Summer of 09'

we are getting close now don't turn a w a y

Flashback still. (:

Riley's P.O.V.

Caleb's weight comforted me, his body keeping me warm. It wasn't what you thought though, Caleb and I didn't have sex. We cuddled and brought intimacy back in the form of words and expressing feelings. I couldn't help but smile as I reached up to brush back his hair, a cheesy smile appeared over his face.

Butterflies entered my stomach as I felt my walls beginning to melt. Within a month's time I was letting Caleb into my life and into my heart, I wasn't sure if I was in love. But I knew this had to be extreme like at it's best. His hand captured mine that was playing with his hair, he turned it over and kissed my palm, the whole time his eyes still locked on mine.

If I didn't have morals, I would have given myself to him that very moment. My heart pounded against my ribcage as I cuddled closer, and his arm around me tightened. My head rested against the pillows as I stared at him, I could never get sick of this I determined.

"Tell me about your past."

I became nervous as I watched him, the shadows of the candle light danced upon his features. I knew I could trust him with my past I determined.

"Well, I was born in Denver, Colorado, U moved to Lehman when my mother was arrested, well actually before that, I ran away to my grandmother's house. My mother and my father never got along as I was growing up. My father was a pianist, a brilliant one. He constantly traveled trying to make a living off his talent and that left my mother and me alone. My mother was a prostitute, and a drug addict. It wasn't pleasant, especially for me."

I swallowed hard as his free hand came to stroke my hair, my body quaking with anger and fear of memories. I leaned forward to bury my face into his neck.

"You don't have to continue, Rye."

"No, you deserve to know the truth, everything. Why I'm such a bitch," I took in depth breaths, inhaling Caleb's cologne and it consumed and comforted me. "Then my parents split, my father had been a customer and I had been a carefully planned mistake. She wanted to catch him and finally be free of the streets and the money. But he worse off than she was, and she was stuck with a child."

"She learned that children make more money," my voice broke as his arm tightened around me and I cried. I had never told anybody the story, I have never let anyone see me this weak. "I was still young and there was room I stayed in when my mother had business. I was playing with the doll my father had given me, I knew he felt guilt but he always promised to come back for me when he had made it. I believed him, he was a kind man."

"Then, the door opened and my mother stumbled in half drunk and the man looked at me eagerly. He handed my mother the money and for a second I thought my mother might actually save me but instead she slammed the door shut and locked it. He moved towards me and I remember screaming for her, screaming for her over and over. But never once did she come and save me, she let him rape me, she let him use me so she could get her own fix."

"Oh god, Riley," he whispered into my ear as I shuddered against him. The memory haunted me. The way his big hands had grabbed me and left bruises, they way he smelled of stale cigars and his breath wreaked of alcohol. I had lost myself so long ago and even though I wasn't pure I still considered myself innocent. I wanted my next time to be with someone I loved, someone who I knew wouldn't hurt me.

"I ran away after that, I just kept running and then finally I was placed with my grandma when my mother was jailed. She had robbed a convenient store and they caught her, she had killed the cashier behind the counter and wounded a civilian in the store, she was sentenced to life. My father had made it and he was flying home to come to me. The flight never made it to the airport, it had crashed somewhere Texas."

I paused before continuing, "The last person who I was suppose to trust, who was suppose to love me, she gave me up for a fix. She hurt me for her drugs. I've always been strong and afraid to let people in, but Caleb, I'm letting you in. I care about you," the words fell from my lips in a whisper.

I pulled back to look at him, his eyes were soft and full of what looked like pain. I put my free hand to his cheek as I leaned forward and let our lips meet. Unlike all the other times we had kissed and it had been passion, this was a slow kiss that made me melt. His lips were soft and gentle against mine and he nipped lightly at my lower lip.

I groaned as he kissed my cheek and went to my ear, his teeth lightly nipping at my lobe. "I trust you too, Rye and care more than you know," his words sending shivers down my spine. He rolled onto his back and pulled me with him, letting me cradle my head against his shoulder.

Caleb wasn't sleazy anymore, he was a caring and compassionate man.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of sad chapter, and they got closer.
i might update once more.
(:

comments please
(: