We Both Need to Change

One room together?

“Oli! Are you sure you know where you’re going?” I asked as I watched us pass by all the houses. We’ve been driving for about more than five hours and I was getting hungry and frustrated.

He nodded, “Yeah, I know where I’m goin’! This was s’pose to be a shortcut,” he explained as his eyes scanned the road.

I shake my head, “Well your shortcut is getting us nowhere! Oli… it’s already getting dark, I’m hungry not to mention tired!” I complained, glaring at him, “Can we just ask directions?” I suggested.

“No. I know where I’m goin’,” he said firmly, “We don’t ‘ave to ask some git for directions because yeh think we’re lost.”

I let out a frustrated sigh, “But we are lost Oli!” I said, while rubbing my temples, “We’ve been driving for more than five hours here and we are getting nowhere, what else do you call that?” I shouted.

“Don’t worry babe, I’ll get us there soon,” he said reaching his hand for mine.

I quickly slapped it, “BABE?” I bellowed, “I am not your babe, Oli! You could fuckin’ babe all those other girls; just don’t try it on me!” I said angrily.

“Ouch!” he said as he rubbed his hand, “Why you ‘ave to be so violent?”

“Put your arms back on the wheel! Do you want us to die?!” I yelled. He did so and mumbled some stuff that I couldn’t hear.

After an hour…

There was only one way to make Oli say yes and that was beg. I had to, I was hungry and tired and I really needed to go to sleep and my phone was ringing off the hook, mom was worried too. The best way would be, stopping at a hotel and spending the night there.

“Oli…” I begged as I pouted looking at him.

He looked over at me, “Wha’?” he asked, his voice softer and a lot sweeter.

“I think we should stop at a hotel and just spend the night there.” I suggested, and if you were there, you really could tell how tired I was, from the sound of my voice.

He let out a sigh, “Fine.” He finally agreed.

We weren’t lost in the wilderness or anything. We were more lost in a different city, because we weren’t in Sheffield and we were not even close to the place where we were supposed to be going.

Oli stopped in front of a large hotel. The valet took the car and we marched in the hotel together, luggage in hand. We were walking close beside each other and our hands kept brushing against each other. Whenever it did, it made me blush, embarrassed to admit it, but it did. What shocked me next is he grabbed my hand, he laced his fingers on mine but mine didn’t move or made any signal of reject. I look up at his expression and nothing; he looked normal, his view forward and no sign of blushing at all. I looked down at our hands, should I or should I not lace mine on his?

My mind was debating whether I would or not.
Don’t dare fall for it Kacy! He did this to all those other girls and they fell for it and look what he did to them? He can’t be trusted, he’s a fuckin’ player, all he’ll do is hurt you. HURT YOU!

Kacy, do it already dude! What. Are. You. Waiting for? He made the first move, now all you gotta do is follow! Look, Oli use to be a player, he won’t hurt you because truly, he likes you A LOT and not the way he likes those other blondes, he likes you even more. Now go girl, do it!


In the end, I did lace my fingers with Oli’s and when I checked his face, as soft smile was planted on his lips. He walked swiftly to the front desk – which was unoccupied.

He rang the bell. “Oli?” I asked.

He looked at me, “Yeah?”

“I really need to sit down,” I said, I saw the Starbuck’s shop when we walked in, “I’ll be there, sitting.” I told him.

He nodded, “I’ll go there when we’re done checkin’ in,” he got some money from his wallet, he gave it to me, “’Ere, get somethin’ to eat, I don’t want yeh faintin’ or anythin’.”

I smiled, “Thanks.”
I waited for him as I sipped my frappacino and I ate a muffin. I saw our luggage being taken and a minute later, Oli was walking towards me, the key in his hand.

“Ei,” he said as he sat across me.

I smiled, “You got the rooms?” I asked as I gave him a muffin.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Err… yeh see, I’ve only got enough money for one room, so I only got us one room.”

My eyes grew big and I was ready to shout but he cut me off, “But,” he said one finger held up, “’S a big room, ‘s one of the top suites ‘ere, I took that room ‘cause ‘s the only room available.” He explained.

I crossed my arms, “How big is it?” I asked.

“Well, ‘s got ‘s own livin’ room, one big room, a big bathroom, and a view of the city,” he said as he took a bite of his muffin.

I nodded, “Fine.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm... Oli and Kacy together in one suite..
intriguing, yeah? haha!!

THANK YOU to all the people who comment and read my story!! =D