We Both Need to Change

I recognize every inch of him

I felt something vibrating on my back. I reached for it, my hand brushed upon a vibrating, metal contraption.

It was my phone. I held it before my face, there was a voice message. I clicked the button to play it and my mother’s voice filled the speakers.

“Kace, I and Abby are going to a party. We won’t be back for long time, feel free to go out with your friends,” there was a pause, then she continued, “the reason we didn’t bring you was because your door was locked and you wouldn’t wake up how much screaming we did, so we left. Hope you understand, there’s money under the fruit bowl in the kitchen – in case you need any. That’s all. Love, Mom.” And it ended with a beep.

I shrugged as I tossed my phone to the other side of the bed. I reached out for my clock on my side table; it read nine in the morning. Wow, I slept through the whole day yesterday? I can’t believe it, I am such a sloth.

I stood up and stretched for a minute. I noticed that today was a bit colder than yesterday; I walked to my window and peeked through my curtains. It was raining. Perfect!!! There’s nothing better than a cold, gloomy day.

I stripped all my clothes and went in the bathroom. I took a very warm bath.

&&

Later on, I found myself listening to Sierra talking about her day with Tom earlier. She had come knocking my front door around an hour after I took a bath.

And now we were in the kitchen eating Cookie dough flavored ice cream.

“He is so sweet,” she said, “He dropped by my house around seven and, he brought me flowers and then we went to the beach and –“

“You went to the beach?!” I said as I cut her off midsentence, “In this weather, you went to the beach?” I repeated as I swallowed a spoonful of ice cream.

She nodded, “We did. But all we did was practically just take pictures and stuff. Then he bought me some hot dogs then I told him I needed to go home, which was a lie because I really didn’t have to. So he took me home and that’s that. And then I went here.” She explained.

“Why’d you tell him to take you home?” I said definitely confused and as I took another scoop of ice cream.

She fidgeted with a lock of her auburn hair, and then bit her lip, “I know it sounds cheesy but… he makes me nervous. And I didn’t know what to say… and…” she trailed off.

I laughed, “That’s ok,” I told her, I swallowed, “But I tell you my friend. Tom fancy’s you too. You can tell by the way he treats you.” I told her.

She smiled, “Thanks…” she took a scoop of ice cream and shoved it in her mouth, “So what about you and Oli??? That reminds me, have you told him about the magazine situation yet?” she asked me.

“first of all, there’s nothing between me and Oli. And secondly, no… because I didn’t get the chance to call him after I left yesterday because I slept through the whole day.” I told her, my voice sort of bitter but I’m sure she understands.

“Oohh….” A smirk crept up her lips, “Oh honey, there is seriously between you and Oli.”

My cheeks instantly went red, “What do you mean??? Seriously, there’s nothing between us.” I told her.

“The way you guys talk about each other and your body language on those pictures in the magazines, there’s definitely something between you two, you guys just don’t know it,” she said smirking and with that she waltzed to the living room.

&&

After an hour or so, Sierra left and I was all alone in my house. Because I wasn’t expecting some company I changed into something more comfy and a bit revealing. I was wearing a purple bra and a sort of see through shirt and hip huggers – sweat pants.

I was napping on the couch when the doorbell rang. I thought it was mom and Abby so I shouted, still not opening my eyes, “Come in! I’m in the living room.”

I heard footsteps. And then silence followed, usually mom would ask me things about what I did while they were gone or Abby would come up and hug me but no… none of that happened. I peeked using on eye and I saw a pair of feet wearing worn out vans – just that sight informed my brain who was standing before me. Instantly my eyes bulged.
♠ ♠ ♠
is this still short?? I'm sorry..
I'm just uninspired right now.. =(

But I promise to make the other chapters
a whole lot better..

just keep on reading k??