This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Hot Dorks

“There is no way your mom can stop you,” Marisa groaned. “It’s mayhem. Tonight is the first night. We’ve been planning this for so long. You have to go!”

Casey, Marisa, Zoey, Sam, and unfortunately, Sam’s boyfriend Alex were walked out of Coach, Marisa and Zoey newly equipped with shoes. Much to the other girl’s dismay, Sam had brought along her boyfriend Alex, who, the three girls thought was a complete joke. But they beared with it, because according to their friendship rules, she only had 2 months left with him if they didn’t like him. And all three girls thought it was safe to say that in 2 months time, he would be gone. Unfortunately, for Casey, her time with her boyfriend Graham would be cut short in a few weeks.

“I know,” Casey rolled her eyes. “She’s being ridiculous. Like I can bring the street newbies with me to mayhem.”

“Aunt Susan is being such a pain,” Zoey sighed. “But at least you can come then.”

“You can always ditch them,” Marisa shrugged. “Shouldn’t be too hard, seeing as there’s usually enough people to lose anyone, including creepy stalker guys.”

“Typical,” Alex mumbled.

Marisa, who probably hated Alex the most, turned on him. “Excuse you.”

“What,” he asked. Sam timidly looked at the ground as Casey and Zoey glared at her. This was shopping time, which meant girl time. And she had brought him.

“First of all, no one was talking to you,” Marisa rounded on him. “Secondly, what the fuck is your problem?”

“You mean besides the fact that you guys are egotistical bitches,” he asked.

Zoey and Marisa both looked at Casey, who was just staring ahead of her. They were waiting for her response. But she didn’t give one. She couldn’t get over the fact that Sam had obviously picked her boyfriend over her friends. That went against all their rules, all of them.

Alex laughed. “Do you need your Queen C to tell you what to think?”

“You mean kind of how Sam is letting you tell her what to think now,” Marisa snapped, her comment more directed towards Sam.

“Whatever,” he said, grabbing her hand. “Come on baby, let’s ditch these losers.”

Casey turned her head to look at Sam, their eyes meeting for a split second. There was fear in her eyes. She sent Casey an apologetic smile before following Alex.

“Wow,” Marisa gapped after them. “Can you believe that?”

Zoey was staring at her cousin. “Why did you let her go Case?”

Casey was still staring after her friend. She shrugged. “How was I supposed to stop her?”

“Whatever, we don’t need her,” Marisa said firmly. “Anyways, Casey, you better get to the mayhem tonight. Matt McPete has been texting me about meeting up there again.”

Casey and Zoey laughed, the mood completely lighter now. “Wasn’t that the guy you hooked up with Saturday night,” Zoey asked her.

“I was drunk,” Marisa blushed. “Besides, he is hot.”

“Which brings up the topic of hot guys,” Casey smirked linking arms with Marisa. “Tell us what is going on with Drew.”

Marisa blushed even more. “Nothing,” she said.

Zoey and Casey exchanged a look and rolled their eyes. “We’re not stupid,” Casey said. “His little nightly visit has been all over make a scene.”

Marisa groaned. “Can’t that site leave me alone?”

“If you want to become a loser, then sure we’ll text her your request,” Zoey smirked.

Marisa stuck her tongue out at her. “Seriously Ris, spill,” Casey demanded.

Marisa sighed. “Nothing has happened yet,” she admitted. “But he came over and we watched a movie, and he almost kissed me, but then his brother called. His mom was looking for him or something.”

“Aww that is so cute,” Casey cooed. “Dude you guys are perfect for each other.”

Marisa blushed. “You think?”

“Um, let me think on that one,” Zoey said. “Yes! Duh!”

Casey laughed as Marisa groaned. “Guys, come on seriously. I mean, Drew is – well he’s Drew, and I’m just—“

“Marisa Gelman,” Casey finished, laughing. “I don’t get how you can be so confident with everyone, but when it comes to Drew, you get so –“ She looked for the perfect word.

“Retarded,” Zoey suggested.

“I was going to say insecure,” Casey smirked.

Marisa sighed. “It’s just – it’s Drew, you know? I don’t know why he makes me feel like this.”

Casey saw the Cache coming up on their right. “Well, you know what I don’t know,” she asked, sensing her best friend was ready for a change of topic. Zoey and Marisa looked at her questioningly. “Why I don’t have that belt in the window of Cache yet.”

The girls laughed, and walked into the store.

---

Fashionably late was one of Casey’s favorite terms. It made for the perfect entrance always to keep all eyes on you, especially when your name was Casey Cartwright. So she excepted the new neighbors to be late too. But no, they were exactly on time, right on the dot. She was still combing her hair when the doorbell rang. “Casey honey, can you get the door,” her mom called from her own room, probably still not ready either.

Casey sighed and quickly checked her appearance. She ruffled her bangs to make them not look too straight. Pleased with her appearance, she walked down the stairs, and opened the door. There stood Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. “Hi Mr. and Mrs. Jonas,” she greeted them, and moved aside to let them in. “Thanks for coming.” Even if she wished it was another day, she was nothing but cordial. As her father said, appearances were everything.

“Oh well thank you for having us,” Mrs. Jonas said, smiling. “And Denise and Paul please.”

“Okay,” she smiled.

“And these are,” Denise looked behind her, to probably introduce her kids, but there was only on boy there. And he was definitely below 10. Casey grinned, thinking she could go without having to take him. Though, the curly haired kid looked older. She hoped he wasn’t coming. “Well this is our youngest son Frankie. We don’t know where the other ones have wandered off to, but they should be here soon.”

“Denise,” her mom said as her and Casey’s father came down the stairs. “Thank you so much for coming.”

“Thanks for inviting us,” Paul smiled at her parents.

My dad shook his hand. “Phil,” he said.

“Paul.”

“How about we light up the grill,” my dad asked.

Paul smiled. “Sounds like a plan.”

Denise, her mom, and Frankie followed the dads back to the backyard. Casey turned to close the front door, but a hand stopped it. “Sorry we’re late,” a voice said.

Casey looked at the source of the voice, and almost dropped her jaw open. Standing in front of her was an extremely hot guy with straight dark brown hair. He was smiling at her. Hmm, maybe not dorks after all, she thought as the boy walked in, followed by two other hot boys. Damn, good looks must run in the family.

“I’m Joe,” the first boy said.

“I’m Nick,” the curly haired boy from the morning said.

“And I’m Kevin,” the last one smiled.

“Casey,” she smiled at them.

“We know,” Nick said, a blush coming to his cheeks.

“So you’re Miss Queen C, huh,” Joe asked, smirking.

She gapped at them, but then gained her composure. “So you’ve heard of makeascene.net already, huh?”

“Guilty,” Kevin smirked.

Joe looked her up and down. “Not very queenly, to say the least,” he scoffed, his voice different as he imitated a girl. “Like, look at her posture.”

Casey rolled her eyes as Nick and Kevin laughed. “Ignore him,” Kevin said. “That’s what we do.”

She just smiled. Okay, so they were hot, but they still seemed too weird. And unfortunately for her, they were her only ticket to go to mayhem tonight. “So,” she said, leading them to the backyard. “You guys up for a party tonight?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh so not as great as it had sounded in my head, but I got big plans for this story, trust me :]
So comments/feedback/banners please?
Love you guys!