The Apple of My Eye

-6-

It has been maybe a year or two and Anya has grown up. Now she is taller and had more of a feminine body.

Not only that, she is very fit. She has a high endurance rate, thanks to all those times the trio were almost caught and had to run all over town to lose the Imperial Guards.

Her arms also had muscle, thanks to all those times Fritty wanted a large quantity of food or something that you were to 'share.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She was running back into town after the morning 'share' run. She began to notice how there were very few people in the streets. Looking up the street Anya saw many people bustling children inside or closing the wooden shutters and locking doors, and nailing things shut. It was eerily quiet.

"This is unnerving ..." Anya whispered to herself.

Suddenly the few people still in the street split to either side of the cobblestone street, looking scared and huddled together in tiny groups.

But that wasn't what caught her attention.

A guard, of what seemed a higher level than the Imperial Guards stationed around the city, was riding on some monster that matched the description of a demon that Fritty had told you about so long ago. But ... there were some major differences.

'Ew! It's ugly ...it has a stinger on the end of its' tail ... short, stubbier legs ... a hooked beak ... is it drooling? Disgusting ... I wonder if it has any relation to a dem-' A body slammed into hers pushing her into a closed doorway before Anya had a chance to finish her though.

"Get off me!" Anya grumbled and tried to push the body off of her. A hand covered her mouth before she could say anything else.

"Sssshh! It's me Fritty! I can't believe you just did that! Moron!" Fritty hissed in her ear. She raised an eyebrow since his hand was still covering her mouth.

"That's a type of demon. It's called a Wyvern. What type of Wyvern is it? I cannot say, but it is considered a lesser demon. Even considered lesser, it's still a demon! And you, the smart one that you are, was standing in its way!" Fritty hissed again as he lowered his hand down, but not letting Anya out of the doorway.

A low rumble was heard. Fritty spun around, upon seeing the Wyvern had stopped and was eyeing the couple, pushed his back into Anya shielding her from the lesser demon.

The guard smirked suddenly, and seemed as if he was listening to something far away. Then he pulled out a scroll and began to read, "The Queen Dragon, Fleurin, has given us thirteen eggs. Remind the wealthy of their duties. Remember the duties of a pauper."

And with that he put the scroll away, and directed the lesser demon around. Before leaving, the lesser demon swung its head around and snaked its forked tongue out. It brushed Fritty's legs and Anya’s before it turned back to whence it came.

Fritty didn't let Anya out of the doorway until he could no longer see the Lesser demon's body.

He sighed, "We should go, everyone will be out now because of this and there will be more Imperial Guards. C'mon."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her after him all the way back to the warehouse.

"This is bad ... For the next couple of days we won't be able to get anything." Fritty mumbled when Achai looked concerned.

"Why?" Anya asked.

"Even though tomorrow they will set up the table, it has been known to happen that someone try to steal an egg. Those people force the demon out of its shell, when it won't hatch for them." Fritty explained.

"Won't the demon come out of its shell at a respectable time?" Anya asked confused.

"Other animals? Yes. Demons? No. Demons can stay indefinitely in an egg. That's why the robbers try to force them out." Fritty sighed.

That night the three of them stayed by the boiler in the warehouse till late that night. Anya’s eyes began drooping. She yawned quite frequently.

Fritty laughed quite suddenly.
"What?" Anya barely managed to mumble out in between yawns.

"You. You're never gonna make it back to your room." Fritty laughed and picked her up carrying Anya along the corridors to her room. He placed her on the mat that served as her bed. Anya’s eyes were already closed. Her body had gone limp falling into sleep.
She did hear Fritty whisper something into her ear.

What he said? I don't know. He was talking to Anya.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reader Participation needed soon.
But please comment so I know people are reading it and not just saying, "Oh never mind."

♥