This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Uncomfortable Plans

Spotted

C and J heading off to class together. Could they be friends again after the mysterious falling out a few days previously?

S eating lunch, for the first time ever, without C, M, and Z. Looks like the balls out of the court.

M and D looking cozy under the big Burns tree. Looks like mayhem turned out very well for this idol.

N and Z off to class, in the lunchroom, at their lockers. Basically everywhere together. Could this be the start of something new in Z’s love life?

---

“Wow I forgot just how boring school can be,” Joe said as Casey turned the car onto the street. “I love it!”

They all laughed. “Right it was just a riot,” Nick rolled his eyes.

“You didn’t have fun?” Zoey questioned. They had been together basically all day, since most of their classes were the same.

“I did,” he said quickly. “But I mean its school. It’s supposed to get on our nerves right? I’m just playing into the role.”

Casey dropped everyone off and stopped in front of her house. “Thanks for the ride Casey,” Nick grinned as he got out.

“No problem,” she grinned.

“Hey,” Joe said. “Since there’s no homework today, do you want to come over? Watch a movie or something?”

Casey sighed. The whole being cool with Joe thing was still a little weird after the other night, but she didn’t have anything to do. “Sure,” she grinned. “Let me just drop off my stuff at my house.”

She went in, and put her stuff down on the table before walking into the kitchen, where her mom was pouring herself another glass of wine. She sighed. “Dad’s coming home late again, isn’t he?” She knew her father’s busy schedule really upset her mother. He was always working.

Her mom smiled when she heard her daughter. “Yes, he’s going to be late,” she sighed. “So I was thinking maybe we could go shopping. Hmm? A little mother daughter bonding maybe? Buy you some clothes, mom approved of course.”

Casey laughed. “Sorry mom, I already have plans.” She felt bad, but her mom was clearly slightly tipsy right now. She didn’t want to let her out of the house while she was like this.

“Oh what are you doing?” she questioned.

“Going to the Jonas’s house,” she explained. “Probably watching a movie or something.”

“Oh have fun,” her mom smiled.

“We can go shopping this weekend though,” Casey promised.

“It’s a date then,” her mom said before taking a sip of her wine.

Casey walked up to her room to change her clothes. She was suddenly feeling a little tired and hot. She grabbed a tank top and shorts and put her hair up in a pony tail. She sighed, looking at herself in the mirror. She looked a mess, but she was comfortable. She didn’t really think Joe, Nick, and Kevin would mind so she headed over to their house.

“Hey,” Nick said as he answered the door. “Joe and Kevin are in the living room.”

“Thanks,’ she grinned as she followed him there. “Hey guys,” she said as she took a seat down next to Kevin on the couch. Joe was on the floor in front of the TV, trying to pick a movie.

“Hey Casey, maybe you can help us,” Kevin said.

“With what?” she asked.

“We’re trying to figure out what to do tonight,” he explained. “We want to do something city based, you know? Learn a bit more about the city we’re living in now.”

It seemed so like them, even if she didn’t them that well. She wasn’t surprised at all. “Well there’s like tours and stuff, but they’re only during the day.”

“Well what do you like to do at night?” Nick asked. “I mean, when you’re not partying, of course.”

She laughed as he smirked at her. “Well there is one thing,” she said, thinking. “They show old films in Grove Park, on the side of the museum in good weather. It’s really cool, and a lot of fun.”

“Let’s do that,” Nick nodded. “Want to come Case?

“Sure,” she grinned. It was one of her favorite things to do, even before partying. She remembered a time when her dad would take her once a week and buy her ice cream and popcorn and cotton candy and they’d sit together and watch the movie. Those were some of her favorite memories. She usually went with Marisa Zoey and Sam now that she was older, but it was still a lot of fun.

“We can call Marisa and Zoey too,” Nick said, leaving out Sam with a look at Casey. He seemed a bit scared to even mention her. Casey didn’t know why. It wasn’t like she’d react. She was already over Sam’s bullshit. As far as she was concerned, Sam had made her choice and now it was unnecessary drama.

“I’ll text them.”

Joe sat down on the other side of Casey. “So the only movie we’ve unpacked so far is Juno,” he said.

“No, they’re--,” Nick started.

But Joe cut him off. “Shh, it’s starting.”

Casey laughed. She didn’t mind. She loved this movie. A few minutes into it, she got a text from Marisa asking if Drew could come too, and Zoey replied with a definitely. The boys said Drew could definitely come, and Danielle was coming too. Casey sighed, feeling suddenly uncomfortable. Marisa and Drew, Zoey and Nick, Kevin and Danielle. It would be all couple, and then her and Joe. Joe didn’t seem at unease at all. But suddenly, she was wishing she had taken that shopping trip offer from her mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I know not that great, but I had to set up for the next chapter, which I promise will be a lot better :] Feedback anyone? Don't be silent readers please :]