Summer of 09'

girl i know we can make this l a s t

Important: A few chapters will be flashbacks. (:

Caleb's P. O. V.
Valentine's Day.


The cold air nipped at my hands as I rubbed them furiously together, blowing hot air at them hoping they'd start to have some feeling in them. I could feel eyes upon me but no one dared to approach me it seemed, my eyes darted around looking for the person I was waiting for.

A smile came upon my face as I watched Rye walk forward, a smile upon her face as I noticed her hat was barely hanging on. She seemed to glow with radiance I had never seen before. My hand came out before I could think and her mitten covered hand took mine strongly.

I continued to smile as I looked down at her and we entered the small bistro, I had rented the place out just for us. I wanted to make Valentine's day special for her, the waiter smiled as she brought us towards the backroom and she pulled back the curtain.

Candles were light around the entire room, especially upon the table and a single rose was laid across Rye's plate. I heard her breathing catch as she walked forward to pick it up, instantly bringing it towards her nose to sniff. Her eyes came to me which were slightly watery, I instantly began to panic as I walked forward.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry, Caleb?"

"You're crying," I said softly as I let my cold finger catch the single drop that fell from her eye.

She shivered at my touch before grabbing my hand and entwining her fingers with mine and then she leaned forward to press her lips against mine. My heart speed up in my chest as I let my free hand capture the back of her neck to keep her there.

Then I pulled back from the kiss to see she was smiling at me now. We then took our seats across from each other and ordered drinks, I couldn't keep my eyes off her when she pealed off her jacket to reveal the blue dress. The dress that came from John's Aunt's shop, where we kissed the dressing room.

"I figure I'd wear it for sentimental value," she added as she blushed and I smirked at her. She took her seat once more and reached across the table and I let my hand slip into hers. I never thought this evening would be so perfect.

"So hows your Valentine's day so far?"

"It's perfect, especially since you're my first Valentine," she added softly as I felt puzzled. Surely, she had more than me, how could she not? Riley was beautiful and dazzling and her imperfections are what drove me insane. I was in love with the most amazing girl, how could no one before see how perfect she was?

The candlelight seemed to only enhance her beauty, the cosmetics applied only made her more stunning, and her hair slide past her shoulders in soft wavy curls. She was absolutely perfect.

"I can't believe I'm your first Valentine."

"You're my first for many things Caleb."

I squeezed her hand as our food was soon brought to our table, and we ate discussing small parts of our life with each other. It was hard for me to believe that within a month's time I was a different person. I was happy being this new person, I was happy being with Rye.

We weren't officially a couple, but everyone assumed as much. We preferred to keep things less complicated, or I did. Life got hectic for me especially when I had to go on tours. Girls throwing themselves at me, Rye didn't need to be hurt anymore than she already had been I deemed.

A part of me couldn't imagine leaving Rye be herself, what if guys threw themselves at her? The image of that happening filled my mind, making me angry and jealous at the same time. I sighed knowing that Rye was mine, right? She would always be, my love for her would never allow me to give up on her.

The meal was finished and I paid for the bill, "Would you like to go back to my hotel with me?" She laughed lightly as she slipped into her coats and mittens, "I'd love too."

We walked down the cold sidewalk with each other, snowflakes started falling from the sky and landing upon our jackets and hair. I watched as Rye tilted her head up to look at them, I couldn't help but smile as I tugged her along towards the hotel . Once we entered the lobby we shook the snow from our hair and coats, laughing with our arms hooked with one another.

She smiled as we entered the elevator and I hit the up button, tonight would be perfect. I was determined to make it perfect as her arm slide away so we could hold hands. The doors closed in front of us as I looked down towards Rye, a part of me wanting to tell her I loved her.

She looked towards me and for a brief second I felt as if she already knew and she loved me too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sick and stayed home today so I thought I'd update.
(:
I know many wanted to kill me because of the last chapter.
But I promise, it will make sense.
<3

Comments and subscribe. <3