This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

The Best Hello and the Hardest Goodbye

What’s up Makeascene friends? I saw quite a few of you at the big shindig last night. Lots of drama going on, and of course, yours truly is here with a full report. Looks like S and A decided to make a royal appearance. Too bad the only people that seemed to care were them. Told you S, C will not let her flame blow out. M and Z were seen having the time of their life until the end. C and J disappeared after a while for the rest of the night. Were they having their own party? No one seems to know. N had a smile on his face after a mysterious text. Wonder if that was from big brother or some other girl. Maybe Z has some competition. I say bring it on. We’re sure Z has gotten some family traits from C and can handle just about anyone. Plus that just means more juicy 411 for us. So keep it going your highnesses. As for me, time to get a latte and find out more.
Yours forever,
Scenebaby

---

Joe woke up when his chest started hurting. He clutched his heart, gasping in pain. He tried not to move around too much because Casey was fast asleep in his arms and he didn’t want to wake her. He needed his medicine though, the pain taking over him. He grabbed his phone and texted Nick, telling him he was coming and to meet him at the door. He didn’t know how far he could take his pain. He looked down at Casey, sleeping so peacefully in his arms, and for a second his pain disappeared. He truly wished he wasn’t feeling like this, that he could stay with her like this until she woke up, and that he could be with her, and they could be in love happily. But he knew it couldn’t be. He knew it was wrong of him to put her through this. He should just walk away and never look back. But he couldn’t. He couldn’t be away from her. In all his life, nothing had ever made him this happy, nothing had ever given him so much purpose.

He kissed her forehead and got up gently, making sure he didn’t wake her and made his way to his house. Nick was waiting at the door, pills and water in hand. “Here,” he said, handing it to Joe.

“Thanks,” he said gratefully, downing the pills. He sighed, still in pain. He took a deep breath and sat down on the steps, looking out over the quiet neighborhood.

Nick sat next to him. “So you were with Casey?” Joe simply nodded. “Does this mean you finally admit you need someone?”

“I don’t need someone,” Joe said quietly. “I need her.”

This made Nick smile. “I’m happy for you. You don’t deserve any of what’s happened to you, and the fact that there’s someone that can make it better for you, it just really makes me happy.”

“Thanks Nick,” he sighed. Nick’s words made him think of something. “It makes me happy too, but it’s – it’s going to be that much harder to say goodbye.”

“Maybe you won’t have to,” Nick said, trying to grasp at straws. “I mean, love can work miracles.”

Joe sighed, and looked down at his feet. “I’m past miracles Nick. I’m past hoping for a cure. But she gives me hope for something, for happiness. It just – seems cruel to be going into this to set her up for so much heartache.”

“Joe, you need to tell her,” Nick said quietly. “She’ll understand, and she’ll love you anyway.”

“That’s only because she’s never been through heartache,” he said quietly. “She doesn’t know what it’ll be like when she loses me so she won’t be cautious.”

“Is that a bad thing?” he asked.

Joe shrugged. “It’s bad to be so naïve sometimes. It just hurts even more when you get hurt cause you’re not prepared.”

“You’re not supposed to be cautious in love,” Nick insisted. “It’s all about the ups and downs and the roller coaster ride of it. It’s not all just supposed to be bliss Joe. Heartache goes hand in hand with it. Having problems and working it out just makes it stronger.”

“Yeah if you have time to work it out,” Joe sighed.

“So what are you saying?” Nick said after a moment.

Joe took a deep breath. “I don’t even know. I know I do love her, and that I want to be with her. But I can’t decide if it’s right of me to want this.”

Nick nodded slowly, quiet for a moment. “You can’t keep going back and forth Joe. You have to either be with her or leave her alone. Zoey was telling me how much it kills Casey every time. It’s not fair to her to string her along.”

“I know,” he looked down. He felt horrible for what he was doing, and what he would be doing. “But whatever I pick, she’s going to be hurt.”

“I can’t tell you what to do,” Nick said, standing. “But I can tell you that Casey loves you. And I think you both deserve some happiness.”

Neither of them said anything as Nick left him alone. He sighed. What was he going to do?

---

Casey woke up alone. She felt slightly confused. Had the previous night just been a dream, her drunken way of trying to gain some happiness? It seemed ridiculous, a fragment of her imagination. But then, she hadn’t had anything to drink. She was sober the whole night, though she was sure not many else could say the same. But she had been! And so had Joe. So had he really been here? Or was she really just that pathetic as to make something up like that?

No he had to have been here! She wouldn’t make something up like that, would she? But then, where was he now? Had he left because he regretted it? Was he just feeling sorry for her last night? Was it just pity? No it couldn’t be. There had been so much emotion last night. She knew Joe felt something for her. She took a deep breath and grabbed her phone, checking to see if he had texted her or called her or anything. But there was nothing. There was absolutely nothing.

No guy had ever made her feel like Joe did. And last night, she had had the best night of her life. But now, she wasn’t even sure if it had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I know, I'm evil. I keep giving you a centimeter and then taking an inch. But I have too much fun! Haha don't worry, you guys won't hate me for too much longer XD Anyways, comments anyone? Let me know what you think of this chapter :]