Summer of 09'

i don't know what i'm waiting f o r

Riley's P.O.V.
_____________________________

I sat there in a small cafe outside of Lehman in the town of Berkshire waiting for Caleb, I had no clue why I came when I hated him. I sneezed as the sunglasses almost fell from my face and I scrambled to put them back into place. I didn't want to see my face planted on the internet because of stalkerazzi.

I let my chin rest in my palm as I stared down at the menu wondering what I wanted and then I watched as a man sat across from me, I raised an eyebrow. He almost looked like Abraham Lincoln. I cleared my throat as I lifted my chin up and smiled lightly as I saw a small strand of ginger hair peeking out beneath the wig.

"Well aren't you slick."

"Not everyone can be a president, classy and slick." He added with a signature smirk, and I felt something stir in my stomach. I pushed it away as I raised an eyebrow over at him, waiting for him to initiate whatever he wanted to talk about, he did call this meeting.

"I want to apologize for how I acted last time. It was a mistake and I'm really sorry if I hurt you."

A mistake?

My heart sunk at the thought but I regained my composure and at this very moment was glad for the sunglasses that shielded my emotions. This was why I hated Caleb Turman because he played every girl he could; within a square mile to be exact.

He was not to be trusted.

"No need to apologize, it's fine. I figured it was a much mistake. If that's all, I'm going to be leaving." I muttered, my voice cold and I watched as emotion flickered overAbraham's, his face. "Rye." He moved his hand forward to cover mine and I looked at him.

"You know I don't want it to be a-"

We were cut off as cars starting pulling towards the cafe with speed including a limo and my eyes widened. What the hell was happening? I almost pulled my hand back but froze as I watched in amazement as a boy with brown hair popped his head from the limo.

"Yo Abraham, let's go. Now! Bring sunglasses too."

I started shaking my head 'no' but he gripped my hand tighter as he started to run for the limo and I was being forcefully dragged behind him. I continued to struggle as we stopped and then I shoved forward into the limo and onto someone's lap.

My eyes darted upward towards the platinum blonde, he stared down at my with curiosity but a smirk was tugging at his lips. I almost felt as if I was being kidnapped and maybe I was I decided as I pushed myself backwards and landed on someone's lap.

Oh dear god.

I was the only girl in a limo full of six boys, all who were probably hormonal. I felt the chances of me surviving without a being hit on were zero. I gave them five minutes.

"So Caleb who's the girl with the rockin' bod?" A boy asked.

.5 seconds it seemed.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled the baseball cap off my head and let my hair around my shoulders in a mess and pushed the sunglasses back on top of my head as I let my gaze slide around to each member and finally coming upon Abraham Lincoln, the man I was currently sitting on, wonderful.

"So do you like older men?"

I started laughing asAbraham Caleb did an eyebrow wiggle towards me, his hands laying on my lap now as I let my arms twine around is neck. It couldn't hurt to mess with him.

"Oh yes. Dead presidents turn me on Caleb. Although I prefer George Washington, his white hair and wooden teeth, oh god." I said with moan as his eyebrow raised almost in curiosity, my lips cursing upward.

I bet all six where thinking about buying a George Washington costume.

I leaned forward to whisper into his ear, "I like to give back to my country." I heard nothing but I did feel something and pull back and started laughing. "It seems little Cal likes to serve as well." I commented as the limo came to a sudden and unexpected halt pitching me forward and on top of someone else.

I looked up and the boy smiled down at me.

"I like to serve my country as well."

I groaned as I threw open the limo door to see I was in front of a hotel. Oh dear god. I couldn't stay with them. I had school and a life. I pressed the palms of my hands to my eyes.

I had friends who would worry about me. This can't be happening. I suppose I should be jumping for joy but I'm not, I like living in Lehman. I like having an ordinary life and I refuse to be uprooted to staying with Forever The Sickest Kids.

"Riley." A hand was placed on my shoulder but I shrugged it off as I turned to face Caleb, the mustache in his left which he was currently in the process of tearing from his face and the hat lay in his other hand. He looked at my with pity it seemed, but I turned away to try calm myself.

I had the sudden urge to cry.

Why did I take everything so personally? They were trying to get me away from the stalkerazzi but they didn't take me home instead they took me to their hotel. I weighed the pros and cons inside of my head. What could be so bad?

I'd be missing school, that was the only downside to this. I'd have to call Ava and ask for my teachers to start submitting my work via email once more, like I had to do when my father had died, I had done on my work through a laptop. My grieving process was abnormal, I was depressed about his death for years it seemed and then I had finally snapped out of it and was able to function as a normal member of society.

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, to hang with the guys.

I was giving in and a part of me had no clue why. I'm sure staying with a band wasn't a legitimate reason to miss school. I'd have to make several phone calls.

"So how long will I be staying?"

"However long you want." Caleb answered as I turned to face him, and I smiled at him feeling slightly comfortable. Maybe, I could be friends with him, but that didn't mean I couldn't still be mean.

What would be the harm?

The internet and stalkerazzi.

I'm sure I could live with that for now. I laughed lightly as I moved forward towards Caleb and let my arm slide around his waist in a comforting manner. He looked down at me with surprise evident all across his face, he seemed shocked that I initiated the touching and for once it seemed sincere.

It was sincere.

"Come on Abe, let's go get Caleb back. I kind of miss being a bitch to him."

He grinned down at me as he placed the Abe hat upon my head, it was bigger than my head and fell over my left eye. I laughed as we walked up the hotel's steps.

"Alright Madame, let's go get that manwhore, I'm sure he misses your insults."

It seemed from a distance, we were the perfect couple. They way his arm was relaxed around my shoulders and holding my close to his body. The way my arm wrapped tightly around his waist and the way his hat fit over my head. The way we'd look at each other and just laugh.

But Caleb and I were far from perfect and from being a couple.

Who needed perfection anyway.

It was overrated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in a LONG time.
I'm working on finishing this story before updating the others.
I just keep getting so many ideas.
I promise to update more often.
Except Sat. I see my boys live. <FTSK3
woohoo.

Anyway. Comments? (: