Only When We Close Our Eyes

Five

"Boo," October whispered in his ear.

Ryan jumped and turned around around with eyes wide open. His mouth formed a smile when he figured out it was her.

"Hey you," He said wrapping his hands around her waist and pulling her towards him.

She laughed and automatically wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"How was your day?" She asked him.

"Same old. I kept thinking about you though," Ryan admitted.

"Me?" October asked in shock. Her face immediately felt warm. Ryan laughed.

"Yes you! Why....have you been thinking about me as well?" Ryan asked. When October didn't reply, Ryan laughed in astonishment. "You have been!"

"Hush you," October muttered.

"I kept looking for you in the crowd," Ryan lowered his voice trying to comfort her. October's heart started to beat very fast.

"Why?" She asked quietly staring at his chest, refusing to look up at his face.

What crowd?

October didn't know.

Yet...she did know. She knew everything about him.

"I missed you," Ryan replied simply.

"I..I missed you too," October replied. She knew she would regret this when she woke up. She was getting attached to an unconscious subfigure of her dreams.

Ryan knew this was bad. He was getting addicted to this girl who was an unconscious subfigure of his dreams.

"Why were you crying the other day?" Ryan asked. He felt this girl tense in his arms.

"I thought we weren't going to talk about it," October said.

"You were upset. I want to know. Tell me," Ryan prodded. October was a bit annoyed by his forwardness. But she knew she shouldn't be.

That was just how he was.

Who was he though? October didn't know.

"Just some girls started picking on me," October said as if nothing was wrong. "I was being a baby about it,"

She was so young. Who was she? Ryan didn't know.

"Who was it?" Ryan asked.

"Danielle mostly..." October muttered.

That girl, again?! Ryan thought bitterly.

Who was Danielle? Ryan knew! How did he know who she was? He didn't even know the name of the girl in front of him!

Yet he still knew what the blonde-highlighted-brunette-haired girl, Danielle, looked like.

How? Ryan. did. not. know.

None of this mattered that he didn't know. It wasn't on his mind how he had no clue who anybody was. That was to be thought about when he was awake.

"What did she say?" Ryan asked becoming more demanding.

"How's your friend by the way," October changed the subject.

"Brendon?"

"Yes, that's the one. The one with the glasses," October recalled. She had no clue who Brendon was. But somehow she knew what he looked like, his quirks, his attitude, everything.

"Good. Performance above average, as usual," Ryan replied.

"Jealous?" She asked with a giggle.

"Nah. I know I could do better. I just have a distraction in my way," Ryan smirked swooping in at the girl in his arms swinging her around carelessly.

October giggled and traced his face with her fingers. When she stopped at his lips, Ryan kissed her hands delicately.

"Don't leave," He whispered.

October immediately sat up gasping for air, as if she was emerging out of water for so long. Frustrated, she hit the mattress with force.

"Mmmhgh," the mattress replied.

"Oh shit," October giggled. She held onto the lump with affection and apology. "I'm so sorry Allison. I forgot you slept over," She laughed.

"S'okay," She heard her friend mumble. "D'you haf uh bad dream'o'something," Allison slurred. October mentally groaned.

It was irritating her how she had no clue who this boy was. Yet she knew who Brendon was. Brendon was the fun-loving, obnoxious, big-eyed, puffy cheeked friend of his.

Who was he though?!

"Or something," October sighed.

Ryan's chest rose dramatically as he gasped for air, his eyes widened with life.

He yawned and fell from his top bunk to the floor of the bus. He steadied himself, never use to the fact that the bus was always moving.

He padded his way to the sitting area, scratching his body lazily, not caring about his appearance.

He was a bit annoyed as he sat down in the booth looking out the window.

"Ry man," another sleepy voice joined him. Jon followed his friend to the booth, not before grabbing the two water bottles from the fridge.

Ryan accepted the bottle gratefully.

The two sat in the booth silently for a while.

"You look mad," Jon stated.

"Stupid Danielle," Ryan muttered.

"Who?" Jon asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"She was picking on her..." He replied sleepily.

"On who?" Jon pushed forward.

"Her..." Ryan couldn't say anymore. Because he didn't know.

"Was it like a bad dream or something?" Jon asked knowing his friend was talking about something that couldn't have happened while he was awake.

"Or something," Ryan sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want you to tell me something about yourself.And the story if you want to.