Sitting with an Angel

Chapter 3

Elliott sat me on the couch and kneeled down to observe my foot.
“It doesn’t look too bad,” he noted.
I know,” I said. “Kain took good care of it.”
“Kain?” he looked up at me.
“That guy up in my room.”
Elliott narrowed his eyes, “About that, explain.”
“He saved me from…he just saved me and I’m lucky to have just escaped the school with this, okay?”
Elliott looked at me and I knew he was about to ask me about what had saved me from, aka. what attacked the school, when Jack came in, “I don’t think she wants to be interrogated about what exactly did that to her.”
Jack was Elliott’s boyfriend. My brother may not seem like it but he’s gay, and I’m proud of it. If my brother could find love anywhere it would’ve been a miracle so I’m just happy he found that miracle.
“I know what it is. The news said it was terrorists-”
“What did that were not terrorists, if I may cut in,” Kain said from the top of the stairs making Elliott glare upward.
“Are you a student at Kingston, sweetheart?” asked Jack ignoring his boyfriend.
“No.”
“Then why were you there with my sister?” asked Elliott harshly.
“I’m her guardian,” Kain said very seriously.
“Guardian?” Jack, Elliott, and I all questioned together.
“Yes, I’m her guardian.”
“What the hell are you on?” Elliott rudely said and he received a slap on the shoulder from Jack.
“What are you talking about, dear?” Jack said glaring at Elliott.
Kain sighed as he turned his gaze that was once on Jack and Elliott onto me.
“I’m her keeper, or her guardian. Someone to keep her safe and unharmed.”
“And why would I need that?” I ask him looking straight into his eyes.
“You need it more then you think and especially for what’s to come. I came here to take you away but only to find out I was too late, that it has already begun and you were about to meet your end. But I must say, that if I was off by a second you wouldn’t be standing here so I’m quite happy that I wasn’t as late as I thought I would be,” he made it sound so simple, that I could’ve, would’ve, been dead. But, even his eyes showed the true meaning of that. I may have not known now but later I would know that that fact scared the shit out of him.
“Tansy could’ve died today, didn’t we already know that,” Elliott said angrily.
“Ell, what he means is that if he wasn’t there she would be dead, not could’ve but would’ve,” Jack said running to me and hugging the life out of me. “My poor baby!”
“Jack, I’m still alive so don’t try and kill me!” I said trying to breathe.
“Oh, sorry darling,” Jack let go and ran his fingers through his mangled brown hair.
I looked up to Kain who was at the bottom of the steps and Elliott was blocking him from me.
“I don’t believe it,” my brother said through his teeth.
“You should for it is done with already and now it’s time to move on before you‘re stuck there,” Kain said as he looked down at Elliott then at me with eyes of concern.
“Can you please explain more?” I asked.
He hesitated, “You weren’t supposed to know any of this already.”
“Then why stop,” Jack said as he sat down beside me on the couch.
Kain sighed and dodged Elliott in a quick stride and sat on the floor before Jack, “Elliott, if you will.”
Elliott growled before taking a sit on the other side of me and put his arm around me I guess in his own way “showing dominance”.
“What do you want to know?” Kain asked us but he was looking directly at me.
“Who were the terrorists?” Elliott asked knowing already the Kain had corrected him already.
But, Kain reminded him again calmly, “They were not terrorists.”
“Then what attacked the school?” Jack asked this time.
“I call them ‘luaidhe scáth’ meaning ‘Shadow Lead’ but you probably know them as ‘Demons’.”
I heard Elliott laugh a little at this but Jack only looked at me before looking back at Kain. As for me, I looked straight at Kain feeling fear and understanding to what happened yesterday. But what I want to know is why here and why then.
“Simple, here because of you and then because they thought the time I got there it would be too late.”
I widened my eyes realizing that that was the second time he had read a question on my mind and answered it aloud.
“I told you I was your guardian. Guardians and their wielders have a bond that’s unbreakable unless death catches one of them. If a wielder dies, the guardian is left to roam the Earth forever, hurt, lonely, and ashamed. But, if a guardian dies, then the wielder doesn’t have any side effects unless they love their guardian as much as the guardian loves them.”
“My sister will never love you and you will never love her!” Elliott said, his anger sky rocketing making him stand up and hover over the sitting Kain. It sent something running through me.
What is that, I thought. Annoyance? Ownership?
Either way, what happened next scared me more then the emotion I was feeling.
“ELLIOTT SIT DOWN!” I screamed, not even recognizing my voice or where it came from but either way his mouth snapped shout and he gently sat down.
I looked up to see Jack staring at me with wide eyes and Kain looking at me curiously. I didn’t even look at Elliott, afraid that he’d be to furious to even hit me, which is saying something.
“What now?” I asked Kain quietly.
“We run,” is all he said.
“What do you mean by that?”
“We can’t stay here, we have to go to a sanctuary.”
“But-” was I could say as another low rumble filled the silence between people talking in the house.
“Kain!” I yelled as a splinting shriek claimed the horizon.
I jumped to Kain as he leaned forward and caught me just in time for where I just sat there were about 5 blades seeping lime green fluid.
“Poison blades,” Kain hissed as another 5 were fired where we were.
He moved quickly as Jack and Elliott jumped up. Kain held me as he raced to the front door, slamming the door open and running outside with my brother and Jack close behind us.
When we all got outside, I looked up to see the tiny creatures from earlier all over the house crawling into any access the house had to the inside, except the front door.
What idiots, I thought as a huge crash could be heard from inside. I groaned in fear and I was quickly pulled into an tight embrace and held there in the darkness only to hear the conversation and the noises of destruction.
“Take her!” I heard Elliott yell. “Get her away from here to that sanctuary you were talking about!”
“Contact us when you get there!” Jack yelled in agreement.
“You should come too! It’s not safe for you either!” said Kain who hugged me closer at this.
“We’ll only slow you down! Get her to safety now!” Elliott said as he leaned down to me and kissed my forehead.
“Love you, Tanzy,” Elliott said to me before he grabbed Jack and ran away from the scene, in the opposite direction of us.
“I’m sorry again,” Kain said quickly.
“NO!” was all I could say before everything went black.
Again, I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy,
xxnewmoonxx<3