The Apple of My Eye

-12-

Anya yawned and stretched her arms wide, waiting to feel her hands brush the boxes lining your room. When she didn’t feel them, Anya sat up fast.
It wasn't a dream ...

Anya stated when in her head she heard Right, now I'm hungry.
Anya jumped out of bed and raced through the archway into the huge room. She saw Delyth who had grown a lot over night.

"Wow, you're huge! You barely fit in here anymore!" She exclaimed.
I can wait for you while you take a bath. Delyth seemed to smile.

Anya ran into the bathroom through the bedroom. She stripped and practically jumped into the pool of water. Surprisingly, the water wasn't cold. It was a comfortable temperature between scalding hot and a tad warm-leaving-you-turning-the-nozzle-to-scalding-hot.

When Anya was done, she walked into the bedroom looking for the closet. She didn’t want to wear those crappy, smelly clothes she had from back with Fritty.

Anya finally found something that looked like a handle so she pulled on it. It opened up and revealed seven outfits all the same.
"How boring ..." She said out loud reaching o grab one.
All dragon riders where the same thing. It is to protect you from harm while you are riding me.
Oh, I see.
And Nayati’s coming.

"Anya? May I come in?" Anya heard Nayati call just as Delyth finished speaking.
"Yeah, I'll be out in just a second." Anya called back and quickly changed.

"Oi!" Anya called to Nayati, who was wearing the exact same thing Anya was, coming into the room.
"'Ello! I was hoping you'd go with me to breakfast? The dragons are supposed to go get their own." Nayati explained at her hesitation.

"Oh, well in that case, sure." Anya said and then thought to Delyth, I'm sorry, is it ok if I go?
It's fine, and I'm already gone to get some food with Mynoth.
Anya smiled and said to Nayati, "Let's go!"
So the duo ran down to the valley floor.

Since the duo were new, they had no idea where the dining hall was.
"Maybe we should ask som-"Before Anya could finish a hand clamped down on her shoulder. Anya’s instincts kicked in, causing her to turn and aim a punch into the gut of the person.

But the person caught it.
"Geez, do you really have to punch someone who's supposed to show you around?" Cargan grumbled letting go of her fist.

"This way to the dining hall." He walked off leaving Nayati laughing and Anya frowning behind. Then the duo both just shrugged at each other and followed behind.

The trio entered a huge cavernous room.
"Just get in line to get food and sit down, throw away everything when you're done." Cargan smirked acting superior as if Anya couldn't figure that out.

"Bet he feels smart, acting smug as if we didn't know something and we're completely new so of course we would't know." Nayati said low to Anya as the two brushed past Cargan to get in line, but still loud enough that he could hear.

He gritted his teeth together.
Finally the two made it through the line, and Anya said, "Hey, why don’t we sit near the Lightweight new kid?"

Looking over Nayati saw her sitting alone. "Alright."
The duo went over and sat down on either side of her.

The girl had blonde hair and a deep blue color for eyes.
"Oi! I'm Anya Rider of Delyth."
"'Ello! I'm Nayati Rider of Mynoth."
"Hi, I'm Beatriz Rider of Essylt."

The trio sat there in silence until Beatriz spoke suddenly, "Who is that guy that follows you two?"
"Who?" Nayati exclaimed at the same time as Anya gagged on some eggs.
"Him." Beatriz pointed at Cargan.

"Pfft, just Cargan, wait you do mean the guy with brown hair and hazel eyes? Yeah, that’s Cargan." Anya said not looking to see who she pointed at.

Finally the three of them finished, and Anya and Nayati managed to get Beatriz to talk.

"Let's go down to the field, yes?" Anya asked.
They agreed.
We're meeting at the field, meet there please.
Alright.

The trio walked slowly over to the fields to be met by their dragons.
All three dragonets had gotten even bigger since the last they saw them.

Anya could see Trijan huffing and puffing his way to the fields.

"Alright, I'll be working with y'all separately." Trijan panted. "Mynoth first. Ok, Mynoth I want you to move that boulder." Trijan still panting, pointed at a boulder that was pretty dang big.

Mynoth went over to it and with difficulty moved it.

"Nnow Essylt. I want you to push that boulder."
So Essylt took Mynoth's spot and with more difficulty than Mynoth tried but could not move it.

"Now step back and drop your jaw, lower your tongue, and push your diaphra-" Before Trijan could finish, ice came shooting out of Essylt's jaw.
This surprised Essylt so much that she snapped her jaw shut.

"Interesting, now Delyth, I want you to do the same thin-" And once again he was interrupted but this time by acid coming from Delyth's mouth. It hit the frozen boulder, and ate through it slowly and when it got to the boulder continued to eat through it.
Delyth's reaction was the same. She snapped her jaw shut.

"Alright now, have you tried flying yet?" Trijan asked.
Yes, I made it a few feet this morning.
"Ok do the same thing you did earlier except tilt your wings completely horizontal."

She jumped into the air and tilted her wings horizontally, and managed to hover a little while with some difficulty.

"Alright, you are getting new rooms. Your dragons are already too big for the ones you were in." Trijan said motioning for them to follow.

Anya, Nayati, and Beatriz were moved to the third level from the ground.
"Nayati, you will remain on this level, considering your dragon is a Bulkweight and if we had them up top, the mountain side would collapse. All your dragons will sleep in the valley until they can fly up to your cave."

He showed Beatriz’s room next. “You'll be up another level eventually, soon most likely, when Essylt can fly. Plus, it's colder down here."

And then, Anya's. "You will be up near the top, why? Because there aren't any caves big enough width-wise to fit your dragons wingspan at the rate she's growing."

Hear that? Sounds like you're gonna be the biggest in wingspan they've had yet.
Anya could almost hear Delyth preen, Really? This is exciting!
Anya smiled as she changed to a robe and slipped under the covers.
Goodnight, Rider.
Goodnight, Dragon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, so soon will I need your reader participation.
Anyway, would whoever subscribe please reveal themselves in the comment area?

I have a surprise if you do ... :D
Or if you are not subscribed, and subscribe for the surprise, You'll get one ... :D

Junebug ···