Sitting with an Angel

Chapter 4

I opened my eyes slowly to a room that I have never seen before. It was like I took a trip to the past, like 400 years in the past. It’s gothic feel made it like that though. It had dark red walls, the color of blood. All the furniture in the room was wood stained to a dark brown color. The carvings on the wood swirled and twisted in grace with an old feeling tied in. The bed held the grand, extreme part of the room. It was a canopy bed, without the canopy. It had wood beams with the same looping grace that went from the top all the way to where it reaches the floor. I laid underneath the white sheets, black comforter, and the red silky blanket that was even pleasant to the eye after being knocked out once again. I sunk back into the bed looking at the doors and windows now. There were three doors most likely leading to the closet, bathroom, and hallway. I wondered what the rest of this place looked like compared to this bed room. I turned to my left and looked at the huge windows that lit up the room before realizing there was another door. My curiosity got the better me and my will of being here went to a more positive side as I got up and moved the sheets off of me.
I stumbled a bit after standing up, it felt like days since I had walked or even sat up. I looked down and realized that I was wearing different clothes. If Kain changed me, we’re going to have problems. I wedged my way over quietly, making sure if anyone was awake or near they wouldn’t hear me. I turned the knob slowly and opened it revealing a huge room with rows after rows of books. I walked in, too excited to keep it down. I jumped up and down as I ran toward the first room reading the names of collectables and new novels and series. Some of the books were old, there backs and pages covered in plastic to protect the many words that are sacred to many people, including myself. My fingers traced that biding of book after book before feeling like someone was watching me from behind.
I turned around slowly to see Kain leaning against the door frame leading into the room, his hair wets and sticking to his forehead as he was wearing a baggy shirt and jeans, his arms crossed against his chest. He stared at me with a smirk on his face, his blue-violet eyes seemed to see right through me. His beauty was mesmerizing at the moment until he spoke, “What are you doing?”
I shook my head and looked down, still softly touching the biding of one of the books, “Exploring.”
“I see,” he said looking at the rest of the room, “Do you like my library?”
I nodded, looking up at him, “I love it.”
He smiled, “I’m glad. Do you want to see the rest of the house? You haven’t met anyone yet.”
I looked back down. Tings were going way to fast. What happened to yesterday? The day before? Has it really been only 3 days?
“7 actually, you slept for 4 days,” Kain blurted out.
I closed my eyes, “Stop that.”
“Stop what?”
“Reading my thoughts.”
He smiled, “But I’m not.”
I laughed, “But you are.”
“Tanzy,” he said walking toward me, putting a hand underneath my chin, and making me look up at him, “I’m not reading your thoughts.”
“Then what are you doing?” I said pulling my chin away from his hold.
His hand moved from the empty place where my face used to be to his hair, his finger running through it, “I’m not really sure what it is called. It’s like you are talking without moving your mouth. I can’t control it.”
I rolled my eyes and stepped around him and to the room that I had woken up to less then 15 minutes ago stopping once I reached the bed, “Do I have any clothes here?”
I turned around after not hearing a response and he standing next to one of the three doors I had noticed earlier. He was holding a pair of jeans and a T-shirt with a big smirk, behind him a massive walk-in closet was opened for me to peer into.
“Did you go back and raid my closet after the little demonic things had their way?” I said taking my clothes out of his grasp.
He frowned, “Tanzy, they destroyed the whole house. All that remains is the ashes of your past.”
I stared at him, “Everything I worked for is gone.”
“Not everything.”
“What do you mean?” I said looking up at him.
“I mean I managed to get some stuff, very hard though if I may so myself.”
“What did you get?”
Kain looked down at me and smiled slightly, “Some notebooks that were important to you, your books, pictures, and some clothes and shoes.”
“Anything else?” I was honestly happy with just that but some hope was still alive for things like my purse with my ID and money.
“I did get that too but nothing else. Sarah wouldn’t let me leave without the thing. Said it was a woman’s joy,” he said probably responding to my thought of my purse.
“Sarah?”
“My brother’s fiancé.””
“Brother?”
He rolled his eyes, “Exactly, you don’t know anyone!”
“Sorry, I wasn’t the one who keeps knocking me out!” I huffed as he laughed.
“Get dress then and we’ll have a family meeting,” he said waving behind him and walking out, shutting the door behind him.
I sighed as spread the clothes out of the un-made bed with a sigh, “This is going to be a long day."
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!
xxnewmoonxx