Only When We Close Our Eyes

Two

"Hello,"

October looked up from drinking her smoothie to see a lanky boy with brown hair.

"Hello," She replied to him. The boy sat down across from her.

"Were you crying just now?" He asked her. She nodded.

October had no clue why she admitted this to him. She also had no clue where she was, but none of this had crossed her mind.

Because this was all familiar.

And she knew this boy.

Somehow...

"Why?" He asked grabbing her smoothie and taking a sip.

October pouted.

She shrugged.

"Hey," his voice was heard. Suddenly he was sitting much closer to her. He rested his head on her shoulder. "Don't be sad. I'm here now,"

His hand glided over hers on top of the table in front of her and gave her a gentle squeeze.

She sighed and nodded.

The boy lifted his head to look at her, their faces not too far apart. He leaned in and swiped a kiss at her cheek. The contact of skin made her blush and the boy grinned.

He boldly kissed her cheek again, but let his lips linger on her face a bit longer.

October hesitantly slid her hands across his shoulders and pulled closer into his embrace.

The two held each other for who-know's how long.

Neither of them wanting to move.

His heartbeat thumped through his soft cotton shirt and the scent of cotton candy filled the boy's nose as he buried his face into her hair.

October sat up and gasped, her head throbbing slightly from the blood rush.

It was just a dream.

The girl look at her night stand and noticed the mug of tea and picked up, now feeling the contents being cold.

Taking a sip anyways, October thought over the dream in her mind.

She tried to recall if she knew the boy, but the details were fuzzy and nothing seemed to click instantly.

Shrugging, she looked at the time.

2 AM.

Only October would be awake at this time.

She didn't feel like returning to school the next day anyways.

Thinking ahead of time, she turned on her computer and decided to creep downstairs for a glass of water, while her computer was warming up.

Her dry throat being relieved by the cold crisp water, October couldn't help but think about the boy she became so quickly acquainted with in her dreams.

However, it seemed like she knew him for a while, the way he had knew she was crying, taking a sip out of her drink, and embracing her so affectionately.

October blushed at the thought, suddenly smiling like a goon. Shaking her head with a grin, she quickly finished the cold water and returned upstairs.

She logged onto her school website and emailed her teachers for homework and the lessons forthe next day that day.

It was Friday, so she would need to know what the homework for the previous night was, and tonight's would be. Also, weekend assignments.

October returned to her bed and closed her eyes.

Her memories of that school day flooded unconventionally back to her and October's eyes became moist.

She sadly attempted to stop her tears and fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me tell me.

I want you to tell me.