This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Other Reasons

“Finally,” Zoey said under her breath as she followed Casey to where, in her opinion, the slut and the social climber were both sitting, way too close. That asshole, she thought. She had always known he was a sleaze, and he was literally proving her point every second.

“What the fuck,” Casey said loudly, breaking the two away from each other.

“Casey, I—“ Graham started. Patricia just smirked.

But she didn’t even want to hear it. “Save it Graham. FYI, this means we’re through.”

“Casey,--“ he tried again.

“Like he’d want to stay with you anyway,” Patricia said, interjecting. “Graham, you can do better than this has been.”

“Has been?” Zoey blew up, moving up. Nobody, nobody talked to her cousin like that. “Who are you calling a has been you whore?”

“What is this, the little bitch brigade?” Patricia smirked.

Zoey moved up more to charge at her, but Casey pulled her back. She would handle this. Sure, she had been mostly calm all night, not trying to start anything even if random people she hated were here. She had tried not to be affected when the dickhead Alex tried to rouse her. But this had gone too far This bitch was going after her boyfriend. “You know what Patricia, I would not start this if I were you. You learned what happens when you mess with me last time. And trust me, I can assure you, it’ll be a lot worse.”

“What are you going to do if I have your boyfriend?” Patricia grinned. “Because that would mean I win.”

“Casey, baby, no,” Graham tried to move towards her. He needed her, that he was sure of. Patricia was a nobody. Casey was a somebody, no she was the somebody, the only one that mattered.

“Just stay the hell away from her,” Zoey said. “You’re such a pig.”

“Zoey, I got this,” Casey put her hand up as her gaze remained fixed on the pair in front of her. “Graham, in case you didn’t get the hint, this is us breaking up.”

“Good, he can do so much better,” Patricia grinned, having done what she set out to do. She wanted her ‘majesty’ to be miserable, as miserable as she had made her before, and now she would be without her little beau.

“Right,” Casey laughed, rolling her eyes. “This doesn’t mean you win Patrish. No, far from it. You just ruined your own life.”

“What are you going to do this time Case,” she said. “Something new I hope.”

“She’s going to beat your ass, that’s what,” Zoey said.

“There you guys are,” Joe said, coming over to them. “Casey, Marisa is still in the car, almost passed out. Let’s go.”

Patricia looked at the Jonas brother, and smirked. “Well unfortunately, it looks like you won’t be too miserable or alone.”

“What?” Graham demanded, stepping forward.

Joe raised his hands defensively, not trying to start anything when he didn’t know what was going on. And plus, Marisa was done in the back seat. “I’m just the neighbor.”

“The annoying neighbor,” Casey mumbled. She stepped forward. “No I won’t hurt you Patricia. I’m going to help you. After all, I’m pretty sure your rehab center will want to know about the stash of tree in your pocket right now. Tsk, tsk.” Casey shook her head sympathetically. “And my cousin tried to tell me you were doing so well. You know my cousin, right? He’s the one you tried to sleep with the second week you were there. That’s pretty whorish, don’t you think? Maybe they should set you up for a different recovery plan.”

“You wouldn’t,” Patricia said, her eyes narrowing.

“Try me,” Casey grinned.

Joe starred at Casey, wondering when the transformation had taken place. She had been so concerned with helping Marisa, so different than what he expected, and now here Casey was, exactly how he expected. Bitchy and conceited. “Casey, Marisa,” he reminded her.

She sighed, and looked at him. He watched as a new softness touched her eyes. “Right.” Marisa was piss drunk yet again, and Casey had to get her to her house. She knew her best friend was probably passing out right now, and the last thing they wanted her to do would be to fall asleep. She turned back to Patricia. “Have fun back at rehab bitch.”

She turned and walked away. Zoey glared at the couple one last time before following her cousin. Finally, she had let Graham go. And Zoey was beyond glad. Her cousin deserved so much better.

They walked back to the car in silence, people already moving away from the subtly banished pair. Casey dumped him, and hated her, and so they had become nobodies. The ride home was silent too. Nobody really know what to say. Everyone had already gotten the text that said Casey was back on top with Patricia out of her temporary picture. She dropped Zoey off first.

Her cousin looked at her. “Case, you did the right thing, you know. You deserve better than that asshole.”

“So much better,” Marisa slurred, half asleep. To be honest, Casey was surprised she was even awake right now.

“Thanks guys,” she said, though she didn’t even care. She just wanted to sleep. That was what she needed right now, not comforting words and support for a decision that had technically been made for her. “Night Zoe.”

She drove to her house, pulling into the parking lot. Joe got out first and went to the back to grab Marisa. “Where am I putting her?” he asked.

“My room,” she told him. “First door on you’re left when you go up the stairs. I’ll be right behind you.” He nodded and took off. She smiled slightly at Nick and Kevin. “Night guys.”

“Are you sure you don’t want us to stay with you?” Nick asked. “She seems really out of it. You might need help.”

She laughed lightly. “Trust me, I can handle Marisa. I’ve done this a million times. Though Joe taking her up saves me a lot of trouble. It usually takes me forever to lug her up the stairs.”

They laughed, and hugged her. “Call us if you need anything,” Nick said.

She nodded and went inside. Joe hadn’t come down yet, but Casey figured he was putting Marisa into bed or something. Unfortunately, she was beyond surprised to find him sitting on her bed, his legs crossed, Marisa already tucked away next to him. His head was resting back on his hands on her head piece. “Thanks, now bye,” she said. He just starred at her. She just sighed. “Look, if you don’t need anything, I really just want to go to sleep, okay?”
“So you really put that girl on blast today,” he said, coming right to the point.

She rolled her eyes. “Patricia deserved it.”

“Oh what did she do?” he asked, his tone sarcastic as he swung his legs over the side of the bed and sat up. “Try to talk to the boyfriend you were going to break up with anyway? Maybe she likes him.”

Casey laughed. “Seriously? Patricia does not like Graham. She hates me, which means her want Graham to prove a point.”

“And that point would be?” he asked.

“That she can be me,” she shrugged. Patricia had been at war with Casey since they were 10. And Patricia always lost. It still frustrated her. Graham was technically still hers, not Patricia’s. She was a whore, and she pissed Casey off. “And obviously she can’t. No one can.”

“Right,” Joe laughed, rolling his eyes. “Just face it Casey. The only reason you even care isn’t because you’re together still, or because she wants to prove a point. You wanted to be the dumper, not the dumpee.”

“What?” she asked, rolling her eyes. Was he serious? She couldn’t care else about that. She knew how it would be already. Graham would never dump her. Never. She was the best thing to ever happen to him. Zoey was right. Before her, he was a nobody. He would not want to lose her and go back to that. But it didn’t matter. It was too late. Besides, the three month rule was closing in on their relationship anyway. He wouldn’t have had much time. Besides, he was still hers. If everyone saw Patricia and Graham that close, they would start thinking things and rumors would start. And soon it would be all over make a scene that Casey Cartwright had been dumped for Patricia. That could damage her reputation. And that was not going to happen.

“Maybe it’s more than that,” Joe continued. “Maybe it’s about your little fanbase changing camps.” His tone was sarcastic. He knew they weren’t fans. He had fans. She had a following of girls who wanted to be as cool and pretty and popular as her. And she had an even larger following of guys who just wanted to get with her. He knew he and his brothers hadn’t been to an actual school in a long time, and that they were new here. But there was always a few key players, of that he was sure. And he knew the key player here was Casey. She was the only one. Marisa and Zoey were popular too. But Casey – she was above them. She was the true key player. It seemed odd to him that so many people wanted to waste their energy following a girl who clearly didn’t even know herself well enough. “Maybe you’re afraid they’ll leave you.”

“They would never,” she rolled her eyes. “And they’re not a fan base. They’re friends.”

“Oh really,” he laughed. “Okay well name 5 of these friends you’ve hung out with in the last three months. And I mean besides your little BFFs.”

“Fine,” she rolled her eyes again, determined to make sure he didn’t get to be proven right. “Drew, Graham, um – Nick, you and um – Kevin.”

He rolled his eyes. “We just moved here. We don’t count. Besides, we’re celebrities. That just helps you.”

“I don’t need you,” she glared at him. “Look if you’re here to insult me, you can just go. Because I’m still drunk, and you’re annoying me.”

He laughed. “I’m not here to insult you.” He stood off my bed.

“Then why are you here?” she asked, rolling her eyes. She really just wanted to sleep and forget about tonight.

He moved forward, so close Casey could feel his breath on her face. She closed her eyes as he continued to move forward. “I’m here,” he whispered slowly.

She opened her eyes and looked at hi, begging him to kiss her. Woah, kiss her? Where had that come from? Casey did not like this guy. Sure he was hot – very hot. And he looked like a really good kisser. But she hated him. She only wanted to kiss him right now because she was still drunk. And she had just broken up with her boyfriend. And he was hot. But that was it.

He leaned forward some more. “I’m here to make sure you guys are okay,” he said more loudly before leaning back and smirking.

Her mouth fell open, feeling played. He had played her. He had fucking played her. He laughed, and moved back. “Now that I know you will be. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bright and early alright? I want pancakes. We have to go to IHOP.”

She glared at him. “As if. Why the hell would I get pancakes with you?”

He laughed, and walked towards the door. “Because you’ll need food tomorrow. Besides, you can tell me all about the next night of mayhem. See you then.”

He left then, leaving her gapping after him. Oh he had some nerve. One thing was sure though. Casey had wanted to kiss him. And she wasn’t sure how much of it was the alcohol.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muahaha just wait and see what's coming!
I think this is my favorite chapter :]
Not even gonna lie
I'm going to North Carolina this weekend for a wedding so no updates. I'll try to write something while I'm there though.
Comments=love :]