more, “Are you calling me during class?” I asked.

“Hhmm… baseball bat, impressive,” she said in a weird tone, I laughed, “And yes, I am. I’m in the back of the class. God, can Ms. Wells, be more oblivious?”
“I know! I think she has seeing problems or something, because most of the class is asleep. How could she not notice? She just keeps on explaining and writing on the board,” I said as I dragged the bat along as I go down the stairs. It went bump, bump, and bump.

She laughed, “I know what you mean.” There was a pause, “Hey! What’s that sound?” she wanted to know.

“Baseball bat, dragging it downstairs since I’m too fuckin’ lazy to pick it up properly,” I told her. I reached the end of the staircase when the doorbell rang.

“Ooo… who’s that?” asked Sierra.

“I don’t know. If this is some lunatic, I have to attack in full force, and I can’t do that while holding my phone. So bye for now Sierra,” I told her.

I heard the bell rang through the phone, “Oh look, I have to go too. Call you later ok?” she promised.

“Yeah, I’d be expectin’ it!” I replied. We both hung up in unison.

I’ve always wanted a best friend like Sierra. You can’t find girls like her from where I use to live, everyone there was too innocent, I could never cuss around them. It’s like we tell each other everything, starting from day one, we already told each other about our miserable lives. Everything for us is set out in the open, well at least that’s what I think – I mean, if Sierra’s hiding sometime from me then I guess wrong then. But she still is a pretty awesome person.

The doorbell rang again, “Oh God! Would you wait for a fuckin’ second?!” I bellowed. I marched up to the door, the baseball bat was held tightly on my other hand, kept behind me.

I opened it, and found him. He looked adorable, looking unsure; nervous… this is a whole other side of Oli.

I crossed my arms, playing hard to get is how I play boy and you better be good at chasing, “What do you want Oli? We’re not leaving until later afternoon.” I said.

He started massaging his neck, “I jus’ wan’ed to say sorry for ‘ow I acted the day before,” he said. He licked his chappy lips, and pulled out a bunch of roses from behind him, “And these are for yeh, as a peace off’ring.”

I couldn’t help but smile at what he was doing. I grabbed the roses from him. I slightly smelled them, oh how they smelled good, “Thanks. I accept your apology, Oli.”

His eyes brightened as if he couldn’t believe what I was actually nice to him, “Really? Yeh ‘onestly not mad at me now?” he asked looking.

I smiled softly as I nodded. He jumped then like a little kid, “Yay! I’m forgiven!”

“Yeah, yeah…” I said while rolling my eyes, “Now get your arse inside, it’s fuckin’ cold out there.”

He stepped in, and closed the door behind him using his foot, kicking it backward. Now, we were face to face. His lips were inches away from mine, a smirk implanted on them. My heart started to raise and I think he knew it, Oh how he makes me go crazy inside whenever he gets close, he has no idea I turn my back at him and started walking off to the kitchen. I could feel him watching me but I didn’t mind.

I was reaching up for a vase from one of the cupboards in the kitchen but I wasn’t tall enough to get it myself. I let out a sigh and knew I had to get a stool. But when I turned around, Oli’s body was already press against me as he reach for it himself.

“’Ere,” he said giving me the vase.

Aww…. He was acting all helpful and sweet just so I won’t get mad at him, “Thanks.”

&&

Later on we both ended up in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think they did in Kacy's room? *snickers*