Where is my Weretiger?

Black Beauty

He was still staring and his mind was such a whirlwind that I couldn’t even get through to talk to him in his mind.

His thoughts flashed so quickly and then they settled into blank rage. His mind resembled a cold arctic landscape frozen over with hatred. Shit.

What just happened to him seconds ago he and I where bantering and he was just fine, I couldn’t think of an explanation for it, unless… The only factor that could have changed this equation would be Mr. Tiger who just happened to be the focus point of a death glare coming from Oliver.

“Olli, what’s up? And do you mind not staring at Mr. Tiger that way?”

To my surprise Tiger moved protectively in front of me and hissed at Oliver. It shocked me because it sounded just like a jungle cat provoked and was much too loud and precise to have come from any human throat.

Then again Tiger is a very unusual circumstance wasn’t he. I felt like Bella being protected like that by a hissing hot boy.

I smiled un-amused and stepped out from behind his protective stance and removed his hand from my waist where he had placed it, much to my embarrassment.

But now was not the time for blushing not when my twin looked about ready for murder and my Tiger who was trying to protect me was his target, presumably.

I’m not sure though, of course he could have just gotten very ruthlessly angry at nothing, maybe he was mad at something different all together. But alas I highly doubt that, that is the case.

I moved in front of Tiger

“Hey Oliver what is wrong with you!?”

“Him”

He managed to get out through clenched teeth. His jaw was tight and his hands gripped into fists at his sides, like he was liable to throw a punch.

“What did he do?”

I jerked my head in Tigers direction.

“Need I remind you, you’re the one he did it to?”

He spat venomously. Oh poor Olli, he’s got understanding issues.

“Oliver he did not really try to rape me you thick headed idiot! He just you know …transformed at the wrong place and wrong time. Why are you even upset about this Id already let you in my head to see the whole thing and you where fine. Why are you freaking now?!”

“I thought you made that all up. I thought it was like a very vivid idea for a story or something but, God Damn It, I didn’t think you where serious. I mean come on a guy who turns into a tiger, that’s fiction Penelope!”

I was annoyed now.

“Well Oliver maybe sometimes fiction mixes with reality how do you know what can be possible and what is not? Not all things bend to the will of science there are thousands of things it can’t explain, it can’t even explain how honeybee flies let alone try to begin to justify a boy who can turn into a tiger and speaks some ancient dead dialogue!”

He was silent and I was fed up with his idiocy. I grabbed tigers hand and pulled him over to the wrack where all the keys hung. I selected one of my favorites and drug Tiger along behind me past the rows of cars. I grinned when I saw it.

Or well I grinned on the inside while blocking Oliver out I was still pissed at him, but before me sat my baby. It was a sleek black BMW-k10000RS1. She was my Black Beauty.

I picked up two helmets off the seat and handed one to Tiger while I put mine on. He just turned his helmet this way and that looking curiously into his reflection unsure of what to do with it.

I smiled and put it on his head I buckled it and couldn’t help but to let my finger stroke his cheek for just a moment. He closed his beautiful eyes and a look of peace came over his face while the strange and wild purr came from his throat once again.

He smiled and opened his eyes, it was the first time I had ever seen his smile. I never wanted to look away but I remembered the things we had to do before getting to school. I separated from him and grabbed two leather riding jackets one I passed to him before slinging the other over my shoulders.

He got it half on. I fixed it for him and zipped it up.

I got on my bike and motioned for Tiger to get on behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist unsure of what to do.

I smirked and retracted the kickstand. I revved the engine to life. He jumped and tightened his grip at the roaring sound. We peeled out of the garage in squealing of tires. Leaving Oliver alone in the garage by himself starring after them.

Oliver POV

When I saw the rapist I was shocked and horrified. When Pen defended him I was… I was… I have no words to describe. I felt betrayed by my own twin who yelled at me and protected at stranger that could very easily have harmed her.

Then I watched as she put a helmet on him and stroked his cheek so delicately while he closed his eyes. Then as they sped of out of the garage door in a peeling of tires, I had a premonition that my sister and my relationship would never be the same again.

I wanted nothing more then to hold my baby sister in my arms again and keep her safe from figures of myth and legend that rode away with her on the back of the Black Beauty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have I mentioned that I love you all for reading? Cause I do!

Cheers!