Summer of 09'

in the cold you look so f i e r c e

January 17th, 2009

Fate.

A single word that most find absolute faith in, that fate will tie them and their true love together, magically. Fate is magical. Fate is what's meant to be.

But I don't believe in fate. I don't believe in predestined maps, that my entire life could be changed with one movement, the map re-aligned or it'll stay the same. That my entire life is on this one path that I'll have to follow.

I don't have a path, I never had a single path to follow. If I could see that path and follow it, I would chosen too a long time ago. But now I walk on hard cement sidewalks, creating my own future and trying to forget my past.

The cracks in the cement help me realize even the strongest things are weak, I can't let myself be weak. Not anymore.

As we get older we are pushed into the realization that we have to grow up and mature. We have to learn to take care of ourselves because no one will take of us. I learned this hard lesson at the age if seven when all I wanted to do was be a kid.

I don't believe my mother being put in jail, my father's plane crashing into the ocean or the fact that I now have to live with a drunk is fate.

Maybe, it's just coincidence.

Life would have been easier having something guide me to where I should be. But it's too late to give what little faith I have to something that doesn't even exist. Until fate proves itself to me it's the cold cement sidewalks that give me the strength to walk another day.

To think and make myself stronger than those cracks, to make myself unbreakable. As if that was possible, to be unbreakable.

The ramblings of my mind sometimes don't make sense, just like my grandma doesn't either when she's drunk.

Goodnight, until we meet again tomorrow.


Riley's Online blog
An excerpt.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the beginning for my story.
(:
Yay online blogs.
The entire story won't be an online blog. Promise.
When my Alex story is finished I'll update this one like a crazzy maniac.

<3