Summer of 09'

my head's a m e s s

Riley's POV.

I laid there snuggling against a pillow, letting the soft murmur of Caleb's voice fill through my head, blocking out the sound of everyone's else voice during the song. I knew this would be difficult, either way I was going to be hurting somebody and leaving something I cherished and loved behind. Pain entered my chest, stabbing my already fragile heart and I squeezed my eyes shut tight.

Caleb was my world. We've had many ups and downs. We've fought, we've yelled and screamed at each other and he's called me drunk too many times to count. He's held my hand, he's the one person who I've given my heart to without abandon, giving him everything. I had endured being without Caleb for the short amount of time Caleb told me he couldn't be with me, the sharp recollection of the memory coming back into my mind.

Caleb annoyed me beyond belief, but he had a beautiful smile and always knew what to say or how to kiss me to make my knees go wobbly and make my heart race. But, would that be enough? Could I honestly handle being on the road and people throwing themselves at Caleb, could I handle seeing girls trying to make out with my boyfriend, with my personal manwhore.

He was difficult and made me want to strangle him sometimes, but, he was Caleb.

My Caleb.

Someone I loved with all my heart, someone who I knew I could be myself with and be so open with that nothing else would ever matter. It couldn't matter because I was right where I wanted to be, with Caleb.

But the question remained.

Could I handle being thrown to Texas, living with Caleb and then spending all that time with Caleb while he was on tour? It'd be hell. I wasn't one to wait either. It wouldn't be that I didn't trust Caleb, it would be I didn't trust the tabloids or the girls out there. I was too sensitive.

I sighed in defeat as I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. My grandmother needed me, she had nearly lost everybody and I was last thing here, the last thing that made her smile. I would miss her, I would miss the way she'd bake me cookies, the way she'd come in and shake me awake yelling at me to get up it's a beautiful day.

She was my family.

Ava was my best friend, the only true friend who had been there through everything. The one person I loved and trusted with everything, the one who would hold me while I cried, or let me sleep over because I couldn't handle my at home life. I didn't know where I would be without her. I wouldn't be the same person without, Ava. She had impacted my life so profoundly. She use to be my everything until Caleb came along and swept me off my feet.

I opened my eyes pushing myself to my feet, I knew the decision I had to make, I knew it just wouldn't be easy. I let myself continue to listen to Caleb's voice, letting it soothe my breaking heart, the choices we made would effect our lives, now and always.

What would I even do with my life if I lived with Caleb? I pulled my phone from my pocket, keep my earphones in my ears I knew there was one person I had to see even if it would cause trouble, they seemed like they could help me the most.

Hey, I know I'm probably the last person you want to see, but, can we meet up and talk?

Yeah, where?

The Bistro on Lexington.

I'll be there in about 20.

I smiled as I tucked the phone back into my pocket, and walked into the kitchen to find Gram's putting away groceries, I hugged her gently.

"I'm going to meet a friend, I should be home around 8 or so. If I'm going to be late, I'll call."

She gave me a smile and kissed my cheek, "Alright, have fun dear."

I nodded knowing without a doubt this wouldn't be fun nor would the choice laying in the bottom of my stomach be, a part of me already knowing what I had too. But a second opinion never hurt, maybe someone else could calm my erratic mind
♠ ♠ ♠
so another chapter. (:
i kind of already know what i want to do.
but i want to hear from my readers, so comment please.
should she stay or go with caleb? and why? (:
thanks you.
so i'm ending this at chapter 30. 3 more chapters. (:
i'm starting a new story too, called Hey Jude, it's a fanfic about Pete Doherty, if you haven't listened to his music, you should. plus the english accent rocks.
love you guys!
<3