Skyway Avenue

dos

A few weeks later, Travis found himself walking again, but not on the streets of his beloved Bradenton. Instead, he was on a "business trip" in Chicago, wasting time until Pete was done with whatever Pete Wentz does.

As he browsed the shops on the bustling street, he couldn't help but to think of that girl. She'd caught his attention at the most unexpected time, and her sudden disappearance only left him wanting more. Every time he thought about it, he came up with different things he should have said, or should have done. Never in his life did he think a girl could throw him this out of sorts, but here he was, living proof.

Unable to bear with himself anymore, he began searching for the nearest coffee shop in hopes that a little caffeine could clear his head. Or sent it into overdrive so he could change thoughts easier. A few streets down, he noticed a place across the road, but as he was looking down the street to watch for oncoming traffic, he could have sworn he saw his mystery girl. Her hair was the same long, beautiful dark brown color and the clothing style was not that of someone from Chicago. However, as quickly as he saw her, once he blinked, she was gone.

Mumbling frustrated words to himself for seeing things, he shoved his hands into his pockets and crossed the road quickly before walking into the little coffee shop.

"What can I get you?" The small, cheery girl on the other side of the counter greeted him as he stepped up. He sighed and looked up at the board for a moment before answering.

"Can I get a caramel cappuccino?" He asked. He hoped that he could get out quickly, because as much as he wanted to cheer up and get over that girl, this cashier just had too sunny of a disposition.

"Of course! Anything else?" She asked, pushing a few buttons on the register and picking a cup up off the stack. He shook his head to keep himself from telling her to take a chill pill, but her smile never faded. He paid quickly after recieving his drink and nearly sprinted out the door, for that smile had begun to remind him of hers.

Shaking his head and drinking his coffee slowly, he started to wander the streets again, unaware of where he was going, where exactly he was, or how he was going to get to Pete once the previous "business" had been settled. None of these thoughts concerned him, for his mind was too clouded with other thoughts.

Five wandering minutes turned to ten, which lead to twenty, when he threw away his empty coffee cup. Thirty minutes after the trip to the little shop, he found himself stopping and staring across the road again.

It really was the girl.

The locks, the style, the inadvertent confidence, it was all there. She was the one he couldn't stop thinking about, and he had to get to her again. She'd even said so herself. Maybe not in the same way he'd been thinking, but it was the same general idea. If you really are meant to see me again, it'll happen. He was about to yell out to her, when he remembered that he didn't get her name.

Waiting for traffic to clear a little bit, he looked around before running across the street, then tried to catch up with her. However, she was already at the next crosswalk. He tried yelling out to her, but there were too many people around, so he continued running through the crowd.

When he finally got through the crowd, he hoped to be able to reach her on time, but she had already begun crossing the street. Just as he was going to run out to her, he noticed a car coming, the driver too distracted to brake. He remembered when they first met. I'm kind of a car magnet.

"Wait!" He shouted, but it was too late. As the car neared, he noticed the idiot driver on a cell phone, unaware of the girl standing before the car's path until the last minute. With a sickening thud, she tumbled over the hood of the car, shattering the windshield before falling over the side. After watching the horrible scene unfold, he ran out and fell to the ground next to her, pulling her into his arms.

"T-travis?" She stuttered, partially in disbelief and partially from shortness of breath. He nodded and smiled a little, glad she was still there and speaking.

"Yeah. Hang in there, I saw a few people bust out their phones after your accident." He joked, making her crack a smile.

"There's no use." she muttered. He was stunned; how could she say such a thing?

"Don't say that. I lost you once, I won't do it again." She laughed slightly and brought one of her hands up to his cheek.

"You never lost me. You never will, don't forget that." Her hand fell back to her side and she coughed heavily, increasing his worry. He could hear sirens in the distance, and hoped they would arrive soon.

"Stop talking like that, please." He begged, wishing she had a little more faith, and trying to figure out how she was so calm in this peril.

"Travis, do something for me please?" She asked quietly.

"Anything."

"Look up." He did so, as she took her last breath...

Skyway Ave.

________________________________________

Andrea Garza.

That was her name.

Brown hair.

Brown eyes.

Resident of Chicago, Illinois.

Died on the corner of 124th and Skyway Ave.

All these things Travis learned, he didn't want to know anymore. She was gone. Music was the only constant in his life, and that could change on the drop of a dime. Music was also a source of his pain at the moment. He could kick himself for writing some of the lyrics he did.

Cause I would die for you on Skyway Avenue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Five months. bahaha, I can't believe it's been that long.

BUT HERE IT FINALLY IS.

so sad =\ i hate that, but it's what I originally planned. ohhh, that song gets me every time.

Don't be mad Dree D: i'll write you a happy Gaskarff one ^-^